If WR Micheal Crabtree is available at 13, should we draft h

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:59 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:He won't be available, but if he is of course we should draft him. He is an elite player and has the potential to be a Larry Fitzgerald-type receiver. Yes we have other needs but you don't pass on a player like that just to try and fit a need. If he is there at 13 he will undoubtedly be the best player available.

No WR, including Larry Fittgerald, is worth the #13 spot in the draft. They just aren't that important!

Without Fitz, and with that defense, the Cardinals would have been one of the five worst teams in the division last year, guaranteed.

I really don't know how anyone that has watched the giants, cowboys, cardinals, Randy Moss, etc. over the last however many years can discount the effect WR's have on games.

Hog

Postby redskins14ru » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 pm

there are some veteren wide out FA out there but it will be a long shot to sign one, really to draft a reciever this year will not happen theres some talent in round one early on but there all underclassman and none of them dominated in there offenses like say...fitzgerald did at Pitt, theres to many mock drafts and I have seen alot of different picks for the skins, I still favor the O linemen, this is a good year for them in the draft, The skins need pass protection thats a real deal a rookie who could pass block... against defenses that will be bringing talented dlinemen everyweek. for 16 weeks, without time the entire offense will be off.
I love watching and waiting to see what the hecks going on.
god blessed us with # 59 ... go skins
REDSKINS FOOTBALL RULES

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:34 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:He won't be available, but if he is of course we should draft him. He is an elite player and has the potential to be a Larry Fitzgerald-type receiver. Yes we have other needs but you don't pass on a player like that just to try and fit a need. If he is there at 13 he will undoubtedly be the best player available.

No WR, including Larry Fittgerald, is worth the #13 spot in the draft. They just aren't that important!

:roll:
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby redskins14ru » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:43 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'd understand if they grabbed him...

Theres a serious timing issue with the current wideouts. Put a wideout in this years draft on the team and get a years worth of the same thing as last year.
Until we get healthy and productive (atleast productive :!: ) up front on the offense enough to run the offense.
The skins need to develop the wideout talent we have, and skip all of them 09 wideouts. :P .
The skins front office has been looking around at skill players in this years draft, people that may never develop in positions that were built in last years draft , now the question remains, to build for the 09 season and bring a rookie o-lineman in 09 or wait and get screwed when we have no oother choice but to replace the Right tackel,

Again this years draft is full of hoopla about 3 or four first round tackels and a third round center.
I would not be disapointed at all if they used there first two picks on Offensive linemen, for a 1 year old system with great skill players and a pretty good QB.
MY POINT we already have developing players at wide out and a great back field bring on the oline!!!!!!
:idea:
I love watching and waiting to see what the hecks going on.
god blessed us with # 59 ... go skins
REDSKINS FOOTBALL RULES

sniksder46721

Postby sniksder46721 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:43 am

i think we should draft an offensive lineman. i think that devin thomas and malcolm kelly will step up this year. we dont wanna draft a bunch of wr's........ look at the lions. duh......... i wouldn't be mad if we drafted rey maualuga though from usc. i don't really like brian cushing or clay mathews. they are prototype linebackers. maualuga just plays smash mouth football but need to be a little bit less agressive in the open fiels. crabtree is a great WR but if we draft a receiver i want darius heyward-bey!!! he's fast

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:31 pm

No. I would like to have a player like him but we can't draft him and give up on Thomas and Kelly. More pressing needs like OT, DE, OLB. Plus he won't be around, but if he was I would be angry if the Redskins drafted him and didnt take a trade for another team to move into that spot.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

piggie

Postby num1skinsfan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:43 pm

No to Crabtree, we need OL. Draft the kid from Baylor or the big kid from Alabama, if they are available. Remember we draft 13th, all of these guys could be gone.
"The harder I work the luckier I get"....
- Jack Kent Cook 1983

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:12 am

brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Without Fitz, and with that defense, the Cardinals would have been one of the five worst teams in the division last year, guaranteed.

I really don't know how anyone that has watched the giants, cowboys, cardinals, Randy Moss, etc. over the last however many years can discount the effect WR's have on games.

Let me ask you sometime. Exactly how mant SB Have the Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants and Randy Moss Patriots won in the last ten years. Just one! And that Giants win was more to do with Justin Tuck than Plastic Toe.

The Cardinals have had the same extremely good group od WRs for the past three or four years. How many times have they made the playoffs! It wasn't untill they got good QB play and (just in the play offs) a running game and a defense, that they had any success.

The Patriots won three SBs with WRs that aren't even as good as the group we have right now.

As a matter of fact, the Skins may have the best group of WRs in our division. Before you laugh think about it and look at the stats of the WR that are on the Egirld, Cgirls, and Gwoman. Not very impressive. If you wanted to say any of those teams had better wide outs I would argue too much, but if you said any of them were clearly better that would just be a retarded statement.

How many Championships did the Vikes have when they had Moss. Carter and Reed?

WR is the very last position you should ever consider drafting in the high in the first round (or at all). Ask Matt Millen how well drafting WRs high in the draft worked out for him.

Name just one SB winner were you can say, WOW if they didn't have that WR they would have never won it. If you can name any I will name ten were the Defense or OL played a bigger role or 30 were the QB was more important.

WR's are like jewelry. They are bright and shiny and people notice them and they may get you some superficial "scores", but you had better have much more going for you if you want some top shelf action.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 am

Name just one SB winner were you can say, WOW if they didn't have that WR they would have never won it. If you can name any I will name ten were the Defense or OL played a bigger role or 30 were the QB was more important.

Jerry Rice in Super Bowl XXIII
Suck and Luck

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Jerry Rice in Super Bowl XXIII

Really! I know he had 215 yards. Roger Craig had 71 yard srushing and 101 yards recieving, but the real star of the show was Joe. 23/36, 357 yards and two TDs. The niners D held the Bengals to 229 yards and 13 points. The Bengals were the highest scoring team in the league that year and the niners D held them to 13 points!

By the way Ricky Sanders could have easily had in more yards SB XXII If Gibbs didn't call off the dogs in very early in the 3rd 1/4. He had over 180 yards in the first half.

But lets say I give you Rice, that is one out of how many.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:42 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Let me ask you sometime. Exactly how mant SB Have the Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants and Randy Moss Patriots won in the last ten years. Just one! And that Giants win was more to do with Justin Tuck than Plastic Toe.

The Cardinals have had the same extremely good group od WRs for the past three or four years. How many times have they made the playoffs! It wasn't untill they got good QB play and (just in the play offs) a running game and a defense, that they had any success.

The Patriots won three SBs with WRs that aren't even as good as the group we have right now.

As a matter of fact, the Skins may have the best group of WRs in our division. Before you laugh think about it and look at the stats of the WR that are on the Egirld, Cgirls, and Gwoman. Not very impressive. If you wanted to say any of those teams had better wide outs I would argue too much, but if you said any of them were clearly better that would just be a retarded statement.

WR is the very last position you should ever consider drafting in the high in the first round (or at all). Ask Matt Millen how well drafting WRs high in the draft worked out for him.

WR's are like jewelry. They are bright and shiny and people notice them and they may get you some superficial "scores", but you had better have much more going for you if you want some top shelf action.

I missed this for a while, sorry. Um, you don't have to go back far. Plaxico Burress. Eli is mediocre, which he has shown without plax. Obviously, the G-men had a good d, but Plax was by far the MVP of that super bowl team. Even with T.O. and Plax gone, we probably have the worst receivers in the division, although it is close with those guys gone.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:21 am

brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

I missed this for a while, sorry. Um, you don't have to go back far. Plaxico Burress. Eli is mediocre, which he has shown without plax. Obviously, the G-men had a good d, but Plax was by far the MVP of that super bowl team. Even with T.O. and Plax gone, we probably have the worst receivers in the division, although it is close with those guys gone.

Boy the stats certainly don't back up your statements! First neither Plax nor Eli should have been the MVP. The clearcut MVP was Justin Tuck! And then I would go Eli.

You're crazy if you the Eli is an average QB. Take off those Burgundy tinted glasses.

Uh, Moss had more catches than any other WR in the NFC east last year and ARE had more cathes than any #2 WR in the division last year. Both would have had a ton more TDs had they had a Romo, DMac, or Eli throwing them the ball. I can count of atleast 6 plays that had JC made even a halfway decent throw Moss would have walked into the endzone.

Saying we have the worst group of WR in the division is simply not supportable by the facts.

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Boy the stats certainly don't back up your statements! First neither Plax nor Eli should have been the MVP. The clearcut MVP was Justin Tuck! And then I would go Eli.

You're crazy if you the Eli is an average QB. Take off those Burgundy tinted glasses.

Uh, Moss had more catches than any other WR in the NFC east last year and ARE had more cathes than any #2 WR in the division last year. Both would have had a ton more TDs had they had a Romo, DMac, or Eli throwing them the ball. I can count of atleast 6 plays that had JC made even a halfway decent throw Moss would have walked into the endzone.

Saying we have the worst group of WR in the division is simply not supportable by the facts.
Yeah that Dallas game comes to mind. There were 2 in that game alone. But how many times did ARE or Moss or any of our receivers drop a pass that would have been a 1st down or more??
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:58 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Moss is our only starting-caliber wide receiver at this point. ARE is subpar and should be a #3 or #4 receiver. He may have had a decent number of catches last year, but he drops balls, doesn't score td's, and his YAC average is an embarrassment. You can blame JC for his lack of td's, but ARE didn't score td's in Pittsburgh either.

Also, what about our #3 receiver from last year? James Thrash is one of the worst wide receivers in the NFL at this point in his career. Nobody else in the divison had a #3 that was as bad as him last year. 9 catches and 81 yards. That's a good day for a receiver, but that's what Thrash managed ALL of last season.
Suck and Luck

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Of course they had a lot of catches, they are in a west coast offense. How many yards did they get? How many balls did they drop? How many jump balls did they win? How many times did they beat a jam at the line? Who was the third wide receiver? How many balls did he catch? How many yards did the team have total passing? How many passing Td's were there?

Oh, and if you watched Eli last year you would see how good he is without plax. They had to score points to win that super bowl, and Plax made huge plays during the entire playoffs. Did you watch skins vs giants last year, the first one?

Return to General Manager's Office