the Redskins - with 4 games to go ...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: the Redskins - with 4 games to go ...

Postby El Mexican » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Snout wrote: Personally I liked the team better when we had a boring run-first offense and were stronger on the defensive side of the ball. But that's just me.

Yep, I miss that philosophy. And this wasn't decades ago with Gibbs 1.0. We've had great success as a team when
the offense becomes rush-oriented:

- MartyBall, but just the last five-game stretch. Best Redskins team I've seen in the last 17 years, fundamentally speaking. Led by Stephen Davis.
- Some stretches with Gibbs 2.0, thanks to a heavy dose of Clinton Portis.
- A few games with Shanahann when Alfred Morris shined

That's it. Everything else has been pass-pass-pass. I've learned that our defense is not stout enough to
win a shoot-out. We need the run to cover for the many holes we have as a team.

Hog

Postby hitmandm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 pm

We will never be a good team with Skinny but still Fat Jay Gruden- the dumbest coach in the NFL- and our Pick Throwing Fake Franchise QB Captain Pick.

These guys always sucked and will always suck.

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 am

Gruden has shown he doesn't have what it takes. He'll get another try because of the injuries. I think Cousins will continue to pass his way into a much cheaper contract. If they both move-on, I won't care at all. Gruden's record at Washington is pretty bad, and I don't see it improving. The best thing he ever brought is now the HC for the Rams. Cousins is hardly irreplaceable.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am

... tank it awaaaaaay!!!! :mrgreen:

To h*** with playing to win, we need a low draft pick!

Traaaaaaaaaaashhhhhh it up fellaz!!! Trade in those 5 wins for losses and let's compete with the Browns!!!!!!

:?
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 & '17 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:... tank it awaaaaaay!!!! :mrgreen:

To h*** with playing to win, we need a low draft pick!

Traaaaaaaaaaashhhhhh it up fellaz!!! Trade in those 5 wins for losses and let's compete with the Browns!!!!!! :?

it's one thing to hope we have some success picking early in the draft - the teams that do well each season are those that make the lower round draft picks work also - anyone should do well with picks in the top 100 but the good franchises find good players in the rest of the draft

The Redskins record with Dan Snyder deciding who coaches and plays here is horrible - why do we think that might change now?
Redskins need to fire Bruce Allen, put together a good FO & get a new GM (maybe Doug Williams)
We have some good players and coaches - things could get better quickly here if we had better decision makers

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Given that about 25 Redskins become free-agents this off-season, given that the current team plays like the 1960 Redskins, this is about the bottom. What next?

- Kirk Cousins is a fine QB, best the team has had since Mark Rypien. Why should he stay? So the team will begin next season with same QB situation as Browns, Jets, Giants, etc, this season. Going back to 1960, it's like losing Eddie LeBaron and replacing The Little General with Ralph Guglielmi. (For those younger than CT and me, look them up. Like a nose-dive into the ground)

- The Redskins need some WRs, another TE. Need RB as good as Alfred Morris. Need an improved OL. Under Gruden, the team has not or cannot run. This defense cannot stop the run, so need help at DL/LB. The DB's can't cover.

- It's like trying to fill holes in a mesh, or worse. Maybe the entire team is a hole? How do you fix everything?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football