Victory over Seattle Post-Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Victory over Seattle Post-Game

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 am

What a great win !!

Anybody know what call is being cited here?

Deadskins wrote:Another bullsh:t replay call. You can't overturn the call on the field without visual evidence, which was non-existent because there was no contact after the catch.

I had had a few during the game and wasn't following the Game Day thread at the time.

Thanks.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Re: Victory over Seattle Post-Game

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 am

The players contacted, then fell apart. After the separation, the interception was made. The Skins' player got up and returned the ball for another 15 yards. no contact was made after the ball was intercepted. Ruling on the field was interception and return. But after the replay, the call was changed to interception but down by contact. not sure who intercepted the ball, but it wasn't Compton. It seems like every game we have a replay where the call is either overturned or upheld, incorrectly, based on the replay. I'm just sick of it. I'm surprised the Cousins' "fumble" TD wasn't upheld.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:26 pm

I thought the same, the completion of the catch was after the contact

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm

what a lot of fun that 2nd half was for Redskins fans ...

Callahan, Manusky and Tomsula have added a lot to the quality of play by both our O line and overall defense this season
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:29 pm

SkinsJock wrote:what a lot of fun that 2nd half was for Redskins fans ...

lol. I don't know about "fun", man. I was dying watching that game. I was really going to be pissed if the Seahawks won that the Skins had played *just* well enough to make me watch that entire game!!!

Think I enjoyed the first half the most btw. We were up 7-2 at halftime and it was fun seeing Seattle miss all of those FGs. That's the kind of stuff that usually happens to US.

A lot of the officiating was just bizarre. I'm with Deadskins, really surprised they got that Cousins non-fumble right. That play wasn't even close and wasn't hard to see in real time. I thought they missed a pretty blatant helmet to helmet hit on Quick on that last drive too. Don't see how this wasn't called:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... -mUelRAclM

Man, I have hated the Seahawks for years. So great to beat them yesterday. And the job the defense did containing Wilson - especially Zach Brown - wow.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Good win ladies & gents. We are still in it.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 pm

This game was kind of my Super Bowl for this year. My hatred for the Seahawks has festered ever since their first playoff victory over us in 2005, growing in intensity with each additional high-profile loss to them and watching them rise to become a near-dynasty while we had the RGIII debacle. I was even rooting for the Patriots in their Super Bowl matchup, and don't regret it.

Adding to my bitterness: I watched our last couple of games against them, the 2012 playoff game and the other a primetime game, from Childrens' Hospital while my youngest son was struggling to survive. He did (and is doing great today), but those circumstances made those two losses an even more unpleasant experience.

This game, and especially the way we won it, was sweet justice to me. An end-of-the-match shootout that we somehow won, even though we seem to never win that kind of game and Seattle seems to always win that kind of game. I'll be riding the pleasure from that W throughout the offseason; it was almost as good as a win over Dallas.
"I’m never under the assumption that you draft for need. You draft the best available football player on the board. ... Because, in the long run, they are the ones who will help you win the most games." - Scot McCloughan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:50 pm

totally agree that the officiating was not consistent - holding is holding at any time of the game - call it or let it go; don't do it every now and then, same for pass interference - the officials need to be much more consistent

BIG win in that stadium - it's loud and it was really bad at the end
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling to me that some fans think that things might improve even though Dan Snyder continues to interfere with this franchise & refuses to let it be managed like most other franchises

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm with Bru, sea has killed us in big games and shattered our hearts... Was fun to see us hold on in their house dispute many injuries.

Beating dullass and a win on turkey day will save the roller coaster season- this win being the sweetest thus far
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Massive win yesterday! Season-saving, really.

BUT....Running game is still lacking. Total for this game was 50 yards!

Until we see some stability in the running game and the O-line, every
game we have a chance to win will come down to the wire (SF, Seattle).

Have your cardiologist's number at hand!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Deadskins wrote:The players contacted, then fell apart. After the separation, the interception was made. The Skins' player got up and returned the ball for another 15 yards. no contact was made after the ball was intercepted. Ruling on the field was interception and return. But after the replay, the call was changed to interception but down by contact. not sure who intercepted the ball, but it wasn't Compton. It seems like every game we have a replay where the call is either overturned or upheld, incorrectly, based on the replay. I'm just sick of it. I'm surprised the Cousins' "fumble" TD wasn't upheld.

I disagree completely.

Our interceptor was CLEARLY down by contact.

The interception was a process that began while contact was being made. This was an easy call that was blown by the refs live and corrected with replay.

I do agree that many calls have me shaking my head and asking "Why have replay?" but not this one. As soon as it happened I swigged my beer and said "That'll come back."

It did and correctly so.

BTW - It was Fuller.

I was honestly a bit worried about the Doctson catch at the end. Looked like the nose of the football might have been on the ground. Close. Glad it was ruled complete on the field.

I think the balance of the calls went our way in this one.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:07 pm

I'm getting more and more excited for our defense and its potential. a stong defense wins games.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:35 pm

I love to see the whole team playing with intensity and not letting all the adversity get in the way ...

the defense and offense certainly stepped up their game last Sunday but IMO, the lack of a good/big RB is going to hurt us

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:23 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:The players contacted, then fell apart. After the separation, the interception was made. The Skins' player got up and returned the ball for another 15 yards. no contact was made after the ball was intercepted. Ruling on the field was interception and return. But after the replay, the call was changed to interception but down by contact. not sure who intercepted the ball, but it wasn't Compton. It seems like every game we have a replay where the call is either overturned or upheld, incorrectly, based on the replay. I'm just sick of it. I'm surprised the Cousins' "fumble" TD wasn't upheld.

I disagree completely.

Our interceptor was CLEARLY down by contact.

The interception was a process that began while contact was being made. This was an easy call that was blown by the refs live and corrected with replay.

I do agree that many calls have me shaking my head and asking "Why have replay?" but not this one.
As soon as it happened I swigged my beer and said "That'll come back."

It did and correctly so.

BTW - It was Fuller.

I was honestly a bit worried about the Doctson catch at the end. Looked like the nose of the football might have been on the ground. Close. Glad it was ruled complete on the field.

I think the balance of the calls went our way in this one.

I don't think the refs were out to get us, like they sometimes are, but you are totally incorrect about the down by contact thing. If the contact was made before the interception, then it doesn't apply as "down by contact." They never touched after the ball was caught. Dean Blandino said as much when he watched the replay. His only question was that from the one angle, it looked as if their feet may have touched after the catch. But from the other angle you could clearly see they did not. There was certainly not visual evidence to overturn the call on the field.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:49 pm

You are wrong Deadman - the clearly wrong call was correctly changed after replay review. Contact DID NOT have to be made AFTER the ball was secured.

This would be the relevant case from the Official NFL Rules Casebook:

A.R. 7.7 Second-and-10 on A30. Both eligible offensive A1 and defensive B1 leap in the air to catch a forward pass
and collide during a legal attempt to catch ball on the 50. A1 controls the pass and falls to the ground.
Ruling: Ball is dead at spot. A’s ball first-and-10 on the 50

You can say "But Fuller was B1" or some such thing but that is irrelevant.

[-(

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football