Signs that show this team never improves

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Signs that show this team never improves

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:16 pm

DEHog wrote:
riggofan wrote:
DEHog wrote:If Bowels gets released by the Jets I would take him over Gruden.

Solid. Bowles has definitely shown he knows how to go 5-11 with a rotating cast of subpar quarterbacks. Would be a good choice for where we're likely headed.

ROTFALMAO

With a team that was projected to go 0-16...I'm just ready for a defensive coach.

meh. He took a 10-6 team to consecutive 5 win seasons. Not sure why that would constitute any kind of upgrade for us. I'll suffer the bad clock management with a coach who has proven he knows what he's doing with quarterbacks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:16 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Just released my bowels. Will that help?

:D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:03 pm

under Dan Snyder's guidance and management this Redskins franchise will always win less than games than they should no matter how good the talent is or who is coaching - as riggofan points out, these past few seasons have been improvements over the previous seasons
this season we were expected to win 5/6 games, we could win 8 ... BUT, we should have won 2/3 more games - same for the season before

Agreed - we're very lucky to have had Gruden and Cousins ... BUT we're still not winning as many games as we should

Hopefully we have Gruden as HC next season (I doubt that Cousins is here) - with Snyder in charge of the FO, the results will be the same

all I'm hoping for is that Dan Snyder gets rid of Bruce Allen and brings in people to manage things without his 'help'
Nobody really expects the Redskins to do well and this is primarily due to the way the franchise is managed.
It's not the players or the coaches fault. It's time to clean house & change the losing culture here

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:47 pm

SkinsJock wrote:this season we were expected to win 5/6 games, we could win 8 ... BUT, we should have won 2/3 more games - same for the season before

Definitely some games that we could have won this season (Vikings, Chiefs) and at least one that we should have won (Saints).

Still, we've been one of the top two or three most injured teams in the league. Why would the expectation be that we should have won more games? We probably SHOULD have a similar record to the Giants. The Broncos SHOULD have beaten us last week. We lost our top two WRs in free agency and our biggest weapon, Jordan Reed, barely played at all this year. Like you said, the expectation by most people was 5 or 6 wins this season.

I don't know. Not many will appreciate it, and I don't know who exactly deserves the credit, but I still think the team overachieved this year given the circumstances.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:15 pm

sooo - we keep doing what we've been doing, we'll keep 'improving' and each season we'll end up being mediocre ...

I guess that's what you get when you have nobody in charge that knows what it takes to be better than mediocre
Nobody really expects the Redskins to do well and this is primarily due to the way the franchise is managed.
It's not the players or the coaches fault. It's time to clean house & change the losing culture here

Hog

Postby Bishop Hammer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:11 pm

The Skins have been rubbish for 20 years before Gruden got here, despite the carousel of coaches. The couple of playoffs years during that time is just two small fried shrimps out of a big platter of poop I gotta eat.

Gruden is a good coach who almost coach this year's squad to a non losing record with guys pulled off the streets. In some areas he trips himself up but what coach doesn't at times? If he goes the team will still be bad and ditto if Allen goes. The source of the ineptitude will still be here running the ship into an iceberg.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:27 pm

If the 2018 Redskins are no better than the Browns, then the organization is as bad as the 1959 Redskins.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:58 pm

aswas71788 wrote:I read all of the discontented posts by Redskins fans and wonder why the same history is repeated again and again. I have been a Redskins fan since 1945 and have seen the good, great and bad and the really bad (like now). I will continue to be a Redskins fan regardless of everything. In that period of time, only twice have the Redskins been great; Gibbs 1 and George Allen's tenure. Other than those times the Redskins have been listed as "other". The great times were when the Redskins had 2 things; a good coach and a good General Manager who could evaluate talent. Since Dan Synder took over, the selection of these two areas have been really bad. We had Vinnie and now Bruce. Both are yes men who spend their time kissing up to Snyder. Neither have been affective and have damaged the Redskins so badly that it will take years to correct the mess they have created. Cousin's will not repair that damage but could be a starting point. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Cousins fan but he is the best that is available for now. He is a good quarterback, far better that anyone else that is available. He has a tendency to throw that game changing interception. I don't expect overnight improvement but I am tired of the overnight failures.

=D> Well look I know I'm a little late here but this is brilliant... everything you said here is exactly how I see it. Granted, our initial decline was a year or two before Snyder got the team but he's beat it into the ground ever since.
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 & '17 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:27 pm

This franchise would improve in a short period if the FO staff, the coaching staff and the players all knew that Dan Snyder had stopped interfering with the FO and began letting the people in charge make all the decisions on who coaches and plays here

If those people would be allowed to do their jobs, things would get better here ....

however

can you imagine Dan Snyder letting someone else sign Cousins to the long term deal he deserves - not going to happen

can you imagine the FO making the decisions here that are necessary to lift this franchise back to respectability - not going to happen

I'm looking forward to whatever happens here the next few months but I do not expect much from the franchise until Dan Snyder stops interfering with and making decisions on who coaches and plays here

we do have a good QB & we do have a good HC but we could have that QB locked into a LTD & we could have a better HC, if not for Dan Snyder

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 am

I still have hope during the off season and beginning of the season.
I do however give up a lot sooner during the season now. Mostly due to injuries. I'd be much more optimistic if our best players weren't injured.

Our 1st pick stud, Josh Norman, Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff and some others I forget were injured.

It just shows that from the Owner down to the training staff there is something missing. Its been like this for a while.

Theres always something off. If our offense is good our defense sucks or vice versa. Early this season it appeared we had a solid defense and offense then injuries hit.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:11 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I still have hope during the off season and beginning of the season.
I do however give up a lot sooner during the season now. Mostly due to injuries. I'd be much more optimistic if our best players weren't injured.

Our 1st pick stud, Josh Norman, Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff and some others I forget were injured.

It just shows that from the Owner down to the training staff there is something missing. Its been like this for a while.

Theres always something off. If our offense is good our defense sucks or vice versa. Early this season it appeared we had a solid defense and offense then injuries hit.

Yo Hero:

You doin' alright with the wild fire thing out there?

Be safe.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017, 2018)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 pm

Yea bro. Those fires went out a couple weeks back.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football