Mock 2008 draft

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Mock 2008 draft

Postby por-tiz2skins » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:08 am

We release :

Springs
Daniels
Brunell
Cartwright
Collins
Pralou
Frost
B.Lloyd
Cardwell
Griffin
Jansen

FA signing:
Javon Walker(WR)
Ken Hamlin(SS)

21st pick.

1 round:21st

Derrick Harvey(DE) Florida Gator: Our pass rush was actually pretty good,and Andre Carter seems to be getting use to the 4-3 alot more now.But Carter has been doubled team and has been inconsistent at times.We need a pass rushing ,run stopping,play maker like Harvey.He very well,will give Carter a great complement.

2nd round:21 pick

Brandon Flowers (CB)Virginia Tech

May come to a surprise in why at this point we signed Walker(which is still awesome) and we would of consider a WR like Lima or Hall or some one.But in reality Rogers isn't ready.Smoots back but is getting old now.And Springs is gone.We well finally for sure have a CB like Flowers(who looked alot better than Rogers in collage) to come to us.Hard hitting -press covering-Shut down CB is what we need.

3rd round.

Chad Rinheart (RT) Nothern Iowa:

The OL is getting older,and Heyer might not step up in the place for Jansen.But at this point well have a good run blocker like Heart to help Bugle line.

4th round-Traded for Duckett

5th round.:

Marcus Monk (WR) Arkansas 6'6
:Might of signed Walker to complament as our best WR,but in reality we can't let a WR like this at 6'6 with good hands just go like that.He'll be the best one available by 5th round and late rounding WR's these days turns out to be big time Wide outs *Example* Goldston.

6th Round:

Mike DragoVich-P(North Dakota State)
:Its sad to see Frost go but he wasn't the greatest out there.So with no more needs we would use this pick to get the best available punter out there,and should do better than what Frost has.

7th round:

Henery Smith(DT)Texas A&M.

-Griffin is gone but remember Goldston and Mongomry has improved and are suppose to be starting next year.But they where both late rounders and skins well develope the young line with a problem DT than can pass rush.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:44 am

Marcus Monk (WR) Arkansas 6'6
:Might of signed Walker to complament as our best WR,but in reality we can't let a WR like this at 6'6 with good hands just go like that.He'll be the best one available by 5th round and late rounding WR's these days turns out to be big time Wide outs *Example* Goldston.

Even with his knee problems I can't see him falling all the way to the 5th round.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Return to General Manager's Office