No Dallas week?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

No Dallas week?

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:11 am

Here we are on the cusp on the greatest historical rivalry in all of sports, and all I hear are crickets with the game looming
ever so closely, Don't tell me you've already given up? 1 defeat to the Eagles and suddenly its throw in the towel, I expected
better from you, Normally this is your time to shine in the limelight, Telling the world just how much you hate our guts and
how the Skins will stomp Dallas into the dirt

so let's hear it or just concede now and we'll say good game
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Diesel

Re: No Dallas week?

Postby DEHog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:33 am

I was just getting ready to post how this is the most low key Dallas week I've ever seen. I'm going to the game this week to see some good friends! I'm more interested in seeing them than the game! Will be interesting to see how many Cowboy fans are there, with the bad weather forcast, I'm thinkng there will be a ton of Boys fans there.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:56 am

I love the sentiment, but its hard to get very excited about this game. We've got 17 freaking guys on the injury report including four starting offensive linemen. I think the Skins will come out fired up in the first half, but I don't see how they last a full four quarters. Every team deals with injuries, but man! We sure got whomped all at once.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:25 pm

DEHog wrote:I was just getting ready to post how this is the most low key Dallas week I've ever seen. I'm going to the game this week to see some good friends! I'm more interested in seeing them than the game! Will be interesting to see how many Cowboy fans are there, with the bad weather forecast, I'm thinking there will be a ton of Boys fans there.

Bad weather?

riggofan wrote:I love the sentiment, but its hard to get very excited about this game. We've got 17 freaking guys on the injury report including four starting offensive linemen. I think the Skins will come out fired up in the first half, but I don't see how they last a full four quarters. Every team deals with injuries, but man! We sure got whomped all at once.

Dallas really isn't faring NO better this season, all the luster of last year is falling off them now, This whole with Zeke
is utter ridiculousness in it's entirety, Plus guys, who? have either been suspended or out due to injury with no real
offseason help from ownership, Kinda makes it a Debbie downer, But who knows? This could be one of the more
exciting games we have ever seen

should be interesting to watch
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:47 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:should be interesting to watch

lol. I'm as much of a homer fan as you'll ever see, but if Dallas can't roll over our team this weekend they got real problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:25 am

riggofan wrote:lol. I'm as much of a homer fan as you'll ever see, but if Dallas can't roll over our team this weekend they got real problems.

Dallas is too inconsistent week to week, so I don't expect them to just take off like they did last week against the Niners, Though I could be wrong and they do it again this week??? To quote Trump (We'll see) can they win? sure, It is going to take the same team I saw last week, In order to do it! Washington no matter the record
when it comes to us, There is no way in Hell you are making it that easy for us to slap you around free and easy, I expect a dogfight, Maybe the game comes down
to a game-winning FG? I hope not, either way, I will take the win and will evaluate from there
Jesse Ventura

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:35 am

I agree with what was said above.

Injuries have been terrible this season. It's hard to get excited about a team when you don't know 70% of the starters week-in/week-out.
And we have also been very inconsistent, specially in the running game (our decades-old staple).

We have transitioned to a wanna-be SF or GB team from the middle of the 90s. Lots of dinks and dunks,
mediocre running game, shaky defense, lots of flare but ultimately...inefficient.

Bring back my "three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dirt" running game (five yards would be biter) peppered with a play-action bomb once or twice a game!

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:02 am

maybe we'll see our HC and QB be a little more aggressive this week - we've seen how things go with being careful with the game planning and execution - time to play some old fashioned, passionate football - Callahan, Manusky and Tomsula style football would be nice for a change

this game like a lot of NFL games will not be determined by who is available to play but by which group wants it more
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:28 am

SkinsJock wrote:maybe we'll see our HC and QB be a little more aggressive this week - we've seen how things go with being careful with the game planning and execution - time to play some old fashioned, passionate football - Callahan, Manusky and Tomsula style football would be nice for a change

this game like a lot of NFL games will not be determined by who is available to play but by which group wants it more

That's the spirit, NO excuses, 60 minutes of football may the better team win liking the passion
Jesse Ventura

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:24 pm

SkinsJock wrote:maybe we'll see our HC and QB be a little more aggressive this week - we've seen how things go with being careful with the game planning and execution - time to play some old fashioned, passionate football - Callahan, Manusky and Tomsula style football would be nice for a change

Good grief man, you are ridiculous. We had to sign guys on Saturday to start Sunday. But yes, if we just go out and "want it more" I'm sure that will make up for our two missing Pro Bowl offensive linemen. :roll:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:50 pm

good grief! - I don't have any respect for your opinion
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm

does anyone else have no confidence at all in who Bruce and Dan might bring in to help replace the injured players?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 am

SkinsJock wrote:good grief! - I don't have any respect for your opinion

lol. That's okay man, I'll do my best to try to live with that.

Personally I took a lot of comfort in what you wrote yesterday. Watching our undrafted right guard playing his second game get man handled. Watching Trent's replacement on the left side of the line get blown by for a sack/fumble. I just kept thinking, "If we just WANT it more we can DO THIS. GO TEAM!!!!" :D

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 am

SkinsJock wrote:does anyone else have no confidence at all in who Bruce and Dan might bring in to help replace the injured players?

Yes, its all Bruce and Dan's fault that they can't find starting caliber NFL players sitting at home on Saturday, ready to suit up on Sunday. That's a perfectly legit expectation.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:44 am

I don't care what puke fans who post here think ... the HUGE turning point in yesterday's game was instead of a 9 point lead we were 1 point down and that was certainly not due to who was available to play on the O line

Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder are not totally responsible for what has happened here the past 5 years and for the current issues we are having with the roster but there is little to nothing that these 2 can do to alleviate the problem - it's not their fault that players are getting injured, dropping catches, turning the ball over, missing tackles, throwing STUPID passes, making STUPID play calls - the only thing they are solely responsible for is the inability to make things better because they don't even recognize that there is a problem

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football