Where is the running game?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 8779
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:55 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Not at all sure that the NFL media and fans would agree that Dan Snyder is a better NFL owner than Jerry Jones


Nowhere did I write that Dan Snyder is a better owner than Jerry Jones. So take that straw man somewhere else. You are the absolute worst about inventing arguments with yourself.

SkinsJock wrote:IF this FO were better managed they would not have let both Garcon and Jackson go & they would have made sure we had at least 1 good RB


Nonsense. The 49ers paid Garcon $12m for 8 games, 500 yards and 0 TDs this year. DJax got $20m. You are out of your freaking mind if you think paying either one of them more than that would have counted as "good management". Sucked to lose them, but the front office was 100% correct not to pay those players that kind of money.

As far as the running back thing goes, you guys are complete Monday Morning QBs. Nobody here was bitching about the running backs when we went into training camp with Fat Rob and the guy we just drafted in the third round. Not to mention our third down guy, Chris Thompson, has been one of the best in the league.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:57 am

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby El Mexican » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 pm

It's not so much about the players chosen, but about not having quality backups when the starters have been injured.

That's a planning error that falls squarely on Gruden.

08 Champ
Posts: 17895
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am

implying that Garcon would have the same yardage playing for the Redskins as he has for another team is just as stupid as a lot of your posts

there is no way that you can make me believe that the decisions for who is on this roster this season were made primarily by the coaches and not by the FO or like other franchises

the results on the field will indicate whether this franchise is being managed properly or not just like they do for the other franchises

woulda, coulda, shoulda and wait till next year is the Redskins as managed and owned by Dan Snyder



11-5 is still possible, we still have Jay Gruden and Kirk Cousins ... who needs a running game :lol:
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen - things could get better quickly if we had better decision makers

Skins History Buff
Posts: 5672
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby welch » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:01 pm

(1) Gruden has never had a balanced running/passing attack in Washington. Bad approach.

(2) The team entered the regular season thin at running back. Kelley plus rookie Perine, plus Mack Brown (a "maybe"). Bad planning. Could they have kept Matt Jones?

(3) More injuries at OL than I can remember. Bad luck. Given the salary cap, could the ream have acquired and developed enough depth? (Before the cap, JKC was willing to pay top dollar for backups playing their last couple seasons, like Russ Grimm and Mark Addickes, as well as regulars.)

08 Champ
Posts: 17895
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 pm

welch wrote:(1) Gruden has never had a balanced running/passing attack in Washington. Bad approach.

(2) The team entered the regular season thin at running back. Kelley plus rookie Perine, plus Mack Brown (a "maybe"). Bad planning. Could they have kept Matt Jones?

(3) More injuries at OL than I can remember. Bad luck. Given the salary cap, could the ream have acquired and developed enough depth? (Before the cap, JKC was willing to pay top dollar for backups playing their last couple seasons, like Russ Grimm and Mark Addickes, as well as regulars.)

thanks welch - the NFL has evolved - passing offense has become the staple with help from the rules and very innovative offensive minds
the one thing that has not changed is that franchises with a better run game and a really good defense against the run have always done well
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen - things could get better quickly if we had better decision makers

CKRGiii
Posts: 6506
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:02 pm

LOL our injuries are a cop out but blaming the idiot owner for every loss isn't???

Look at non just the starters but the depth we've lost.. From stacked at TE to V Davis and a rookie! Rookie C, rookie rb, backups across the line. Grant Doctson and Harris our WRs... Bro get a grip!

D I even worse! Lost first rounder, lost starting NT, lost 2 starting LBs, dbs in and out...

The fact we are even competitive with teams like Sea and KC and Min should tell you we are far less mismanaged then your stupid signature. Look at the whole picture bro! Smmfh
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Posts: 17895
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:59 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:LOL - our injuries are a cop out but blaming the idiot owner for every loss isn't?


I don't blame the idiot owner for any losses at all - not one

Dan Snyder's record as an NFL owner speaks for itself - look it up - that's all I "blame him for"

if you think that someone else is primarily responsible for where this franchise is - please let us know :roll:
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen - things could get better quickly if we had better decision makers

08 Champ
Posts: 17895
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:42 am

Snyder is not solely responsible for the lack of a running game, missed tackles, interceptions or bad play calling - the only thing I'm "blaming him for" is that he continues to interfere and has misled and lied to the fans and media about it

In order for this franchise to have a different culture, changes need to be made at the top and while that does not mean that Dan Snyder should sell or leave the franchise, he does need to 'let it go' and be more supportive of those who work for him

Snyder hurts this franchise - good NFL owners help their franchises
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen - things could get better quickly if we had better decision makers

CKRGiii
Posts: 6506
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Blah blah blah broken record
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Posts: 17895
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:06 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Blah blah blah broken record
THANK YOU! I love that you're a little bothered ... :twisted:

you're right, just like this team, it's the same thing every week - woulda, coulda, shoulda :lol:

but wait! 4-6 is not so bad, we can still go 10-6 :wink:

keep on drinking that cool aid
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen - things could get better quickly if we had better decision makers

Hog
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:57 am

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby El Mexican » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Well, at least we have now a RB that has rushed for 100 yards or more in a game (Perine). Saints were unstoppable, though.

CKRGiii
Posts: 6506
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:14 am

SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Blah blah blah broken record
THANK YOU! I love that you're a little bothered ... :twisted:

you're right, just like this team, it's the same thing every week - woulda, coulda, shoulda :lol:

but wait! 4-6 is not so bad, we can still go 10-6 :wink:

keep on drinking that cool aid


What koolaid?

We are decimated, bro.. Look at dullass minus a lineman and a rb- trash.

We've lost, and continue to lose key players.. Yet we battle the hell out of every team we meet! That in its self should tell you how good we could be.

Ya our owner blah blah... We've been competitive every game and have nearly beat some real contenders.. FACT is, with all the injuries, we aren't one, yet.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Posts: 17895
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 am

there is no doubt that the guys playing and coaching here are doing a fantastic job - there's also little doubt that their win loss record is better than most expected - the problem I have is that each and every season under Dan Snyder is the same - disappointment

looking at each game is one thing - looking at the chances for making the playoffs under this owner's management is another

the injuries had little to do with a decision to both call a pass play AND Kirk Cousins should never have thrown the ball - this was a game that despite the injuries we were up by 15 with 3 minutes to play ... this was a devastating loss

it's true that we are not a bad team, the bigger picture is that this franchise is not as good as it could be because it has not been managed well

I agree that each game shows us a lot but there must be some reason why most knowledgeable NFL fans and the NFL media look at this franchise as being a mess - why is that? the evidence is that the players are playing hard and the coaching is good - why do we not get recognized for that? - because, since 1999, we are "the same old Redskins" - we are looked at as being dysfunctional - WHY IS THAT? - it can't be because of the players or the coaching - they are both better than many franchises - we have that reputation because of Dan Snyder



we can still be 10-6 - but we most likely will not - that's not due to the effort from both players and coaches and it's not just because we've been decimated by injuries - this is who we are ....

no worries, wait till next season - I'll be here .... waiting & watching for those games that we are lucky to win

well managed franchises do not need to get lucky
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen - things could get better quickly if we had better decision makers

CKRGiii
Posts: 6506
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:21 pm

I guess the question is why can't we find people to replace who's fallen? Eagles get A jai, and blunt.. And we lose 2 rb starters... And bring in rookies and PS players.

At this point we are decimated, in the off season we will be more desirable, but with the long list of injuries, who would want to come here, to win NOW? No one. Thats on the FO?

Not buying that
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:33 am

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby Bishop Hammer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm

SkinsJock wrote:why not enjoy what you have? what's the point of speculating that the FO will suddenly start making this franchise better - NOT HAPPENING


Sometimes you just need a good catharsis.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football