Sean McVay

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Sean McVay

Postby DEHog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:18 am

Anybody else miss this guy? Listening to him this morning...if Gruden loses to him this week he's going to hear it from the fanbase!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Re: Sean McVay

Postby mastdark81 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Don't miss him at all. He was liked and could be a speech coach but outside of that, he one of the long list of NFL guys that are fast-tracked through upper positions not because of their success but because of who they know or the family they come from. Was TE coach

He has a good offensive scheme and probably is a good teacher of the game in the classroom. To me he has a lack of skill in-game and don't have the intangibles necessary to be a great coach. Think he would be better suited a qb coach. Thought he helped Kirk come along really well and improve.

With his youth, however I thought he would bring something new to the game. Redskins remained one of the least innovative predictable teams in the NFL and underachieved with the talent that they had.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Sean McVay

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:48 pm

players and coaches get too much credit and too much blame - success or failure in this game is rarely because of a great player or a great coach - the franchises that do well have a good mix from top to bottom of guys that 'work well together'

Sean's success will depend on having a good FO, a good group of coaches and a good group of players - he will get the credit or the blame but the fact remains it will depend on his putting a good 'team' of coaches and players together with the support of a good group of FO people

can't wait to have that here again ... miracles do happen
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football