latest mock drafts

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

The Redskins will draft a

quarterback
21%
linebacker
16%
defensive lineman
11%
offensive linemen
53%

Total votes : 19
sniksder46721

latest mock drafts

Postby sniksder46721 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:31 pm

These are the latest mock drafts on the web from http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Mo ... s_3856.jsp

i want an offensive lineman

-- Mel Kiper, ESPN.com

Pick 13: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

Redskins.com comment: Why give Kiper credence? In 2006, he picked Rocky McIntosh to Washington in a two-round mock draft and in 2007 he was among the first to target LaRon Landry to the Redskins. This year, the king of draft gurus says the Redskins are eying Sanchez, a 6-3, 225-pound quarterback who started only one season for the Trojans. Needless to say, this pick would raise as many questions as it does answers at Redskins Park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Pat Kirwan, NFL.com

Pick 13: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

Redskins.com comment: Kirwan says Jackson “is not flashy, but is a very a solid player.” Jackson can play both defensive end and tackle--and versatility is something that Redskins coaches have placed a high value on in the past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Steve Wyche, NFL.com

Pick 13: Brian Cushing, LB, USC

Redskins.com comment: Wyche likes Cushing over Penn State defensive end Aaron Maybin at No. 13 and predicts that Cushing will help the Redskins in “a division loaded with physical and good open-field running backs.”

-- NFLDraftCountdown.com

Redskins.com comment: For my money, this is one of the best independent NFL Draft sites on the web. Draft guru Scott Wright predicts the 6-4, 294-pound Jackson will help offset the loss of Jason Taylor. Wright also says USC linebacker Brian Cushing and left tackles Michael Oher and Andre Smith are possibilities for the Redskins.

-- Charles Davis, NFL Network

Redskins.com comment: With Brian Orakpo and Everette Brown off the draft board by No. 13, Davis eyes Jackson to the Redskins. “It will be hard for the Redskins to pass up an ‘old school’ huge defensive end” like Jackson, Davis writes.

Rey Maualuga (AP Photo)

-- Jamie Dukes, NFL Network

Pick 13: Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

Redskins.com comment: If the Redskins go with USC middle linebacker Maualuga at No. 13, then he would likely replace Marcus Washington at outside linebacker, Dukes suggests.

-- Frank Hanrahan, WTEM ESPN 980

Pick 13: Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

Redskins.com comment: Hanrahan participated in an NFL.com mock draft with other team beat reporters. He goes with Maualuga, calling the 6-1, 254-pounder a “ball hawk” who can add “aggressiveness” to the Redskins defense.

-- Todd McShay, ESPN.com/Scouts Inc.

Pick 13: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

Redskins.com comment: McShay predicts the Redskins address defense in the first round, with Ayers the choice. The Redskins have addressed defense four times in the last five years heading into the 2009 draft.

-- KFFL.com

Pick 13: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

Redskins.com comment: This popular fantasy football site goes with Johnson in its latest mock draft. Johnson, who is 6-7 and 258 pounds, had nine sacks for the Yellow Jackets last year. He has been compared to Jevon Kearse.

-- Clark Judge, CBS Sportsline.com

Pick 13: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

Redskins.com comment: Says Judge: “The Redskins need a pass-rushing defensive end, and Ayers’ stock is on the rise.” Ayers is 6-2 and 265 pounds and could transition to outside linebacker if needed.

-- Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News

Pick 13: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Redskins.com comment: Orakpo, considered one of the elite defensive ends/linebackers in the draft, is thought to be a top 10 pick. If he falls to No. 13--which seems unlikely--then the Redskins will likely pounce on him.

-- Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk

Pick 13: Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

Redskins.com comment: Florio wonders if the Redskins “toy with taking [quarterback] Josh Freeman” if he’s still on the board. That seems unlikely. Even Florio admits that offensive tackle is a “bigger area of need.”

-- NBC Sports.com

Redskins.com comment: Oher is projected to be a left tackle in the pros, writes Rotoworld’s Evan Silva for NBC Sports.com. Silva suggests Oher would start at right tackle initially and eventually replace Chris Samuels on the left.

Michael Oher (AP Photo)

-- FootballsFuture.com

Redskins.com comment: More on Oher: he was the subject of a book called “The Blind Side,” which documented his learning struggles as a youth. It’s thought that could impact his draft status, helping him fall to the Redskins.

-- Great Blue North Draft Report

Pick 13: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

Redskins.com comment: Will the Redskins draft another offensive tackle from Alabama in the first round? Last time that happened, the Redskins picked up a Pro Bowler in Chris Samuels.

-- James Alder, About.com

Pick 13: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

Redskins.com comment: Smith’s stock has dropped since he declined to participate at the NFL Scouting Combine. Still, as Alder says, he is regarded as a “highly talented player who could be a dominating tackle in the NFL as long as the team that selects him keeps him motivated.”

-- Sam Farmer, Los Angeles Times

Pick 13: Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State

Redskins.com comment: Famer calls for the Redskins to draft Penn State’s Maybin despite his slow time in the 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine. Maybin, 6-4 and 240 pounds, has been compared favorably to Indianapolis’s Robert Mathis.

-- DraftDaddy.com

Pick 13: Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State

Redskins.com comment: It wouldn’t be Mock Madness without Draft Daddy. They proclaim Maybin “is raw but has exciting talent.”

-- The Huddle Report

Redskins.com comment: Jackson gets the call here, but The Huddle Report projects there’s a 26 percent chance it’s Michael Oher, a 22 percent chance it’s Robert Ayers and a 10 percent chance it’s Mark Sanchez.

-- NFLDraftDog.com

Pick 13: Brian Cushing, LB, USC

Redskins.com comment: Is this selection worth the wag of a tail? Time will tell.

-- NFLHouse.com

Pick 13: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

Redskins.com comment: We must protect this House! This site projects Johnson to be the next Jason Taylor.

-- DraftKing.com

Redskins.com comment: The King is in--and he decrees Oher. Some have compared Oher’s athleticism to San Diego’s Marcus McNeill.

-- NFLDraftBlitz.com

Redskins.com comment: NFLDraftBlitz.com is amazing. They offer positional rankings through the 2013 NFL Draft. That’s right, they have evaluated high school seniors and projected their draft status in five years.

sniksder46721

Postby sniksder46721 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 am

i want an offensive lineman but i think we go linebacker. just seems like snyder. i really hope we dont pick sanchez. i hope he's not there. he shouldn't be. mike mayock put him to the top rated qb in the draft above stafford. both should be gone at 13.

Hog

Postby USAFSkinFan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:34 am

Lets face it, the only thing the 'Skins don't need is a tight end... you could make a case for almost any other position... take the best player on the board...

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:51 am

USAFSkinFan wrote:Lets face it, the only thing the 'Skins don't need is a tight end... you could make a case for almost any other position... take the best player on the board...

I have to disagree. We have positions that can always be upgraded, but I wouldn't classify them as a need.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby vwoodzpusha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:
USAFSkinFan wrote:Lets face it, the only thing the 'Skins don't need is a tight end... you could make a case for almost any other position... take the best player on the board...

I have to disagree. We have positions that can always be upgraded, but I wouldn't classify them as a need.

QFT...We NEED to draft an offensive lineman....

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 am

I think that we are pretty set at cb and safety for this off-season. However, I agree that pretty much every other position could use an upgrade....qb, wr, rb, oline, defensive end, linebacker, kicker, and punter all could use some help.
Suck and Luck

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:08 am

I voted for QB, totally against that but I think our FO people are just... stupid. I WANT LB/OL/DL... heck, anything but a QB but I think we'll pick up Sanchez if he's there. ](*,)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 pm

BRANDON PETTIGREW WITH THE 13TH PICK!

Return to General Manager's Office