Would Arizona be interested in Moss for Boldin?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Postby fleetus » Fri May 02, 2008 11:34 am

Boldin is demanding a trade and maybe Santana would be a nice fit as the #2 to Fitzgerald. Since Fitz gets double teamed every week, the speed of Santana would be a nice complement. meanwhile, Boldin would be a better fit in the Zorn Offense. Food for thought. Not sure how the salaries would compare. Also, Arizone would probably not do it in an even trade.
Build through the draft!

Re: Would Arizona be interested in Moss for Boldin?

Postby yupchagee » Fri May 02, 2008 11:55 am

fleetus wrote:Boldin is demanding a trade and maybe Santana would be a nice fit as the #2 to Fitzgerald. Since Fitz gets double teamed every week, the speed of Santana would be a nice complement. meanwhile, Boldin would be a better fit in the Zorn Offense. Food for thought. Not sure how the salaries would compare. Also, Arizone would probably not do it in an even trade.

This question would have made a lot more sense BEFORE the draft. We now have a couple of big possesion WR's, so our receiving core is now balanced.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 02, 2008 12:22 pm

I agree with yupchagee.

Of course we don't for sure that we have a Boldin in either of our two draft picks. But we kind of have to go at it like we do, don't we?

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri May 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Why spend big money on Boldin when we have two young guys that could be the real deal and are a lot cheaper? I think we need to stay put on the offensive side of the ball unless we are trying for an O-lineman. Furthermore, I believe all we need right now is players for depth.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Is that a serious question?
Last edited by brad7686 on Fri May 02, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Fri May 02, 2008 1:02 pm

If we got Boldin, perhaps we could package him and a pick next year to finally get Ocho-Cinco!

:roll:
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm not interested in making the Cardinals better. I like the mix of WR we have now (not counting Mix or Thrash). Two short quick/fast guys and two tall guys.

I wouldn't want to trade one injury prone WR for another! Besides when Moss is 100% he is a better player than when Boldin is 100%.

I seam to remeber a (not so tall) WR by the name of Rice, that had success in the Wect Coast O. I know Rice was listed as 6'2", but if he was 6'2" Darrell was 5'11".
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm not interested in making the Cardinals better. I like the mix of WR we have now (not counting Mix or Thrash). Two short quick/fast guys and two tall guys.

I wouldn't want to trade one injury prone WR for another! Besides when Moss is 100% he is a better player than when Boldin is 100%.

I seam to remeber a (not so tall) WR by the name of Rice, that had success in the Wect Coast O. I know Rice was listed as 6'2", but if he was 6'2" Darrell was 5'11".
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby BnGhog » Fri May 02, 2008 1:34 pm

fleetus wrote:Boldin is demanding a trade and maybe Santana would be a nice fit as the #2 to Fitzgerald. Since Fitz gets double teamed every week, the speed of Santana would be a nice complement. meanwhile, Boldin would be a better fit in the Zorn Offense. Food for thought. Not sure how the salaries would compare. Also, Arizone would probably not do it in an even trade.

I don't think we should do that. Our problem last year is we didn't have someone to complement Moss. Trading him now to get a taller WR would make no sense. Then we would be full of Big & Tall shoppers with no speedy Moss to complement them.
I firmly believe the Patriots are the antichrist.

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Fri May 02, 2008 3:06 pm

I'm kind of interested to see what we now have instead of what other teams have. We may be set at receiver now.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri May 02, 2008 3:07 pm

What kind of sense is there in trading an expensive, often-injured wide receiver for an even more expensive, often-injured wide receiver? This sounds like something the Redskins would have done in years past. I don't see anything of the kind happening this season.

Hog

Postby fleetus » Fri May 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Okay, sounds like the NOs have it. It was just a whimsical idea. I was surpirsed at how negative some of you were. I don't think there is much doubt that Boldin is not only a better WR than Moss but also a better fit for our new offense. So the thought was, if Arizona is shopping him, they might consider Moss as a nice deep threat complement to Fitzgerald since Boldin is more of a possession guy. The argument about waiting to see what our rookie WR's can do didn't make much sense either since it is a WR for WR trade. So either way, you've got a veteran WR starting this year. Whatever, I wasn't serious, doubt the Cardinals would entertain it seriously either.
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby BnGhog » Fri May 02, 2008 4:10 pm

fleetus wrote: I was surpirsed at how negative some of you were.

It didn't use to be like that.
I firmly believe the Patriots are the antichrist.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:36 pm

fleetus wrote:Okay, sounds like the NOs have it. It was just a whimsical idea. I was surpirsed at how negative some of you were. I don't think there is much doubt that Boldin is not only a better WR than Moss but also a better fit for our new offense. So the thought was, if Arizona is shopping him, they might consider Moss as a nice deep threat complement to Fitzgerald since Boldin is more of a possession guy. The argument about waiting to see what our rookie WR's can do didn't make much sense either since it is a WR for WR trade. So either way, you've got a veteran WR starting this year. Whatever, I wasn't serious, doubt the Cardinals would entertain it seriously either.

From our perspective, i'm all for it. But i highly doubt the cards would be interested.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

piglet

Postby gbUSC » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:36 pm

I wouldn't worry about negative responses. Unless I'm wrong, I think scenarios like Moss for Bolden are exactly what this forum is for. In my opinion, I doubt the Cardinals would do something like that, and it is probably a wash from the Skins' perspective. Personally, I like receivers in the Bolden style, though as a Moss fan it's hard to say I'd trade him for that.

Return to General Manager's Office