Cravens may retire

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Re: Cravens may retire

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:54 am

Honestly this game is a brutal one. Ive loved this game since I was 8 years old.
But I dont blame anyone who rather do something else.

Most retired players walk with limps, brain damage ,hip replacements, knee replacements, missing teeth....on and on.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:32 am

Hero --I agree with you 100%. It is NOT mandatory that a guy play football. If he decides he doesn't want the pounding and is willing to give up the income, good for them.

I do think it's a little unfair on a franchise when someone is drafted in the first or second round and then in a year or two decides to hang it up. You can blame the FO for not doing enough due diligence but even that might not matter. It could be something the player decides after playing a year or so.

I wish the NFL would do something to help a team with their cap when a guy dies (i.e., Sean) or a guys decides to retire early, like Bowman for the 49'ers, the OL from the Ravens and maybe us with Cravens.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:13 pm

fredp45 wrote:Hero --I agree with you 100%. It is NOT mandatory that a guy play football. If he decides he doesn't want the pounding and is willing to give up the income, good for them.

I do think it's a little unfair on a franchise when someone is drafted in the first or second round and then in a year or two decides to hang it up. You can blame the FO for not doing enough due diligence but even that might not matter. It could be something the player decides after playing a year or so.

I wish the NFL would do something to help a team with their cap when a guy dies (i.e., Sean) or a guys decides to retire early, like Bowman for the 49'ers, the OL from the Ravens and maybe us with Cravens.

I agree with you but in this specific instance he had a history of not being reliable in college when it came to his commitment to football and the Redskins front office didn't find that out until after they drafted him.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:38 am

Al Galdi‏ @AlGaldi 55m55 minutes ago

#Redskins 2016 draft irony: guy who always talked about "football players" may've spent 1st- & 2nd-rd picks on guys who don't love football.

yeah.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 am

Doctson doesn't love football???
Maybe he does... His body just hates him for it! Smmfh
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm

it's obviously a huge mistake on McCloughan's part to bring in players that did not work out ...

can you imagine how good this franchise would be if we had not had McCloughan working here and screwing things up :roll:

fact is we'd still be as good or as bad as we've always been the past 17 seasons
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:27 am

SkinsJock wrote:it's obviously a huge mistake on McCloughan's part to bring in players that did not work out ...

I don't think it was his fault at all. Dan Snyder was busy meddling and interfering.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 am

we'll never really know how good a job people can do here while this idiot owner continues to interferes with them doing their jobs

it must be frustrating for the FO, players and coaches to know that, no matter how hard they bust their asses to make things better here, this idiot will make it difficult for them because he wants to make sure that he gets all the credit

btw - did anyone else notice Garcon last night - great decision to let him go and bring in Pryor
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:52 pm

So how many busts does this make for the "In Scot We Trust" god-like GM?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:18 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:So how many busts does this make for the "In Scot We Trust" god-like GM?

we've since come to the conclusion that McCloughan didn't have a clue about what he was doing - makes you wonder why they ever hired him in the first place - Danny must have been really mad at whoever was responsible for bringing in another loser FO person :lol:

nobody within any sense thinks this franchise has even a slight chance at success with this idiot owner - what a joke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football