Signs that show this team never improves

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Skins History Buff

Re: Signs that show this team never improves

Postby welch » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:23 pm

If only the Redskins could outsource ownership and management to Mara and Tisch. However, it seems that the team has asked premium season ticket holders how they feel about team management and this season.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/foo ... bba646183b

In survey, Redskins ask fans for their level of confidence in team’s executives

By Liz Clarke December 21 at 5:03 PM

The Washington Redskins’ front office generally declines to comment on the state of the team’s roster during the season. And Coach Jay Gruden conducts his self-evaluation and a review of the coaching staff at season’s end.

But that’s not stopping the Redskins from soliciting fans’ views — or, at least, the views of select season-ticket-holders — on its executives and on-field performance with two games remaining. They received an email from the Redskins in recent days accompanied by a survey gauging satisfaction with a range of issues, including the team’s executives and on-field performance. “Make your voice heard,” the survey said, with a deadline of this Friday, Dec. 22.

How satisfied are you with the direction the team is heading in (i.e. your long-term outlook, 2-3 years)?

Responses were solicited on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being “Not at all satisfied” and 10 being “Extremely satisfied.”

Thinking about the direction the team is heading, how satisfied are you with the following aspects:

- Confidence in team executives
- The team’s overall vision/strategy
- Team performance in 2017

(Responses were solicited on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being “Not at all satisfied” and 10 being “Extremely satisfied.”)

As compared to last season, how would you rate the …

- Communication from the team
- Direction the team is headed
- Sense that you are valued by the organization
- Customer service

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Hmmm. I think I know how Hogs Net members, all true fans, would answer the questions.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 pm

I read all of the discontented posts by Redskins fans and wonder why the same history is repeated again and again. I have been a Redskins fan since 1945 and have seen the good, great and bad and the really bad (like now). I will continue to be a Redskins fan regardless of everything. In that period of time, only twice have the Redskins been great; Gibbs 1 and George Allen's tenure. Other than those times the Redskins have been listed as "other". The great times were when the Redskins had 2 things; a good coach and a good General Manager who could evaluate talent. Since Dan Synder took over, the selection of these two areas have been really bad. We had Vinnie and now Bruce. Both are yes men who spend their time kissing up to Snyder. Neither have been affective and have damaged the Redskins so badly that it will take years to correct the mess they have created. Cousin's will not repair that damage but could be a starting point. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Cousins fan but he is the best that is available for now. He is a good quarterback, far better that anyone else that is available. He has a tendency to throw that game changing interception. I don't expect overnight improvement but I am tired of the overnight failures.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:26 pm

They must be insane to send that survey to season ticket holders. Not a Bruce Allen fan now? Imagine how the people who forked over a couple grand for season tix must feel about him.

Its always been the case that Snyder could get away with this shoddy front office, because 1) fans have remained so loyal and 2) he could still fire them up once in a while with an exciting hire or draft pick or whatever. Does anyone else feel like things have changed in that regard? Like enough people have grown tired of the bs and its hitting him where it hurts in the pocketbook? Or maybe the current state of the team is hurting his leverage on a new stadium?

Mood around here feels different right now. Maybe he'll have no choice but to finally fix that front office.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby oj » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Things are simpler for me, I believe any of our players could go to any other team and play successfully, neither Dan Snyder nor George Allen tells that player what and how to play. The only people that tell that player how to play is the coach. Therefor, I cannot blame the player or upper management.
Its the coaching, the head coach on down.
Molon Labe

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:34 pm

oj wrote:Things are simpler for me, I believe any of our players could go to any other team and play successfully, neither Dan Snyder nor George Allen tells that player what and how to play. The only people that tell that player how to play is the coach. Therefor, I cannot blame the player or upper management. Its the coaching, the head coach on down.
George Allen :shock:
sorry oj, I think you're missing the point - this franchise is dysfunctional with Dan Snyder as owner/manager of the FO - we've had a couple of really good HCs (Marty and Mike) and a lot of really good players PLUS Kirk Cousins - we don't have an owner that allows the FO to operate & manage like other franchises do - the results are evident and the franchise is looked at as a joke because of this

I agree that we'd be a lot better off without Jay Gruden but the real problem with this franchise is that the decisions on who coaches and plays here are primarily made by Dan Snyder & Bruce Allen - THIS needs to change, BIG TIME - Dan Snyder has tried to put a positive spin on all of his stupid decisions and the fans and the media are not going to be fooled anymore
this franchise needs to fire Bruce Allen and try to bring in the best personnel in the NFL + let them make all of the decisions on who works here

NO really good HC is going to want to work for this franchise given what has happened and I don't think anyone with any sense has much faith in Dan Snyder finding a future, really good HC - he doesn't have a clue about that stuff

I really do think that things can be turned around in a short time as long as Dan Snyder stops managing this franchise
Nobody really expects the Redskins to do well and this is primarily due to the way the franchise is managed.
It's not the players or the coaches fault. It's time to clean house & change the losing culture here

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:13 pm

The Nationals, Capitals, and Wizards are well-run organizations. Each season, Snyder seems to spit on employees, coaches, players, and us. It started when he "cleaned house" as soon as he bought the team. He hasn't changed. There's no reason to hope that he will change.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Shanahan was not a good hire. He was another one of Snyders splash hiring an over the hill player only this time it was the HC. Shanahan was fired in Denver because he was failing and couldn't' put together a competitive team. The Bronco's, in Shanahan's last couple years, were just like the Redskins under him. Mediocre.

Hog

Postby oj » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 am

I get the point, I see it different.
A real, honest to god, head coach would have told upper management to piss off and sell some tee shirts, to stay off the ground floor and don't speak football unless spoken to. Upper management needs to be put in their place - maybe Gruden has done that or maybe he hasn't. Either way the outcome is the same, it is the responsibiity of the head coach to win football games. If he lost games thru bad coaching or interferance from upper management makes no difference to us at all.
I am in business and a professional, when you contract me to make something for you I can tell you that I move haven and earth to accomplish the task you have given me, if you gte in my way I'll run right over the top of you. I expect no less from any other professional.
Molon Labe

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:39 pm

are you serious - as important as a good HC is there is no way that Dan Snyder is getting a good HC to work here with the current 'system'

as riggofan has pointed out - we are lucky to have as good a HC as we do - no good HC is going to want to work for this idiot
Nobody really expects the Redskins to do well and this is primarily due to the way the franchise is managed.
It's not the players or the coaches fault. It's time to clean house & change the losing culture here

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:36 am

I just think the disrespect towards Gruden is completely misguided. With a win this weekend, the team will have had three consecutive non-losing seasons for the first time in twenty five years. I know we all want more than just 8-8 seasons, I totally understand and respect that opinion. But I also will never forget how terrible this team has been during some of those years. Some of those RG3 years, we fielded the most embarrassing football teams I've ever seen.

I would also add for Gruden to go 8-8 this year given the insane injury situation is something for which he should be given credit. We have something like the second most salary on injured reserve right now.
http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/red ... ed-reserve
Teams like the Packers, Dolphins or Cardinals also have a lot of money on the IR, but that stems from quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Tannehill and Carson Palmer getting injured while making a ton of cash. Rodgers, for example, makes $20 million alone this season. All 15 players on Washington's injured reserve combined just make more than QB Kirk Cousins at $24 million.

Those numbers were before Trent and Jordan Reed went on IR too. Add another $21m there.

Obviously all teams deal with injuries, but compare how some of those teams have fared vs. what Gruden has done this year in a f'd up situation. Sorry, but that is coaching.

The expectation of some fans that Gruden should be pulling guys off the street on Fridays to start at RB and be making a deep playoff run is ludicrous.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:41 am

I still don't like Gruden's ability to manage a game, I think he cost us a opportunity to win two games this year with his clock management.
If Bowels gets released by the Jets I would take him over Gruden.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:46 am

DEHog wrote:If Bowels gets released by the Jets I would take him over Gruden.

Solid. Bowles has definitely shown he knows how to go 5-11 with a rotating cast of subpar quarterbacks. Would be a good choice for where we're likely headed.

ROTFALMAO

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:05 pm

riggofan wrote:
DEHog wrote:If Bowels gets released by the Jets I would take him over Gruden.

Solid. Bowles has definitely shown he knows how to go 5-11 with a rotating cast of subpar quarterbacks. Would be a good choice for where we're likely headed.

ROTFALMAO

With a team that was projected to go 0-16...I'm just ready for a defensive coach.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:31 pm

DEHog wrote:If Bowels gets released by the Jets ...

Just released my bowels. Will that help?

:mrgreen:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017, 2018)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football