cowpukes still suck and the g-strings are weak

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
... deep in TX

cowpukes still suck and the g-strings are weak

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:13 am

what a game!

One things for sure....how many of us have seen the freakin' cowpukes good fortune over the past 30 years....it makes me sick....a phantom pass interference call here, a fluke play there, a kicker kicking outta his mind...I can't stand it.

I know we're playing the g-strings next week and the loss is good for the g-strings falling confidence and our divisional standings, but I'll be damned if I enjoyed any part of last nights game....except maybe with 11 seconds left when most of us thought the g-strings has iced it.

More to Puscells legacy and confidence to a scary, up and coming (Carter will get better and can play well...obviously Puscells has seen that...as we did last night), cowpuke team, IMO.

Did anyone notice how well Carter threw a wet football? I hate that. Collins couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when it was raining. Also, how many crossing patterns were run by the cowpukes? The g-strings safties outta be embarrassed for not lighting up one or all of the boy receivers. There was no fear over the middle. Hopefully Bowen, Terrell and Ohalete can change that and light up some cowpuss receivers.....particularly Bryant and Glenn.

With Puscells leadership and coachmanship...ie. managing the clock, and a pretty good group of receivers, and a decent defense...particularly their secondary....they're going to give people problems all year.

I'm not scared, but feel that we (the Skins) haven't done anything unless we beat these assholes...hopefully twice this season and for every season to come. I know that's not reasonable, but I can dream can't I?

Lastly, hopefully Spurrier is realizing the importance of clock management, time outs and discipline in the NFL. One stupid penalty or bad decision costs you the game and in some cases a season.

Gimme so feed back here, please! I'm pissed!!!
Later

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:37 am

The plusses of NYG losing far outweigh the minuses of DAL winning.

A win next week opens leads of 2 games over NYG and 2.5 over PHI.

That's the bottom line.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:27 am

I agree with your "bottom line", but will never enjoy, hope for, or relish in a cowpuke win....regardless of the opponent or the divisional race advantage. I don't care if it means a divisional title or a playoff birth....never would I want an advantage if it is a product of a cowpuke win.....period.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:51 am

I hate the cowgirls as much as anyone, probably a lot more than most...

... but their win last night was a huge bonus for our division hopes. As RF said, we can open up a spread but maybe more importantly, I think we go into this week even more ready because of the early 'division ramifications'. A win would be huge for our playoff hopes.

Not only did the Eagles lose 2 games, they lost 2 HOME games. That's huge too.

IMO, maybe the best by-product of the Eagles/Giants losses are the boost in Redskins' confidence that we can win those games.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:04 pm

I would hope we were already confident enough to realize we can beat anyone in the league. If not, something's wrong and someone's ie. SS isn't doing their job.

The cowpukes win puts them just one game behind us and gives them the confidence they needed. Philly and NY don't scare me as much as the cowpukes do, considering our inability to beat them recently. So what if NY crushed the Rams...they suck....and McNabb is struggling and the eagles have more problems than we can count.

Please tell me I'm wrong here.....but if the cowpukes come away winning the division or beat us once or twice this year and have a better record or go further than us, won't we look back on last night's game and wish the g-string had pulled it out?

Like I said....I can't bring myself to root for anyone other than dallas' opponent and was disappointed in last night's outcome......please tell me my hatred for the cowpukes has overtaken my love for my Skins.
We'll miss you, Joe.

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:23 pm

Hey Texas, I share your passion for the *sh$t* Dall-ass punks. However, as you noted in your first post, just as Spurrier needs to manage the clock and beat teams with game clock strategy, then we too need to employ some effective "clock" strategy.

Bottom line, had the G-strings had a better O-line (they started three freak'in rookies) then I beleive the outcome would have been different. Which is to say, that Dall-ass played beyond their potential and rattled Collins and the RB's early in the game to set the tone.

This wont, and should not happen against the Skins. So, bottom line, since we play the G-strings next(and they are probably questioning themselves at this time) for momentum sakes it's best that Dall-ass handed them their heads last night.

Just some thougts from So. Cal.
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:42 pm

I sure hope the g-strings don't have the capability to patch up that weak o-line. The cowpukes sure made their o-line look sad last night.
We'll miss you, Joe.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:31 pm

I would hope we were already confident enough to realize we can beat anyone in the league. If not, something's wrong and someone's ie. SS isn't doing their job.

You know what? I totally agree with this. I think the Skins CAN beat any team in the league.....however.....we're still just lookin' at 2 games here. Both wins against teams with fallen #1 QBs.

The Jets win was certainly satisfying because, well, it was the Jets.

The Falcons win was most excellent because it showed the Skins had a ton of heart coming back from a 0-17 deficit.

Both games, however, were a little too close for my taste.

How the Skins handle the upcoming (very tough) schedule will say A LOT about this team.

Here's what I'm thinkin':

If we can find a way to beat the G-strings and Eagles (while they're down), assuming we lose to the Patsies, Bucs and Bills, we'll still be 4-3 going into our bye week. Considering our very tough early schedule...that, IMHO, would be most excellent.

Like I said, though, the Skins can potentially beat anyone...and if we can start out at (at least) 4-3, I think we just may have a bright future ahead of us!

Just my My 2 cents
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

swine

Postby learnnew » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:22 pm

last night's game became a joke near the end! no worry texas hog, pukes and g-strings both showed that they have a very, very difficult time finishing games. skinsfaninroanoke and i were laughing our a**es off seeing how the fourth qtr played out.

now pukes do have a much easier schedule than us before they play us in november. they play @ jets, cards, eagles, @ lions, @ bucs before facing us. they probably can win 2-3 out of 5, though i wish they win none. but considering how ramsey is young and our offense still needs to gel, we're going to be much better off with the tough schedule that we have. i don't see why we can't beat pukes twice.

as long as our special teams are playing decently, we should be able to be at least 10-6 by the end. i've been sayinng this from the beginning. we're GOOD. pukes are BAD who just had a good day. oh boy they sure as hell had enough motivation to play the way they did. i don't see them getting much better than this, not this season. on the other hand, we are only beginning to realize what we CAN do.

let see how it all plays out.
HTTR
Go Skins! For 10-6 or higher!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:07 pm

thanks for the responses...venting I agree with everything you said and hope you're right

you too learnnew
We'll miss you, Joe.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:35 pm

i think a lot of people are headed into this next game with high hopes. i picked nyg to win the east this year before the season started, and i'm stickin with it for now. i'm worried about this next game. one of my best friends is a giants fan, so i follow them to be able to talk smack. but i see a team that beat us twice last year, we are the ones that have something to prove here. i still think it comes down to who plays the "cleanest" football. not saying i don't think we have a chance, but, i still think we've got our work cut out for us.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:45 pm

Without a doubt- we are the ones with something to prove - and I think we can. If we sabotage ourselves or ALLOW the other team to throw that monkey wrench into our works, nothing we have done in the off season will make a rats butt worth of difference. We have been good enough to overcome the turnovers in the first game, and good enough to create turnovers in the second game. Now we need to create 'em without surrendering them, and quit taking the daggone yardage away from the people who are earning the yards, daggone it. The idea that a back gets hammered several times in a game for no use just makes me grind my freakin teeth. A WR making a great catch, hanging on to the ball through a thunderous hit only to surrender 15 yards to a taunting call makes me shatter the windows with a scream of frustration.

Most of the penalities are dumb - offsides and false starts are just plain damn annoying and when you have 7 or 8 of em, that just is ridiculous. I was just stunned when Jansen didn't have his traditional hold on a TD throw. I kept looking for the flags though.

We can go 10-6 or better with the talent level we have and are exhibiting, but if we keep playing with the mistakes, a team like Buff, NE, Philly or NY is gonna eat our lunch.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:55 pm

regardless of the talent to bring us back, it'll be the needless flags and turnovers that make us or break us this year.
THN's resident jerk.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:56 pm

AND SPECIAL TEAMS....................... how the hell could i forget that :?:
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:56 pm

Amen to that one Reverend HailSkins :)

The system works if we work it, but boy does it go sour if the cogs don't work together right, eh?
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football