Cravens may retire

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Cravens may retire

Postby mastdark81 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:58 pm

DarthMonk

Re: Cravens may retire

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:23 pm

:shock:

PS - I actually LOVED the pick.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Gah. We have no luck.
"I’m never under the assumption that you draft for need. You draft the best available football player on the board. ... Because, in the long run, they are the ones who will help you win the most games." - Scot McCloughan

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:52 pm

LOL... what else can be said?

:(
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 pm

We need this class to step up!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:39 am

You know, if this kid has legit issues he's dealing with, I'm not going to beat him up about it. But pulling this crap the day AFTER final cuts when another player didn't make the team is complete BS. That could have been Will Blackmon's spot.

I heard Kevin Sheehan on 980 this morning make one of the best observations ever. 22 year old kids don't "retire". People who have actually had a career get to retire. This guy quit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:48 am

I gotta add here that this is another of McCloughan's picks that's turned out badly. This is two now -including Doctson - who've had their maturity and mental toughness in question. Third rounder Matt Jones gone. Sudfeld gone. And as much as I like Scherff, that pick is still open to criticism.

Not trying to blame SM for this specifically, the draft is always going to be a roll of the dice for even the best teams and GMs. But there was a lot of canonization of McCloughan over the winter like he was the horse whisperer of drafting players and we're doomed without him. As much as I dislike Bruce personally, I'm starting to believe that his draft classes are going to look better side by side with SM's over the next few years if they don't already. Anybody want to take a guess on which 1st round pick makes more impact this year: Jonathan Allen or Josh Docston?

That fan favorite story about the railroading of McCloughan is starting to look as shaky as the "super talented RG3 got a raw deal from the Redskins" fairy tale.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:09 am

The Redskins have not been managed well for many years - everyone with any knowledge of the NFL knows this

Snyder's stupidity is mainly responsible for the dysfunction here not McCloughan
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:50 am

SkinsJock wrote:The Redskins have not been managed well for many years - everyone with any knowledge of the NFL knows this

Snyder's stupidity is mainly responsible for the dysfunction here not McCloughan

That's a straw man, and an obvious one at that.

I'm not blaming McCloughan for dysfunction. I'm holding him accountable for the draft picks he made.

I'm pretty sure you were on here last week complaining about a lack of accountability. Why so willing to blame Snyder, Cousins, Gruden, etc; but McCloughan has no responsibility for these picks?

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:49 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:The Redskins have not been managed well for many years - everyone with any knowledge of the NFL knows this

That's a straw man, and an obvious one at that.

I'm not blaming McCloughan for dysfunction. I'm holding him accountable for the draft picks he made.

I'm pretty sure you were on here last week complaining about a lack of accountability. Why so willing to blame Snyder, Cousins, Gruden, etc; but McCloughan has no responsibility for these picks?

For sure. McCloughans on the hook for this one and many other draft failures thus far in the two years he was here and pretty much every free agent.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:17 pm

McCloughlan is not here but I'm fine with holding him accountable for anything he was solely responsible for - most fans know that Dan and Bruce are the ones that make the decisions here and would have greatly influenced what McCloughan could and couldn't do
Dan and Bruce are the ones that are primarily at fault here - McCloughan was not given the authority he needed or we wouldn't be in the mess we're in - McCloughan had input and does bear some responsibility but these 2 idiots are the root cause of all our issues
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

SkinsJock wrote:McCloughlan is not here but I'm fine with holding him accountable for anything he was solely responsible for - most fans know that Dan and Bruce are the ones that make the decisions here and would have greatly influenced what McCloughan could and couldn't do
Dan and Bruce are the ones that are primarily at fault here - McCloughan was not given the authority he needed or we wouldn't be in the mess we're in - McCloughan had input and does bear some responsibility but these 2 idiots are the root cause of all our issues

meh. Let's not deflect. Scot's job and what he has been praised for endlessly was the draft. While he was here nobody had any question that he was in charge of and responsible for picking those players in 2015 and 2016. I'm not trying to blame him for the larger woes of this franchise. I'm just pointing out that his reputation as draft and free agent genius has not been born out by the results.

I will save your post though so this season when we lose some close game and you're on here complaining about a Jay Gruden play call, I'll remind you that "Sure Jay bears some responsibility but these 2 idiots are the root cause of all our issues". :D

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:58 am

I thought that McCloughan was in charge of the draft choices but I'm not certain about that now - McCloughan had input but IMO Dan and Bruce had the final say - sugar coat it all you like - this franchise would not be in the mess it is, if Snyder had not interfered with what the FO was doing - we would be a lot better off if he brought in someone like McCloughan & stopped interfering with who coaches & plays here

AGAIN, the lack of success on the field is mainly due to Snyder and Allen's inept managing of this franchise NOT the players & coaches

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:29 pm

SkinsJock wrote:AGAIN, the lack of success on the field is mainly due to Snyder and Allen's inept managing of this franchise NOT the players & coaches

You really don't need to reiterate the stuff that's already in your signature. We get it :wink:
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:53 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I thought that McCloughan was in charge of the draft choices but I'm not certain about that now

lol. ok.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football