Where is the running game?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Where is the running game?

Postby oj » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:23 pm

El Mexican wrote:Well, at least we have now a RB that has rushed for 100 yards or more in a game (Perine). Saints were unstoppable, though.

The Defense was 'unstoppable' they couldn't stop anything.
Molon Labe

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:56 pm

oj wrote:
El Mexican wrote:Well, at least we have now a RB that has rushed for 100 yards or more in a game (Perine). Saints were unstoppable, though.

our first game with a RB getting over a 100 yards AND Kirk Cousins had over 300 yards against a very good defense without our best O line

lets look at some positives here as well PLUS we might have won that game if this had not happened
According to Mike Jones of USA Today, team president Bruce Allen received word from league officials that the devastating intentional grounding on the Redskins' potential game-winning drive was the incorrect call, a penalty that took them out of field goal range. Cousins was sacked on the next play of the game to send it to overtime.

With the Redskins driving, Cousins threw the ball towards the sidelines on a short out route, however a miscommunication between the quarterback and Jamison Crowder saw the ball fall to the turf with no one insight, resulting in the call from the officials. While no one was in the vicinity, the pass wasn't a throwaway, but instead a timing route gone wrong. What should have been third down for the Redskins with a chance to better their field position, instead, turned into another failed game-winning drive.
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen, put together a good FO & get a new GM (maybe Doug Williams)
We have some good players and coaches - things could get better quickly here if we had better decision makers

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 pm

oj wrote:

=D>

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 am

Well damn... The officials sure aren't gonna mark the L as a W... Bad calls happen, to us more so
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:37 am

El Mexican wrote:
oj wrote:

=D>

With old man Dhall in the backfield, and lacking at least 2 starting LBs a couple DTs and our NT... Not to mention any other DB churn, ie Nicholson at S
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Well damn... The officials sure aren't gonna mark the L as a W... Bad calls happen, to us more so
over the past few seasons, we have had a number of very questionable calls against us - no doubt ...
HOWEVER
IMO, this was just the wrong call - it was not an anti-Redskins call as much as the officials got caught up in the moment and unfortunately not one of them was able to correct the call at the time - they should have discussed it more ... just a bad call - spit happens
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen, put together a good FO & get a new GM (maybe Doug Williams)
We have some good players and coaches - things could get better quickly here if we had better decision makers

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Maybe not anti skins as much pro breezy

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Maybe not anti skins as much pro breezy

I feel sorry for those fans who really think that the refs are biased towards players or against certain teams - that's a shame

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:46 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

I feel sorry for those fans who really think that the refs are biased towards players or against certain teams - that's a shame

Lmmfao dawg, don't ever feel sorry for me...

Ask any raiders fan about the Tuck rule, and how the NFLs poster child was officiated "fairly"

Lol gtfoh

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

Lmmfao dawg, don't ever feel sorry for me...

Ask any raiders fan about the Tuck rule, and how the NFLs poster child was officiated "fairly"

Lol gtfoh
gtfoh - there have been numerous bad calls and the Redskins fans have to feel that they have been unfairly targeted

I just do not agree that refs are always biased for or against certain players OR for or against certain teams

interesting that the 'NFL's poster child' had to go thru all that BS we knew as deflate gate - why treat your homie like that - gtfoh

you do make it interesting here LOL - lmMFao at ya

Hog

Postby oj » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:18 pm

I believe if you do stupid stuff to get the ref's attention then you'll eventually get bad calls, if you play a clean game you'll get the benefit of doubt. The key is to not get the refs attention in the first place.
Molon Labe

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:02 pm

There ya go again bending arguments to fit your agenda..

No one said that every ref nor every call was bias, or even every game..

Brady and deflate gate? Really? If it was any other qb, they'd probably be banned for life!! Lmao

But what ever, your right that stuff don't happen

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:38 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote: .. No one said that every ref nor every call was bias, or even every game..

:lol: and no one should - it doesn't happen
and
no one really believes that the GOAT needs any help with under inflated balls - that's just stupid
and
the Raiders need to get over it - bad calls happen, nobody's perfect .... well, maybe TB :lol:

BOT - looking forward to a lot of yards on the ground and through the air tonight

HTTR - happy thanksgiving

Hog

Postby oj » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:21 am

I remember when bad calls happened, that was part of the game and the refs knew they'd made a mistake and they'd find a way to balance out that bad call. Now they can't, Godell is trying to take them out of the game and replace them with automatons. If a ref has a gut feeling he'd made a bad call, a call that bothered him, he can't make a 2nd bad call to balance the first because NY is looking over his shoulder recording every little thing they do and the millisecond they interject a personal decision into the play he'll be removed from service.
The days of refs are numbered.
Molon Labe

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Mostly with SJ on this one. Refs make bad calls. I doubt they make more against us than they do against any other team over the long haul. Could be wrong.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football