But why??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Skins History Buff

Re: But why??

Postby welch » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:44 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Thanks for the insight about The Danny. Castles, moat, ice skating................. hmmm, seems like a fairy tale.

Maybe he has been watching "Frozen" one too many times....??

:lol:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:If he doesn't win a playoff game I say, "Who cares where he goes?" I sure as hell won't.

This opinion just looks better every week. Let's save it so we can look upon it fondly when we're in the Mike Glennon era. :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:16 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:New stadiums are for winners.

:D =D>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:39 am

Beathard looked pretty good yesterday. If he plays the remainder of the season like he did yesterday, SF won't need a QB.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:33 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Beathard looked pretty good yesterday. If he plays the remainder of the season like he did yesterday, SF won't need a QB.

True. I wonder how many times though a rookie or backup QB has come off the bench and surprised every one for a single game then completely failed once coaches have tape on him? We'll see if he's legit or not.

Man the real question I have after watching Beathard is: how freaking terrible is Brian Hoyer??? Good grief.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:01 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:West coast Fans don't "see" the everyday activities of The Danny. I know what he's done in the past, but is he THAT BAD every day of the year?

No, he takes off being a d-bag on Christmas
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:49 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:West coast Fans don't "see" the everyday activities of The Danny. I know what he's done in the past, but is he THAT BAD every day of the year?

No, he takes off being a d-bag on Christmas

Dude, you know he's the boss who gives the staff the jelly of the month club subscription.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:43 pm

riggofan wrote:Dude, you know he's the boss who gives the staff the jelly of the month club subscription.

The gift that keeps on giving.

:lol:

"I want to look him straight in the eye and tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, far flushing, snake licking, dirt eating, inbreed, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat assed, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey *sh$t* he is!!! Halleluah!! Holy *sh$t*!! Where's the Tylenol??"
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

-----------

Postby Smithian » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 am

If Kirk finishes the season strong, the Redskins will find a way to bring him back.

I understand why after 2015 they were hesitant. I wasn't sold after just one year. But last season after he started badly the crashed and burned against the Giants? I wasn't ready for the Skins to write the check and it isn't my money.

Some more games where he battled like he did against KC and I'm ready to pay him all the money.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:19 pm

way too much is made out of what salary a player receives - there's no way that some of these higher paid players are 'worth' the money they are getting - this is how it works in the NFL - I have no problem with Cousins or any player getting a 'fair market value' deal next season - the only concern we should all have is that all the other players who are eligible, get 'paid' as well - it's one thing for the QB to get a 'huge deal', it's ONLY a problem if that 'deal' prevents the franchise from over paying other key players to keep them here

this is where the 'money' guys get to earn their keep

this is all going to take care of itself - the future is now - life after Cousins & Gruden will be fun to discuss in early 2018 :twisted:
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:38 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Beathard looked pretty good yesterday. If he plays the remainder of the season like he did yesterday, SF won't need a QB.

True. I wonder how many times though a rookie or backup QB has come off the bench and surprised every one for a single game then completely failed once coaches have tape on him? We'll see if he's legit or not.

This has to be one of the most common stories in the NFL:

A step back: 49ers routed by Cowboys in Beathard’s first start
http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/A-s ... 297793.php

Went from a 57.6 QBR in that surprise work vs. the Skins to a 21.6 QBR the next week in his first start. None of this to say he might not be a decent QB in the long run. Just so common to see this situation with a backup or a rookie.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:21 pm

riggofan wrote:
riggofan wrote:
This has to be one of the most common stories in the NFL:

A step back: 49ers routed by Cowboys in Beathard’s first start
Went from a 57.6 QBR in that surprise work vs. the Skins to a 21.6 QBR the next week in his first start. None of this to say he might not be a decent QB in the long run. Just so common to see this situation with a backup or a rookie.
there have been a number of bad games by QBs this season

and we have seen some good coaching from both new HCs and new coordinators
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football