Alex Smith traded to Washington

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Re: Alex Smith traded to Washington

Postby DEHog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:07 am

Their not taking a QB in the first round. Smith would ask for a trade the second they do. One of the main reason Smith is here is because the Skins gave ham a 5 year contract. Smith will have to play his way out of it, then the Skins would draft a QB.
Last edited by DEHog on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am

"throws hands back" - That is entirely up to you
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 am

I want Le’Veon Bell and Jarvis Landry.

If we can get those two players, we will be a force on offense even with Alex Smith. I don't see him doing jack spit with the "weapons" we have here right now. "Weapons", more like bb guns and plastic swords.

I have faith in our offensive line, not so much the depth but they did play well together being thrown into the fire.

With them I'd put us at 8-8 or dare I say 9-7 (I have the right to say we'll be undefeated during the beginning of the season :mrgreen: ), as we are now I'd say 4-12, maybe 5-11 if we're dumb enough to win another game messing up our shot at a good super early pick. Don't forget, we'll be battling with the Browns :roll:
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 & '17 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I want Le’Veon Bell and Jarvis Landry.

If we can get those two players, we will be a force on offense even with Alex Smith. I don't see him doing jack spit with the "weapons" we have here right now. "Weapons", more like bb guns and plastic swords.

I have faith in our offensive line, not so much the depth but they did play well together being thrown into the fire.

With them I'd put us at 8-8 or dare I say 9-7 (I have the right to say we'll be undefeated during the beginning of the season :mrgreen: ), as we are now I'd say 4-12, maybe 5-11 if we're dumb enough to win another game messing up our shot at a good super early pick. Don't forget, we'll be battling with the Browns :roll:

Until the OL line has some sort of depth, it won't matter who we bring in at RB.

That should be no. 1 priority, but of course our FO will draft "the best player available".

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:13 pm

just a shame that the Redskins/Snyder can't look at what has happened, hire the right people to manage things and let them do their jobs

we're not getting better here until we start running this franchise properly
Hopefully 2018 is the end of the frustration we have had here since 1999 - 'we'll be better next year' SUCKS - we have added some good young players - we need to change the losing culture of the past 5 seasons - our record of 31-48 is horrible

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:40 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I want Le’Veon Bell and Jarvis Landry.

Yo tambien.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017, 2018)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:10 pm

Not saying it's likely but it has happened:

Cassel is traded to Chiefs
He, Vrabel dealt for 2d-rounder
By Christopher L. Gasper
Globe Staff / March 1, 2009

The Kansas City Chiefs changed the course of Matt Cassel's career by injuring Patriots franchise quarterback Tom Brady in the 2008 season opener, and now the Patriots have sent the franchise-tagged Cassel to Kansas City to be the Chiefs' franchise quarterback.

Striking a deal with former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli, the Patriots traded Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel to Kansas City in exchange for the Chiefs' second-round pick (the 34th overall selection) in April's NFL draft.

"I have a long history with both players," Pioli, Kansas City's general manager, said in a statement yesterday. "Mike and Matt are men that I respect both personally and professionally. I look forward to having them as new members of the Chiefs family."

Details of the deal began to leak Friday, when Vrabel confirmed an NFL Network report that he had been traded to the Chiefs. It turned out that was just part of a larger trade between Bill Belichick and his former Patriots team-building partner that helped New England clear cap space and clear up any doubt as to its starting quarterback in 2009.

The Patriots put themselves in position to capitalize on Cassel's Cinderella season when they used the franchise tag on him Feb. 5, guaranteeing Cassel a one-year contract at $14.65 million.

The move prevented Cassel from becoming an unrestricted free agent, but it left the Patriots with $29.27 million of the $127 million salary cap committed to Cassel and Brady, virtually ensuring a trade.

Pioli had competition for Cassel from former Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, now coach of the Denver Broncos.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:56 pm

want to have a friendly wager? Dan & Bruce are really dumb but they're not that stupid :roll:
Hopefully 2018 is the end of the frustration we have had here since 1999 - 'we'll be better next year' SUCKS - we have added some good young players - we need to change the losing culture of the past 5 seasons - our record of 31-48 is horrible

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:33 am

SkinsJock wrote:want to have a friendly wager? Dan & Bruce are really dumb but they're not that stupid :roll:

No wager but you sound backwards. They would be geniuses if they pulled off a tag and trade.

How about Cousins to Denver for Talib? He'd replace Fuller and it would solve Denver's QB and cap issues. And Kirk would LOVE to play there.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:57 pm

this is summary by Joel Curry (a former player agent) ....
The Redskins going the franchise-tag route in an effort to gain more than the expected 2019 third-round compensatory pick for Cousins leaving in free agency may work better in theory than in practice. It seems like a risky proposition where too many things can potentially go wrong. If Cousins didn't win a grievance invalidating the franchise designation, he could still sabotage the trade process by being uncooperative. An unintended consequence of a third franchise tag could be that the agent community will become reluctant to have their free-agent clients sign with the Redskins when their offers are relatively equal to those of other teams because of Cousins' treatment. I know I would be making a mental note of the Cousins saga if I still represented players

maybe they are geniuses ... ROTFALMAO

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:04 pm

I heard Captain Kirk if he is willing to relocate could be looking at making a serious payday, believe it was in the $150 million price range according to Yahoo sport's which would make him the highest paid QB in NFL history

thoughts?
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:09 pm

SkinsJock wrote:this is summary by Joel Curry (a former player agent) ....
The Redskins going the franchise-tag route in an effort to gain more than the expected 2019 third-round compensatory pick for Cousins leaving in free agency may work better in theory than in practice. It seems like a risky proposition where too many things can potentially go wrong. If Cousins didn't win a grievance invalidating the franchise designation, he could still sabotage the trade process by being uncooperative. An unintended consequence of a third franchise tag could be that the agent community will become reluctant to have their free-agent clients sign with the Redskins when their offers are relatively equal to those of other teams because of Cousins' treatment. I know I would be making a mental note of the Cousins saga if I still represented players

maybe they are geniuses ... ROTFALMAO

Like I said - not likely but it has happened before. And they certainly wouldn’t be idiots if they pulled off a tag and trade.

I also do not think we have treated him badly at all because after all we have paid him $44 million in the last two years and he is likely to hit the open market and get a gigantic contract.

The main reason someone would not want to come here is not because we have treated anyone badly but because we are not very good.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:01 pm

the MAIN reason not to come and play here is because of this FO and their stupidity - you just can't fix stupid

getting rid of Bruce Allen would be a good start ... HOWEVER, until Dan Snyder stops making stupid decisions nothing will change

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:54 pm

See Boswell's column in the Post which, mostly, discusses the Nats handling of Bryce Harper: treat the player properly from the beginning, coach him, provide players who can mentor him, prepare to replace him ig necessary (Adam Easton, Michael A. Taylor, Victor Robles, Goodwin). If Harper signs, great. If not, use the money to fill in other positions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/n ... 1d56c30856

Boswell compares the Nationals organization to the Redskins.

Most importantly, they haven’t done it cynically, just to improve the odds that they can sign Harper after this season. The Nats treat everybody that way. They figure, in the long run, even if Jordan Zimmermann, Ian Desmond and probably Harper ultimately turn down astronomical nine-figure contracts and leave Washington as free agents, there will be other players — such as Stephen Strasburg — for whom Nationals Park and the Nats’ ways come to feel like the best possible home.

In fact, the Nats always operate on a dual track. As soon as a player, no matter how much the team loves him, shows signs that he may leave, they start to replace him. Repeatedly, the Nats have put themselves in a position where they genuinely don’t care, or at least don’t care deeply, whether a star stays or goes. Yet they still find ways not to close doors or hurt feelings. It’s hard to act decent but not impossible.

A little later, Boswell comments

Frankly, it’s amazing to watch the Nats’ ability to “stay classy,” especially in a town where the NFL team completely alienated its most valuable asset, quarterback Kirk Cousins. As of Tuesday, Cousins could be franchise tagged for a third time if the team is spiteful and petty enough to take that track.

If the Redskins treat Cousins as if he were 208 pounds of raw meat, it would simply be consistent with how they’ve treated coaches, general managers, public-relations directors, players and the fans, whom they gouge at every opportunity: What’s in it for us? And be sure to cover your back.

Echoing the former agent,

In pro sports, the organizations that try to treat people correctly, that put themselves in the players’ shoes and respect their decisions, generally reap the rewards of the good reputation they develop. When Scherzer had to decide where he may play for the rest of his career and which hat he will probably wear into the Hall of Fame, he picked the Nationals.

Meanwhile, I'm watching the Redskins / Cowboys NFC Championship before SB 17. Jack Kent Cooke seems to have been a hard-hearted and cheep billionaire, but take a look at the Redskin sideline. Look at the Hogs and look at the defense. There has to be a reason that Bostic and Jacoby started in SB 26, that Manley, Butz, and Grant started on the DL in SB 22, that the Coleman, Olkewicz, and Milot (and probably Mel Kauffman) started at LB.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 am

SkinsJock wrote:the MAIN reason not to come and play here is because of this FO and their stupidity - you just can't fix stupid ...

In other words, we suck.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football