Post-49R Pre- EAG MNF

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Post-49R Pre- EAG MNF

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:43 am

There's a lot to feel good about. We could be undefeated.

The losses were wins we let slip away ... and we almost did it again.

Here's a late call that went our way at a crucial juncture - OPI on Garcon. Thank God. Damn refs are always against us - right?

How many more guys can we lose on defense? Is Ioannidis officially a hit?

And now - the Eagles.

They are firing on many cylinders. We let a win against them slip away. They smell a big division lead. We are banged up and likely down Josh Norman.

What do we have to do to win? Kirk needs to spread it around and we need inspired defense.

Fingers crossed.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Re: Post-49R Pre- EAG MNF

Postby oj » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:18 am

The Eagles are dominant, no question. I think Kerrigan and Co learned a lot during the first matchup, there were 2-3 plays that Wentz pulled a plumb from his ass that he won't do again this time. I think a gameplan that outsmarts their pass rush is critical, getting thier D line frustrated will be the ticket. Run them around and in the 4th quarter we'll dominate. Tons of screens, keep the D line running and we'll own them.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby oj » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 pm

I thought I heard something about a new kicker. Seems Hopkins is on IR with a hip injury so we've got another undrafted walk-on kicking tomorrow. I don't like the sound of that at all, kickers win games, offense score points but the kicker wins the game. We had world class kickers 'back when' Mosley and Lohmiller, neither were walk-ons. I think both were high draft picks and worth it.
Lets hope the new guy has a hot foot, seems like he can kick over 50yds. Tomorrows' a good time to have that 'newbie' luck, lets cash in on that.
Go Skins!
Molon Labe

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm

DarthMonk wrote:And now - the Eagles.

They are firing on many cylinders. We let a win against them slip away.

We didn't let it slip away, the refs stole it. The supposed fumble at the end was another case of a clear cut replay going against us. Kirk Had thrown the ball, it traveled 6 inches forward before being batted backwards, and any contact was made to his person. Who knows if we would have been able to win? But it is certain that we were not given the chance, by yet another replay official contradicting the visual evidence to our detriment.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:00 am

why not us? - we have all seen a number of games this season where the better team lost - hopefully we get lucky

the future is now

btw - at this time the Redskins are favored to beat the pukes next Sunday - beating the eagals this week would be H U G E
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some here think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged - this idiot owner has no clue about the NFL

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:46 am

SkinsJock wrote:why not us? - we have all seen a number of games this season where the better team lost - hopefully we get lucky

Would be great to pull off the upset. I think the injuries on defense are going to be a problem. Norman out is big. And we need to see if anyone can make up for losing Jonathan Allen.

Like SJ wrote though games have been crazy in the NFL all season long, and these divisional games are always unpredictable.

Not expecting a W tonight, but I hope they can pull one out. Payback for week 1!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:15 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:why not us? - we have all seen a number of games this season where the better team lost - hopefully we get lucky
Would be great to pull off the upset. I think the injuries on defense are going to be a problem. Norman out is big. And we need to see if anyone can make up for losing Jonathan Allen.

Like SJ wrote though games have been crazy in the NFL all season long, and these divisional games are always unpredictable.

Not expecting a W tonight, but I hope they can pull one out. Payback for week 1

agreed - we can win this - not having Norman and Allen on D is big but it's still a divisional game and others will hopefully step up
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some here think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged - this idiot owner has no clue about the NFL

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:51 pm

oj wrote:I think Kerrigan and Co learned a lot during the first matchup, there were 2-3 plays that Wentz pulled a plumb from his ass that he won't do again this time.

I hope so. Wasn't there some play they ran multiple times with Zach Ertz ripping off big yardage? I hope DJ Swearinger finds him tonight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 pm

Embarrassing - what a shame - the Gruden/Cousins era is coming to an end

Kirk Cousins is now 0-6 on MNF - I doubt he's getting another shot with the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:30 am

SkinsJock wrote:Embarrassing - what a shame - the Gruden/Cousins era is coming to an end

Kirk Cousins is now 0-6 on MNF - I doubt he's getting another shot with the Redskins

lol.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:40 am

SkinsJock wrote:Kirk Cousins is now 0-6 on MNF

This is such a dumb stat. What is it supposed to prove? Kirk Cousins can't play on Mondays?

The Redskins TEAM is 5-21 on Monday Night football over the past 20 years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc- ... 5006b79241
For 20 years, no one has been worse on ‘Monday Night Football’ than the Redskins

Probably a more revealing fact.

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:26 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Kirk Cousins is now 0-6 on MNF

This is such a dumb stat. What is it supposed to prove? Kirk Cousins can't play on Mondays?

The Redskins TEAM is 5-21 on Monday Night football over the past 20 years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc- ... 5006b79241
For 20 years, no one has been worse on ‘Monday Night Football’ than the Redskins

Probably a more revealing fact.

It means the Redskins have been a pretty crappy team for going on 3 decades now.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:41 pm

at least we're getting on MNF - it's a shame that we have such a bad record but things will get better ... eventually

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:41 am

hanburgerheel wrote:It means the Redskins have been a pretty crappy team for going on 3 decades now.

No doubt. It also probably means that the league keeps putting them on MNF because the ratings are good whether or not the team is good. Would you agree?

I don't have the numbers, but I bet if you looked into it the Redskins have played way more Monday night games than similarly crappy teams during that time.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:45 am

Btw I'm not saying that this makes our MNF record any more acceptable. I just think its a dumb stat that says more about ratings and business than it does about the team. The Redskins don't lose because they're playing on Monday night football. They don't lose because Kirk Cousins can't play on Monday nights. They usually lose because they're not a very strong team playing against another team that gets good ratings (and a good chance is better than they are). We didn't get Redskins/49ers on MNF this year.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football