OL situation frustrating

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
B-rad

OL situation frustrating

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:09 pm

There are some good O-linemen in FA who aren't entirely old (Jake Scott, Max Starks) but its such a catch-22 because the o-line is good when healthy but that is never the case. I mean if they wanted to infuse some serious competition i guess thats ok but people who sign here are going to want to be guaranteed a spot. I mean i guess we could draft one but i personally would not prefer it anywhere before round 3. I guess we could at least get a decent guard in the third.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Re: OL situation frustrating

Postby yupchagee » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:57 am

brad7686 wrote:There are some good O-linemen in FA who aren't entirely old (Jake Scott, Max Starks) but its such a catch-22 because the o-line is good when healthy but that is never the case. I mean if they wanted to infuse some serious competition i guess thats ok but people who sign here are going to want to be guaranteed a spot. I mean i guess we could draft one but i personally would not prefer it anywhere before round 3. I guess we could at least get a decent guard in the third.

Based on what I've read, most of the guards will still be available in the 3rd rnd. We are in much better shape at OT than we are at OG.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Exactly. We have Stephon Heyer who if I remember correctly is locked up for 3 years. He can play both sides of the line and is an adequate back up who will probably be a starter in the league. Our Guards are old. We must draft a Guard and another tackle to develope in hopes of transitioning them into starters. Also, we need to bring in a vet. guard in case we need someone early. Just my thoughts on the o-line. Rabach has a few years left and Pucillo is a G/C as well.

Postby yupchagee » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:51 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Exactly. We have Stephon Heyer who if I remember correctly is locked up for 3 years. He can play both sides of the line and is an adequate back up who will probably be a starter in the league. Our Guards are old. We must draft a Guard and another tackle to develope in hopes of transitioning them into starters. Also, we need to bring in a vet. guard in case we need someone early. Just my thoughts on the o-line. Rabach has a few years left and Pucillo is a G/C as well.

I've read that Pucillo will retire due to back problems.

Our back up OL's under contract are:
Heyer
Wade
Sampson
Geisenger
Washington

All but Geisenger are OT's. We really need to focus pn interior lenemen.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to General Manager's Office