DJ Hackett to the Redskins???

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:52 pm

LOL@David P... I say we sign him, I mean he's never been here before so he doesn't know how things are.

Oh, yes Johnny, we did didn't we?.. Worked out well huh?

#-o

piggie

Postby CcHhDd » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:27 am

if you have any doubts about signing dj hacket watch the seattle playoff game. He tore us up. He's a good receiver...above average size.. the only downfall he has is a history of injury. But same can be said for santana and we all love him around here. Oh yea.. and he won't be that expensive either.

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:27 pm

CcHhDd wrote:if you have any doubts about signing dj hacket watch the seattle playoff game. He tore us up. He's a good receiver...above average size.. the only downfall he has is a history of injury. But same can be said for santana and we all love him around here. Oh yea.. and he won't be that expensive either.

so the only down side is that we might pay for a guy who will not get on the field because he is injury prone? i want none of that. we were ripped apart by injuries last season. i want none of it.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:13 pm

CcHhDd wrote:if you have any doubts about signing dj hacket watch the seattle playoff game. He tore us up. He's a good receiver...above average size.. the only downfall he has is a history of injury. But same can be said for santana and we all love him around here. Oh yea.. and he won't be that expensive either.

That's great. But what do you do when he is missing large chunks of the season because of another one of his injuries. He has missed over 30 games in just 4 years in the NFL. That is an incredible amount of games missed. We don't need someone that is so injury prone.
Suck and Luck

Postby yupchagee » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:46 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

That's great. But what do you do when he is missing large chunks of the season because of another one of his injuries. He has missed over 30 games in just 4 years in the NFL. That is an incredible amount of games missed. We don't need someone that is so injury prone.

Right. That's almost 1/2 of the games.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

piggie

Postby CcHhDd » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:13 pm

so should we get rid of santana moss too? He's missed quite a few games for us as well. No. He's talented. Its football..people get hurt. He's got a lot of upside and won't be expensive. Please offer up some other suggestions as to who we should get. The draft is a crapshoot and this year there aren't many top line free agent WRs. Bernard Berrian is the top free agent WR for christs sake. Go back and watch our playoff game and then tell me you don't want hacket. He scored more td's than tana and randel el last year and had more 100 yard games. That alone should get him a contract. Then add in the fact he played only half the year and did that. Sign him up

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:41 pm

CcHhDd wrote:so should we get rid of santana moss too? He's missed quite a few games for us as well. No. He's talented. Its football..people get hurt. He's got a lot of upside and won't be expensive. Please offer up some other suggestions as to who we should get. The draft is a crapshoot and this year there aren't many top line free agent WRs. Bernard Berrian is the top free agent WR for christs sake. Go back and watch our playoff game and then tell me you don't want hacket. He scored more td's than tana and randel el last year and had more 100 yard games. That alone should get him a contract. Then add in the fact he played only half the year and did that. Sign him up

Seriously?? Moss has missed 4 games in his 3 years with the Skins. Hackett has missed 10 times that many games in his 4 year career. As for who else to get, Bryan Johnson is available as a free agent. Roy Williams is being shopped for a second round pick supposedly. But there isn't even a need to go through free agency because we can just use the draft. I know that drafting and developing our own players is a foreign and novel concept, but there are several very good receivers such as Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, and James Hardy that fit the bill for what we need.
Suck and Luck

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:45 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Roy Williams is being shopped for a second round pick supposedly.

Seriously? That's a no-brainer, really.
But there isn't even a need to go through free agency because we can just use the draft. I know that drafting and developing our own players is a foreign and novel concept, but there are several very good receivers such as Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, and James Hardy that fit the bill for what we need.

Even though I want us to keep our draft picks, if we're lucky a first round pick spent on one of those WRs might have a career as good as Roy's. Not sure I'd trade a first rounder for him, that being said.

If we can get a DT/DE 1st round, and Roy Williams with the 2nd round, that's imho a very successful draft.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:59 pm

Hackett resigned 5yrs with Seattle....
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:13 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:Hackett resigned 5yrs with Seattle....

Really? Good, I'm actually glad. That may mean they'll look to the draft for a WR.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:

Really? Good, I'm actually glad. That may mean they'll look to the draft for a WR.

Me too. No doubt about it, Hackett is a very talented guy. But we simply don't need a player that can't stay healthy and contribute on the field. I hope that we draft a receiver (I think I've now mentioned Sweed and Kelly in just about every thread), but I also wouldn't mind seeing us make a run at Bryant Johnson provided he comes at a reasonable price.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Do you have a link?
XVII XXII XXVI

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Are you sure about that? I haven't been able to find anything about Hackett re-signing. The Seahawks did sign TJ Duckett to a 5 year deal yesterday; could you have gotten the two players mixed up?
Last edited by CanesSkins26 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suck and Luck

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:39 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Are you sure about that? I haven't been able to find anything about Hackett resigning. The Seahawks did sign TJ Duckett to a 5 year deal yesterday; could you have gotten the two players mixed up?

I haven't seen it anywhere either, also haven't heard anything about Bryant other than what comes from him or his agent
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:20 am

I should have linked it. I KNOW that's what I read, but I can't find it. Maybe it was put out and rescinded, who knows.... that's what I get for not linking it....
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to General Manager's Office