Draft

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Should the Redskins sellect a QB or DE in this years draft?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:04 am

QB
10%
DE
90%

Total votes : 21

Draft

Postby BrgndyNGold » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 am

There has been a lot of talk recently about the uncertainty of QB Jason Cambell and how the Redskins are debating whether or not to take Mark Sanchez (USC) with the 13th overall pick. I don’t know about you guys but our beloved Skins NEED a Pass Rusher. If we want to get our money out of Hanyesworth we need to surround him with a talented and devastating Defensive End. This is why Snyder has for forget about a QB and find a way to get his hands of the kid from Texas, Brian Orakpo. Not sure if you guys know about this kid, but he is a MONSTER that the skins (in my mind) desperately need on the D line. I’d like to see what Cambell can do this year with Zorn, and go with a guy who will produce from the beginning.

Check this guy out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUc3UL64f0

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 am

I fixed your link.

I would love to grab Orakpo. He just hasn't garnered much recent discussion because most believe he'll be long gone by the 13th pick.

But, believe it or not, there has been some recent proposed scenarios in which Orakpo might actually slip to us at #13.

Most draft experts now believe that the top 4 OT's (Smith, Monroe, Smith and Oher) will go in the top ten.

Here's a possible list of 12 players that could go if Orakpo were to fall...

In no particular order...

Jason Smith
Mark Sanchez
Matthew Stafford
Eugene Monroe
Aaron Curry
B.J. Raji
Andre Smith
Michael Crabtree
Jeremy Macklin
Michael Oher
Aaron Maybin
or... Pettigrew/Cushing/Jerry/Malcolm Jenkins/Vontae Davis

This is all hypothetical, but that would make Brian Orakpo available at #13.

Postby BrgndyNGold » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:46 am

SkinsFreak wrote:I fixed your link.

I would love to grab Orakpo. He just hasn't garnered much recent discussion because most believe he'll be long gone by the 13th pick.

But, believe it or not, there has been some recent proposed scenarios in which Orakpo might actually slip to us at #13.

Most draft experts now believe that the top 4 OT's (Smith, Monroe, Smith and Oher) will go in the top ten.

Jason Smith
Mark Sanchez
Matthew Stafford
Eugene Monroe
Aaron Curry
B.J. Raji
Andre Smith
Michael Crabtree
Jeremy Macklin
Michael Oher
Aaron Maybin

Thanks for the fix!

I would love to see Orakpo come to the Skins. That would make for an exciting Defense.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:47 am

i didn't even reseach it man, I picked DE because I just don't want to pick up a qb.. but we have quite a few other needs so you can insert any of them
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:I fixed your link.

Jason Smith
Mark Sanchez
Matthew Stafford
Eugene Monroe
Aaron Curry
B.J. Raji
Andre Smith
Michael Crabtree
Jeremy Macklin
Michael Oher
Aaron Maybin

I wouldn't say most experts expect Oher to go in the top 10..

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:26 pm

brad7686 wrote:I wouldn't say most experts expect Oher to go in the top 10..

You wouldn't if you haven't been paying attention recently. Just within the past few days, they are saying Oher is on the rise. I've been watching all the draft shows on ESPN and the NFLN and many are now predicting he may also go in the top 10-12 picks. In weeks past, you're right, but now there's talk that he could.

They've said Oher's stock has been on the rise recently due to the significant fall-off talent wise after the top 4 OT's are gone. They've also said Eben Britton's stock is falling, making Oher more highly touted at this point. I've seen this just within the past day or two.

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:06 pm

DE, LB & OT before QB.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:40 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:

You wouldn't if you haven't been paying attention recently. Just within the past few days, they are saying Oher is on the rise. I've been watching all the draft shows on ESPN and the NFLN and many are now predicting he may also go in the top 10-12 picks. In weeks past, you're right, but now there's talk that he could.

They've said Oher's stock has been on the rise recently due to the significant fall-off talent wise after the top 4 OT's are gone. They've also said Eben Britton's stock is falling, making Oher more highly touted at this point. I've seen this just within the past day or two.

Last I checked he wasn't in McShay's or Kipers. Nobody else's really matter anyway. He's not in either of thier top 15 in the most recent mocks, let alone top ten. Kiper barely has him as a top 30 player in his talent rankings.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:23 am

brad7686 wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:

Last I checked he wasn't in McShay's or Kipers. Nobody else's really matter anyway. He's not in either of thier top 15 in the most recent mocks, let alone top ten. Kiper barely has him as a top 30 player in his talent rankings.

You're right, not many have run out and changed or revised their mock draft predictions to include Oher in the top ten. However, it has been discussed. I've heard it from both McShay and Mayock. Now, I acknowledge that instead of saying "most experts", I should have said "several experts", but nevertheless, it is being contemplated. As I said, they were talking about Britton's stock falling, which in turn, could possibly elevate Oher's stock.

It's all hypothetical and everyone is guessing at this point. They're looking at this from every angle and examining every possible scenario. Nobody seems to be a lock at any draft position.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:08 am

If Orakpo is on the board at 13...

He will be wearing B&G next year. 'course, that's JMHO...

I'm not going to hold my breath, though. :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:38 pm

We'll know in a week....
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:06 pm

I would say unless they are enamored with Robert Ayers or perhaps Maybin if he slips, they try to find a way to trade back.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

swine

Postby CajunSkin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:35 am

I want Rak Daddy but i don't think its likely he'll drop that far Aaron Maybin, Robert Ayers, Everette Brown, are the only other 3 DEs worthy of a 13th round pick in my opinion. If they're all of the board I say Trade down to a late First and a 2nd round and pick up Larry English or somebody

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:48 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:

You're right, not many have run out and changed or revised their mock draft predictions to include Oher in the top ten. However, it has been discussed. I've heard it from both McShay and Mayock. Now, I acknowledge that instead of saying "most experts", I should have said "several experts", but nevertheless, it is being contemplated. As I said, they were talking about Britton's stock falling, which in turn, could possibly elevate Oher's stock.

It's all hypothetical and everyone is guessing at this point. They're looking at this from every angle and examining every possible scenario. Nobody seems to be a lock at any draft position.

McShay actually did move him to pick 10 today. It would be higher than he should go, but nobody in this draft is great anyway after pick 7 or 8, so he could go in that range.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Considering we just landed one of the best DTs in the league. If we grab a potential great Defensive End? That just might put this defense into top of the league. Yeah Orakapo would be a great addition to this team. I am crossing my fingers.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to General Manager's Office