Redskins FO update

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Redskins FO update

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:03 am

for those of us that think we need a better FO ... don't get your hopes up

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/reds ... ent-staff/

seems like the guys in charge think that what we've got is just fine :roll:

after all, looking back over the past 5 years, there's no reason to think that we need a better FO - this one's put us right where we belong
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Re: Redskins FO update

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm

I read this and thought How Sad, not a good time to be a Redskin Fan.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:57 am

Not sure what was so damning in that article. We didn't hire one of three former BROWNS executives??? Wow. My hopes are dashed.

Seriously, I was happier to see Doug Williams promoted and given an opportunity to do more for the team than to see the team hire some other retread.

Besides SJ, you've written at least two thousand times in the past six months that it doesn't matter who we hire as long as Dan Snyder owns the team. So what are you bitching about?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:32 am

riggofan wrote:Not sure what was so damning in that article. We didn't hire one of three former BROWNS executives??? Wow. My hopes are dashed. Seriously, I was happier to see Doug Williams promoted and given an opportunity to do more for the team than to see the team hire some other retread.

Besides SJ, you've written at least two thousand times in the past six months that it doesn't matter who we hire as long as Dan Snyder owns the team. So what are you bitching about?

I just want to update everyone about how lucky we are to have these people not hiring more idiots to add to the idiots already in place here

not hiring former NFL idiots does not excuse the idiot owner from all that he has done - he's not showing any signs of learning from his mistakes

Seriously, as long as Dan Snyder has control over who coaches and plays here, this franchise will continue to be the joke it has been
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 am

SkinsJock wrote:Seriously, as long as Dan Snyder has control over who coaches and plays here, this franchise will continue to be the joke it has been

Snyder isn't going anywhere. He's 52 years old.

Support the players and coaches who are working their *** off to win football games. Man, how could you watch Ryan Kerrigan strip sack Goff yesterday or Mason Foster shaking off a dislocated shoulder to intercept a pass and seal the win and not be excited about those guys?

We'll have at least eight months in the off season to complain about how much Dan sucks! :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:04 pm

I support the players and coaches - every game I hope we can find a way to win - however, I'm really mad at Dan Snyder for what he's done to this franchise and for not finding a way to get good NFL people to work here - given his history, it's probably hard to get good people to even consider managing, coaching or playing here

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:36 am

SkinsJock wrote:I support the players and coaches - every game I hope we can find a way to win - however, I'm really mad at Dan Snyder for what he's done to this franchise and for not finding a way to get good NFL people to work here - given his history, it's probably hard to get good people to even consider managing, coaching or playing here

I don't know about "good" people. Doug Williams seems as qualified as any other candidate out there to be in our FO, and I'm really glad he's getting the opportunity. Gruden was a successful, proven offensive coordinator who deserved his shot at a head coaching job. And like Bruce Allen or not (I personally think he's kind of a smug dbag), he's as much of an NFL guy as anybody else.

I agree with you though about Snyder hurting us in hiring, especially hiring anybody who has options. If you're a hot candidate for some position, and you're weighing a job with the Skins or Team X, I'm sure working for Snyder is huge minus. Anyone looking at his track record would have to be wary. Fifteen years ago, he could just throw the most money at these guys. I don't think that is remotely the case anymore.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:32 pm

I think it has become VERY clear that top quality FO personnel will NOT, under any circumstances, work under Snyder. This is an undisputable fact. Just take a look at the FO history under Danny boy. What highly sought after FO personnel would knowing walk into that dumpster fire?

The only FO personnel coming to DC is low-grade. And that is the way Danny boy likes it --- he wants a yes-man that will do what they are told.... because at the first sign of resistance to the Danny boy machine --- they will be pushed out of the organization by Danny and his flock of sheep.

I have been saying this on here since day 1 (2008) ---- and, while people disagreed, I think the past 10 years of history have adequately proven my hypothesis. Sorry fellas --- until Danny boy is gone nothing will change...... in that we will see constant change for the worse.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 pm

You can point to this coach, that FO person or the number of good NFL players that are on the roster and it still adds up to a franchise that is a huge joke in the NFL because we have an owner that is too involved with too many aspects of the franchise

Dan Snyder needs to let these guys do their jobs and unfortunately I don't think he can - Snyder wants it to be clear to everyone that he was responsible for any success that this franchise has - that is NOT happening while he continues to be as involved with things as he has been

I'm just frustrated that Snyder refuses to learn from his mistakes

-----------

Postby Smithian » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:09 pm

The Redskins had a good offseason on paper. The defensive talent got better on all three levels and on offense they didn't made a smart prove it offer to Pryor. This is a better roster than a year ago today and looks set up at all but one position to be good for a while.

I am not a Bruce Allen hater and I think the Skins have a good team in the front office. The 2016 draft takes some shine off of McCloughan in my book. They'll be okay.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:You can point to this coach, that FO person or the number of good NFL players that are on the roster and it still adds up to a franchise that is a huge joke in the NFL because we have an owner that is too involved with too many aspects of the franchise

Like what? What specifically is Snyder involved with?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:38 am

Smithian wrote:I am not a Bruce Allen hater and I think the Skins have a good team in the front office. The 2016 draft takes some shine off of McCloughan in my book. They'll be okay.

Man, that's some level headed stuff. Well said.

Personally, I think Allen is smarmy and arrogant. But his drafts for the Redskins have been at least as successful (probably more so) than McCloughan's.

The guy was the NFL Young Executive of the year with the Raiders when they went to the AFC Championship. He's a former college and NFL player, has been around the NFL his entire life and has decades of NFL front office experience. Whether or not any of us like him personally, its demonstrable nonsense for people on here to post that we don't have "NFL people" in our front office.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:00 am

call it what you will - this franchise has not been very well regarded (it's a joke) since Dan Snyder took over and that is not changing no matter who is in the FO, coaching or playing here - you are making excuses for an organization that has proven to be incapable of ensuring that we have a team on the field that can control it's own destiny

until we find a way to win games by playing better and not by chance (for the most part), I will continue to point to Dan Snyder's failure as an owner and for making it near impossible for his coaches and players to have any chance at success

looking at all the mistakes by former coaches, FO people and players, is not doing it for me - the root cause of our issues is Dan Snyder

it's demonstrable nonsense for anyone to post that our failure to succeed is because of anyone other than Dan Snyder

we have some good people in the FO and some good coaches and players - the problem is that we also have an owner that interferes with what all those people do - until he stops doing that it makes no difference who is in the FO or who is coaching or playing here

WAKE UP - McCloughan may have gotten more good press than he deserved - who cares - nobody can be effective here or do their jobs well while Dan Snyder interferes and ensures that he's a big part of the process of managing this franchise

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:25 am

SkinsJock wrote:'s demonstrable nonsense for anyone to post that our failure to succeed is because of anyone other than Dan Snyder

Its demonstrable nonsense for you to claim that anybody here has ever written anything remotely like that. Nobody is defending Dan Snyder. I hold Snyder entirely accountable for twenty+ years of bad decisions.

SkinsJock wrote:we have some good people in the FO and some good coaches and players - the problem is that we also have an owner that interferes with what all those people do - until he stops doing that it makes no difference who is in the FO or who is coaching or playing here

You keep writing that, but what specifically has Snyder done to interfere with these "good coaches and players" in the FO the last four years? How will you know if or when he has stopped?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:27 am

btw - letting Garcon go and having Pryor for 1 year seems like a pretty interesting move by this FO :shock:

I know, it's too early to tell :twisted:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football