2017 defense - are you believing?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: 2017 defense - are you believing?

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:30 am

It has only been 3 games but the D is playing very well ... the additions of Manusky and Tomsula have undoubtedly helped a lot

these 2 coaches were with McCloughan in San Francisco .... just a coincidence, I'm sure :lol:

I agree that going into the bye week at 3-1 would be really H U G E
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:If they show up tonight vs that Chiefs offense playing in Arrowhead on MNF will definitely make me a full believer.
Until then I'm *eh*

Its okay, man. Definitely the safest position for any Redskins fan.

I'm not sure I'm a believer yet, but I sure want to be one.

Was on the road all day yesterday, but got to hear the Cowboys and Giants both losing on the NFL radio. Love it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Kansas City Chiefs is the best team in the NFL today. They are playing at home. Most productive rusher.

Vegas odds, for what they may be worth, are: Kansas 48u-10 -7 -10
Kirk would need to be consistent after the last win and the team would need to still play at its best. Definitely an upset if Skins win but I am hoping for one.

I will be happy with a competitive game. Just no embarrassment on national (and international) TV, please. [-o<
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Kansas City Chiefs is the best team in the NFL today. They are playing at home. Most productive rusher.

Vegas odds, for what they may be worth, are: Kansas 48u-10 -7 -10
Kirk would need to be consistent after the last win and the team would need to still play at its best. Definitely an upset if Skins win but I am hoping for one.

I will be happy with a competitive game. Just no embarrassment on national (and international) TV, please. [-o<

Hoping for the Redskins to play well - our defense is starting to gel and the tackling has improved a lot
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Sirs.. Madams...

I LangleyparkJoe, Aka LPJ, is extremely happy with our defense. Yes I am bummed we lost, however it was not a surprise considering how good the Chiefs are.
The real surprise for me was how our defense played, incredible.. I'm totally boosted for the future now.

LPJ out.. :mrgreen:
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

Hog

Postby oj » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:43 am

The most impressive thing about the defense is how others stepped up to fill for the fallen, they matured right in fron tof our eyes and are ready for whatever the rest of the season throws at them.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 am

Agree with both of those comments. As well as the defense played and filled in for each other, I was really struck by the difference when Josh Norman went out. I know he's a top corner, but I have to admit I've probably undervalued his importance on that defense. Glad its a BYE week coming up, and I hope Josh is back on the field sooner than later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football