If not Chad than maybe Roy Williams (WR) ?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

If not Chad than maybe Roy Williams (WR) ?

Postby por-tiz2skins » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:59 pm

ooth Newspapers' Tom Kowalski reports the Lions will have to be "overwhelmed" by a trade offer to part ways with Roy Williams.
Kowalski says Williams is on the block and that the Lions will certainly entertain offers, but they want to get one more year out of him. Williams is still expected to leave Detroit as an unrestricted free agenct next offseason.

Lions coach Rod Marinelli expects Roy Williams to be on the team and "have a big year" in 2008.
The Lions fell apart down the stretch in '07, but talk of them parting ways with arguably their two best players (Williams and Shaun Rogers) seems a bit hasty. Both players' contracts are also relatively cap friendly in 2008.

OK guys,since we dont want the "DIVA" Chad Johnson than how about a old fashion play maker who is turning 26 with alot of character.He knows the WCO pretty well and we need that.

PS:Remember this now that Zorn is our HC,well be looking to get Hackett in here.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:34 pm

Roy Williams is a freaking beast
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:35 pm

andyjens89 wrote:Roy Williams is a freaking beast
Hes what we need.I see Chad today and I think he'll chew JC a lil to much at this point.Roy well keep his mouth shut and make good locker room character.Thats what we need.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#

-Clinton Portis

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:38 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:
Hes what we need.I see Chad today and I think he'll chew JC a lil to much at this point.Roy well keep his mouth shut and make good locker room character.Thats what we need.

It's true! Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:20 am

Countertrey wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:

It's true! Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day!
OK WOW LOL k guys gotta watch this video of Roy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0IGAGJvgc4wh ... php?t=6951

lol ok Danny please get him.We all can agree on Roy.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#

-Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:32 am

The only thing you're missing here is that, according to your link, the Lions will have to be "overwhelmed" by any trade offer for Williams at this point.

What do you propose the Redskins offer the Lions for Williams, keeping in mind that this must be "an offer they can't refuse" and as such would need to include a combination of quality young players and high draft picks. Also keep in mind the 'Skins salary cap situation and how that would affect trade options and Williams' salary as a 'Skin....

In short, this is yet ANOTHER fantasy football acquisition that could never happen in real life...
To minimize the number of threads, why don't you just create one thread that proposes that the 'Skins obtain every player on both Pro Bowl rosters?
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:05 am

absinthe1023 wrote:The only thing you're missing here is that, according to your link, the Lions will have to be "overwhelmed" by any trade offer for Williams at this point.

What do you propose the Redskins offer the Lions for Williams, keeping in mind that this must be "an offer they can't refuse" and as such would need to include a combination of quality young players and high draft picks. Also keep in mind the 'Skins salary cap situation and how that would affect trade options and Williams' salary as a 'Skin....

In short, this is yet ANOTHER fantasy football acquisition that could never happen in real life...
To minimize the number of threads, why don't you just create one thread that proposes that the 'Skins obtain every player on both Pro Bowl rosters?
Ill give a trade like this.

Betts
3rdd round pick
Lloyd

for

Roy(and some cap space for us)

We dont need Betts really because,we can get RB's like Jullious Jones or Kevin Jones or even draft one in the 5th.

But the trade I made is being me being an homer.We can only dream.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#

-Clinton Portis

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:23 am

I suppose they would ask for a 1st or second round draft pick. Roy Williams did go in the first round and he has been fairly productive. He is yet to have a break out season for his talent.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:27 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I suppose they would ask for a 1st or second round draft pick. Roy Williams did go in the first round and he has been fairly productive. He is yet to have a break out season for his talent.

Ahem.....

He plays for the LIONS

Everyone sucks on the Lions! Imagine if Barry Sanders was on a good team!
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am

If by "overwhelmed" they mean a 6th round pick, then I am in.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:34 pm

i'd give up lloyd and a 2nd for him...some have us taking a big WR in the first round...this way we get a good DE in the 1st round and roy williams in the 2nd. losing lloyd doesn't hurt us at all

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Why do so many think that ANYONE would want Lloyd in a trade?????? What are you people thinking? Does Detroit owe us something? :roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:43 pm

Countertrey wrote:Why do so many think that ANYONE would want Lloyd in a trade?????? What are you people thinking? Does Detroit owe us something? :roll:

because we did...and it's detroit. why wouldn't they if a 2nd round pick is included? :roll: :roll:

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Why do so many think that ANYONE would want Lloyd in a trade?????? What are you people thinking? Does Detroit owe us something? :roll:

because we did...and it's detroit. why wouldn't they if a 2nd round pick is included? :roll: :roll:

Why would Detroit trade Roy Williams for anything other than a 1st round pick? He is very young and already one of the best receivers in the NFL. As for Lloyd, he has ZERO trade value.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:30 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:As for Lloyd, he has ZERO trade value.

We could probably trade him for Charles Rogers or Mike Williams
XVII XXII XXVI

Return to General Manager's Office