No Dallas week?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: No Dallas week?

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:I don't care what puke fans who post here think ... the HUGE turning point in yesterday's game was instead of a 9 point lead we were 1 point down and that was certainly not due to who was available to play on the O line

Huh? You don't think the offensive line bears any responsibility for a blocked FG? You gotta be kidding me.

Rose made his previous attempts from 38 and 42 yards, despite a soft field and consistent downpour of rain. On this kick, however, Crawford got a great jump off the line of scrimmage against guard Arie Kouandjio, who was cut after the preseason but signed off the Baltimore Ravens’ practice squad Saturday because of Washington’s dire need at offensive line, to block the kick.

“He got off the ball pretty good, but I felt like I had him pretty good,” Kouandjio said. “I was like, ‘Yeah, I got you.’ And then I hear the ball pop, and I realized, ‘Dang.’ He blocked it because he
jumped. I don’t know man. I gotta watch the film on that one. I don’t know how that got through. Things happen, I wish it didn’t.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/w ... e8b015e357
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:38 am

lol. Damn you, Jay Gruden and yer shoddy play callin'!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

piggie

Postby masterkwon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:58 am

This was an unwinnable game, injuries or no injuries. The Cowboys have the best RB in the league, Washington has Rob Kelley.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:57 am

the ultimate responsibility for the Redskins roster, or lack thereof is tied to the guys that are in charge here

make all the excuses you want, or, read the drivel from a pukes supporter - the fact remains that no matter who is the QB or the HC, this franchise is not going to amount to much more than mediocre while Dan and Bruce are in charge here - it's that simple

there's no way that these guys can put it all together - there's a reason that this franchise is held in such low esteem by so many knowledgeable NFL fans, NFL media and other NFL FO personnel - Dan & Bruce suck, the evidence is on the field week after week
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:16 pm

SkinsJock wrote:make all the excuses you want, or, read the drivel from a pukes supporter - the fact remains that no matter who is the QB or the HC, this franchise is not going to amount to much more than mediocre while Dan and Bruce are in charge here - it's that simple

there's no way that these guys can put it all together - there's a reason that this franchise is held in such low esteem by so many knowledgeable NFL fans, NFL media and other NFL FO personnel - Dan & Bruce suck, the evidence is on the field week after week

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:23 pm

ROTFALMAO - what you'd expect from a puke supporter

so here's the answer ...

just sit tight fans, trust Dan & Bruce, things will get better here ... :wink:
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:15 pm

It certainly did not help your O line allowed Dallas to sack Cousins 4+ times in that game, but the 2 turning
points were the blocked FG an Jones game saving INT at the end since he was the idiot that set up the score that got you closer than I wante you to be, But Dallas got away easy IMO, the first half penalties were sickening to watch, so don't be so hard on the Skins overall they did not play as bad of a game as you
think
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Every team faces injuries during the season. Coaches know this, players know this.

How is it that each and every season under Gruden we end up hand-tied when our starters go down?
Who's in charge of player personal decisions? Who's in charge of keeping players healthy?

If you build a team around speed, like Gruden has always tried to do, you better expect
to nurse lots of injuries when you're passing 34+ times a game (that's our average this season. For the whole of last season it was 38 attempts per game).

Never liked the WCO because of this. I much prefer a north-south passing game with one consistent RB.

No fluff, no dancing around, no dinks and dunks, no third-down back as your primary RB. Just good ol' hog football.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:59 pm

as the man said ..."You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

it's going to be OK - the players like Josh Norman think so and some fans here think so - we just need to give Dan & Bruce a little more time

Can't wait to see how our FO handles things and helps improve this roster for the coming playoff run :lol:

IMO you can't do epic **** with a FO that takes direction from Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Losing a starter here or there like Cravens and Reed would be manageable.. Losing three d linemen including a first round stud, last years 2nd rounder, our biggest NT, starting corners, starting safety, starting LB, and nearly the entire oline... Is not something any team can just cruise through.

The D was nasty.. The Oline dominate. Coaching and GMs can't replace years of building on the fly with bums on others PS and not miss a beat, thats not how it works.

Keep blaming Bruce and Dan though.. Smmfh
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:51 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Losing a starter here or there like Cravens and Reed would be manageable.. Losing three d linemen including a first round stud, last years 2nd rounder, our biggest NT, starting corners, starting safety, starting LB, and nearly the entire oline... Is not something any team can just cruise through.

The D was nasty.. The Oline dominate. Coaching and GMs can't replace years of building on the fly with bums on others PS and not miss a beat, thats not how it works.

I'm with you 100% man. Fans act like straight up babies sometimes.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:45 pm

riggofan wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Losing a starter here or there like Cravens and Reed would be manageable.. Losing three d linemen including a first round stud, last years 2nd rounder, our biggest NT, starting corners, starting safety, starting LB, and nearly the entire O line... Is not something any team can just cruise through.
The D was nasty.. The O line dominating. Coaching and GMs can't replace years of building on the fly with bums on others PS and not miss a beat, thats not how it works.

I'm with you 100% man. Fans act like straight up babies sometimes.

OK guys - Dan and Bruce are not the main reason that this franchise is looked at so badly by most fans and other NFL execs - please enlighten us on who you think most impacts the problems this franchise has been going through the past decade?

Granted that Dan and Bruce do not catch balls, run with the ball, miss tackles or do anything each and every Sunday except watch what is going on like the rest of us - please clarify who is most responsible for hiring who coaches here and who is on the roster? Who is most at fault for not having the best coaches and players playing here? Why is it that we should put up with the incredible mistakes of adding Haynesworth and not signing Cousins? there are numerous mistakes made by the FO and the guys in charge of that FO are Dan and Bruce ... why do we have a HC that most think we're lucky to have ONLY because nobody better would be interested in coaching here?

please let us know why we should think that things are going to get better here under these 2 bozos - what have they done recently that makes you think the product on the field is going to get better when these 2 idiots do not have a clue what it takes to manage an NFL franchise

pointing out that we have looked good and been hurt by injuries is not helping - all the franchises understand the importance of depth and continuity - this franchise does not and the ultimate responsibility for that rests with Dan and Bruce

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Sean McVay is having a lot of fun as the 31 year old HC of the LA Rams - playing today at the NY Giants - 48-10 with 15 minutes plus to play

it is VERY clear to me that part of the reason he's having such success is because he learned a lot from the mistakes he saw while here ...

these are his keys that he expects from his staff:
1. ACCOUNTABILITY
2. STANDARD
3. RHYTHM

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:29 pm

I've never defended Little Dan and his pal Bruce, but I'm watching the end of the 3rd Quarter, Rams 48 NON-giants 10. NYG demonstrate that it cold be worse.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:44 pm

Welch, the real problem here is not that things could be worse but that they could easily be a lot better

I'm certainly not a fan of those 2 idiots either and I'm not saying that they are totally to blame for everything here but they are in charge and many of the HUGE mistakes this FO have made are due to their inability to properly manage this franchise

I agree that the O line has improved under Bill Callahan and Munusky and Tomsula have done incredible jobs with the defense but I would like to ask how much better we'd be if Dan and Bruce were more amenable to work with - I doubt that most NFL execs would never have let us lose both Garcon and Jackson or relied on a backfield without at least 1 good big RB - Thompson is V good but we have no real #1 RB

whose fault is it that Cousins was not signed to a LTD much earlier

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football