Post-49R Pre- EAG MNF

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Post-49R Pre- EAG MNF

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am

the Redskins record on MNF has nothing to do with who plays QB - This franchise gets high ratings despite the mediocre play on MNF

I don't think we'll see Jay Gruden or Kirk Cousins on the Redskins sidelines in a MNF game next season
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:47 am

SkinsJock wrote:I don't think we'll see Jay Gruden or Kirk Cousins on the Redskins sidelines in a MNF game next season

Cousins situation is too complicated to even guess at IMO. But I'll put my money on Gruden being back next year. The team is 3-3 so far and has been competitive in every game. Including Monday night despite an insane number of injuries. I'll take that bet if you want to make it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I don't think we'll see Jay Gruden or Kirk Cousins on the Redskins sidelines in a MNF game next season
Cousins situation is too complicated to even guess at IMO. But I'll put my money on Gruden being back next year. The team is 3-3 so far and has been competitive in every game. Including Monday night despite an insane number of injuries. I'll take that bet if you want to make it.

we could be 6-0 - our problem is not simply that Jay Gruden is not a good enough HC or that Kirk Cousins is not a really good QB

Jay Gruden is a lot like Norv Turner IMO a good OC that's not really suited to being a HC
with the FO people we've got and with Snyder's interference, it really doesn't matter if Gruden comes back or not - this is a mediocre franchise

also agree that Cousins situation is complicated - I just don't see him coming back to this franchise after all he's been through here

Kirk Cousins is likely not playing here next season IMO because the Redskins cannot afford the salary as it will mean not being able to pay a lot of other players on the squad the amount they deserve as well

Jay Gruden will likely be gone as well IMO because he has had enough of Dan Snyder & vice versa
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:55 am

SkinsJock wrote:Embarrassing - what a shame - the Gruden/Cousins era is coming to an end

Kirk Cousins is now 0-6 on MNF - I doubt he's getting another shot with the Redskins

Keep snuggling in your RGIII jammies and sticking pins in your Kirk Cousins voodoo doll, good things will happen....

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:31 am

I'll be here next season ... maybe some here will go elsewhere ... anywhere :lol:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football