Someone stuck up for us!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~

Someone stuck up for us!

Postby ANT7088 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:06 pm

Did anyone hear (I think on NFL live) everyone is starting to ask why all these jerkoffs are rippng the Skins. Its about time someone stuck up for us. I think teams like Pittsburgh, Oakland and San Diego are in worse shape. I'm glad Spurrier ended the rumors (I was starting to believe them myself), he's staying, and I'll tell you one more thing, Snyder IS NOT going to sell the team (would you?). So we all better get used to him, we just have to hope he gets smarter. I was losing confidence in us, but we won those three games for a reason. We stuck together and fought! With a 3-5 record we are not done just yet, we beat ourselves in every game we lost this season, we hung in with the "Superbowl Champs" for a while and mostly everyone else we played. Anyway, even if our record is 3-13 this year, I'm not insulting this team anymore, I'm gonna look foward to the draft next year when all we have to do is fix obvious problems. Every team that is good right now has had the same QB, RB & WR for more than just 9 games. Everyones big ? for us this season was "With all these new players, how long will it take for them to build chemisty?", the answer is more than 9 games!!!!! I'll tell you one more thing, once in a blue moon when this team does click, we look scary. Even if I'm alone, I'm staying positive. LETS GO SKINS!

swine

Postby skinsNut » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:47 pm

I'm gonna look foward to the draft next year when all we have to do is fix obvious problems.

But we haven't addressed the need in the last 2 years, why believe we will next time?

We never draft for need... always best talent... which a lot of people think is the way to go.

In the Redskins case, that means that we have ignored our defensive line needs 2 consecutive drafts to draft what we thought were the best 2 available athletes -- Betts and Jacobs.

These guys may end up being great picks one day... but in the age of FA... who knows where they'll even be?

And the Redskins still need d-line help now for the 3rd draft in a row. That's without even getting me started on the fact that LAST year's crop of DTs was so phenomenal.
Hail to the Redskins

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:21 pm

I also said "Snyder has to be smart" which includes stops wasting draft pick. I'm staying positive

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:47 pm

Great point skinsnut. Free agency is only allowing most top drafts to stay with their respective teams for only 3 to 5 years... then their gone!

At key positions, the Skins are set. In this upcomming draft, why not draft based on need...and keep some of the money for re-signing the players that have been with us for a few years now, i.e., Arrington, Bailey, et al.

With respect to Snyder. I'm still on the fence as to the positives and negatives of his ownership. IMO I believe that he can have some serious imput into this team, however, he needs to bring in A GOOD AND PROVEN GM and dump VC.

I know the "new GM" will want more autonomy and authority than is currently preceived in DC, and Snyder should give it to him. And maybe with time Snyder can find the approriate mix of intervention and general oversight.

I believe Dan will ultimately pull a Jerry Jones and figure that he'll have to either bring in an accomplished NFL coach, or a solid GM to completely run things. We have a good coach, just need the GM.
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football