No Dallas week?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: No Dallas week?

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:25 pm

boy oh boy - all those injuries affected the game last week - wonder what the reasoning is this week when we found a way to win :twisted:

doesn't fit the narrative does it? - gotta love it [-X
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some here think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged - this idiot owner has no clue about the NFL

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:36 am

SkinsJock wrote:boy oh boy - all those injuries affected the game last week - wonder what the reasoning is this week when we found a way to win :twisted:

Obviously, since they're responsible for the team playing poorly, they should also be given credit when the team wins...

Sooo... Thank you Mr. Dan Snyder and President Bruce Allen for putting together a winning week! =D> \:D/ :celebrate: :rock:
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:54 am

SkinsJock wrote:boy oh boy - all those injuries affected the game last week - wonder what the reasoning is this week when we found a way to win :twisted:

The narrative is those PS Oline guys had a week instead of less then 24hrs BRO. Get a grip!!

Chalk up the better game plan with a weak oline to the coaches ya?

What's the narrative? What team has lost its starting oline and is crushing right now??? Enlighten me almighty one please
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:13 am

'enlightening'? HaHa - the season is 16 games and we're at 4-4 - this franchise is only going to see a better, more consistent product on the field and on the sidelines when Dan and Bruce stop interfering with whose playing and coaching here

I'm enjoying the win
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some here think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged - this idiot owner has no clue about the NFL

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:47 am

Yeah anybody who watched that game yesterday could clearly see the injuries didn't affect the team at all. :roll:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:04 am

I watched the game :D I agree that injuries affected the game on both sides

SEATTLE (AP) ... ''We made this so hard on ourselves,'' Seattle coach Pete Carroll said.
''You play with confidence, you feel good about yourself, good things are going to happen,'' Washington defensive lineman Ziggy Hood said.
Kelley finished with two touchdown runs, while Cousins was 21 of 31 for 247 yards. He was responsible for a fumble in the first half, but otherwise took care of the ball against Seattle's standout defense. He also withstood six sacks and a number of other quarterback hits behind a makeshift offensive line of backups and rookies.
''This lets everyone know we can definitely win in the most hostile environment. ... If we can play under these conditions it means we can go anywhere. We can play home, we can play away, we just have to be poised, we have to be disciplined,'' Washington tight end Vernon Davis said.
SEAHAWKS ERRORS
Seattle was undone by its mistakes. The Seahawks committed 16 penalties, failed to find much rhythm on offense and saw kicker Blair Walsh miss three first-half field goals inside 50 yards. Walsh was 12 of 13 on the season, but missed from 44, 39 and 49 yards, the last on the final play of the first half.
''This is the first time this year where I haven't really come through and I got to remember that,'' Walsh said. ''As much as it sucks and as much as I want to be there for my teammates and help us win, I've got to remember I'm capable of doing good things here.''
Those misses and two failed 2-point conversion attempts got the better of the Seahawks.
UNDERMANNED
Washington was minus six starters, including three on the offensive line ...
INJURIES
While Washington had a larger quantity of key injuries, Seattle was without three very important pieces. Safety Earl Thomas (hamstring) and defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson (oblique) were inactive because of injuries. The Seahawks lost running back Eddie Lacy in the first quarter to a groin injury after Lacy was expected to be the featured back Sunday.

and it's on to the Vikings for win #5 :wink:

if you thought the PS guys on the O line were good after 1 week's preparation can you imagine how great they're going to be this Sunday

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:40 pm

riggofan wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Losing a starter here or there like Cravens and Reed would be manageable.. Losing three defensive linemen including a first round stud, last years 2nd rounder, our biggest NT, starting corners, starting safety, starting LB, and nearly the entire O line... Is not something any team can just cruise through.
The D was nasty.. The O line was dominating. Coaching and GMs can't replace years of building on the fly with bums on others PS and not miss a beat, thats not how it works.
Keep blaming Bruce and Dan though.. Smmfh
I'm with you 100% man. Fans act like straight up babies sometimes.

OK guys - you feel that Dan and Bruce are not the main reason that this franchise is looked at so badly by most fans and other NFL execs

please enlighten us on who you guys think most impacts the problems this franchise has been going through since 1999?

what needs to change here for this franchise to gain a little bit of respectability like it used to have?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

DHall made his first appearance since tearing his acl, after missing 2 seasons tearing and retearing his Achilles... But was a starter on D and our punt returner... Guy is like 35?? Longest tenured skin... And HE was our go to on punts with Crowder out???

Ya injuries haven't touched this team?

7 sacks???

Ya our three starters don't make a difference there either.

I can't man... I can't dumb it down any further...
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:59 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:DHall made his first appearance since tearing his acl, after missing 2 seasons tearing and retearing his Achilles... But was a starter on D and our punt returner... Guy is like 35?? Longest tenured skin... And HE was our go to on punts with Crowder out???

Ya injuries haven't touched this team?

7 sacks???

Ya our three starters don't make a difference there either.

I can't man... I can't dumb it down any further...
really!! - that's your answer about what you feel can be done to get this franchise back to respectability? :lol: talk about dumbing it down

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:31 am

Hooligan wrote:

Obviously, since they're responsible for the team playing poorly, they should also be given credit when the team wins...

Sooo... Thank you Mr. Dan Snyder and President Bruce Allen for putting together a winning week! =D> \:D/ :celebrate: :rock:

my issue with Dan and Bruce is more to do with what influence they have over the decision making here as it pertains to the FO and who plays and coaches here

the decisions of adding players like Haynesworth and Griffin; not getting Cousins signed to a LTD earlier; letting both Garcon and Jackson go; not having a better #1 RB - to name a few - are a concern IMO

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 am

SkinsJock wrote:what needs to change here for this franchise to gain a little bit of respectability like it used to have?

Win.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:46 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:what needs to change here for this franchise to gain a little bit of respectability like it used to have?

Win.

OK - I'll wait ... it's only been a couple of decades - he'll figure it out soon ... :roll:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Win.

OK - I'll wait ... it's only been a couple of decades - he'll figure it out soon ... :roll:

If you don't believe the Skins will ever win again, then what are you following them for? Snyder isn't going anywhere.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:31 pm

I don't know how you (or anyone) can be a fan and then just stop being a fan ... the Redskins will continue to be a disappointment to their fans while Dan Snyder continues to manage and be as involved as he has been since he became the owner

Dan Snyder may not be going anywhere - I will continue to hope that he will change the way he manages the franchise - I will continue to hope we'll find a way to win games against better teams, like last Sunday, even with Snyder's mis-management, but it's a shame that he refuses to see how much negative affect he has on the franchise

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:50 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I don't know how you (or anyone) can be a fan and then just stop being a fan ... the Redskins will continue to be a disappointment to their fans while Dan Snyder continues to manage and be as involved as he has been since he became the owner

I'm pretty sure I will always be a fan of the team, Snyder or not. He just doesn't mean much to me once the team is playing football.

A few years ago I wrote on here that I just wanted to see the team get back to just being competitive. Field a respectable team. Stop being the league laughingstock. I wasn't expecting them to go from the Cerrato/Haynesworth s***show overnight. I think they've largely done that.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football