Draft

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Should the Redskins sellect a QB or DE in this years draft?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:04 am

QB
10%
DE
90%

Total votes : 21
One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:07 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Considering we just landed one of the best DTs in the league. If we grab a potential great Defensive End? That just might put this defense into top of the league. Yeah Orakapo would be a great addition to this team. I am crossing my fingers.

That would be wonderful. We could have the best defense in the league and 10 offensive points a game and still come off 8-8.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:44 am

Would be interested to know (if anyone has the data) how teams who have had the number 1 or 2 ranked defence have done over the past 10 years ... have they always made the playoffs?

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:29 am

Manchester_Redskin wrote:Would be interested to know (if anyone has the data) how teams who have had the number 1 or 2 ranked defence have done over the past 10 years ... have they always made the playoffs?

Well, I'm not going back 10 years, but looking at last year, the top 3 defenses played in the conference championship games. The top three offenses didn't make the playoffs. Defense wins championships. As far as the Skins are concerned, they need to score more points offensively, which I believe they will, but there's a lot to be said about a dominant defense.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:50 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Considering we just landed one of the best DTs in the league. If we grab a potential great Defensive End? That just might put this defense into top of the league. Yeah Orakapo would be a great addition to this team. I am crossing my fingers.

I like the additions to the defense and we should be top 5 again, but I don't think that we have done anything to move past Pittsburgh and Baltimore when it comes to being the top defense in the league. Lets no forget that we still have a glaring hole at linebacker and Daniels or Wynn as likely starters at LDE.
Suck and Luck

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:59 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:

I like the additions to the defense and we should be top 5 again, but I don't think that we have done anything to move past Pittsburgh and Baltimore when it comes to being the top defense in the league. Lets no forget that we still have a glaring hole at linebacker and Daniels or Wynn as likely starters at LDE.

Well, he said if we draft Orakpo, so Daniels and Wynn would be riding the bench. Secondly, Baltimore lost Rex Ryan and several good defensive players, so we'll see how they rebound. But the loss of Ryan is a major deal, he was the reason for their stout defense.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 am

SkinsFreak wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Well, he said if we draft Orakpo, so Daniels and Wynn would be riding the bench. Secondly, Baltimore lost Rex Ryan and several good defensive players, so we'll see how they rebound. But the loss of Ryan is a major deal, he was the reason for their stout defense.

And those are AFC defenses. A good gauge, but I'm worried about defenses we have a better chance to face in the NFC.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:52 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:

That would be wonderful. We could have the best defense in the league and 10 offensive points a game and still come off 8-8.

Did I say ignore the offense? Where in my post does it say that?

Like I said before. I am all for drafting a great tackle. I am all for drafting a great defensive end.
As long as we draft a playmaker that is either a OT, DE or OLB. Heck I just want a playmaker drafted if we use the no. 13 pick.
I was just highlighting the benefits of drafting a guy like Orakapo. The potential to have a top defense does not mean we ignore the offense. Nor did I ever imply that. There have been plenty of stout right tackles who have been drafted in the latter rounds anyway.

Drafting Orakapo would be better than drafting Sanchez IMHO. Really does not matter what I say. It looks like Snyder is fond of Mark Sanchez and we are going to trade up to get him. This is what ESPN is reporting. So I hope I made my stance clear. So long as our front office does not throw away more of our draft picks.

We can speculate all we want. Which most of us do every year. I give my opinion. But, honestly in the my heart I really just hope our front office does not foul up. That is what we really find ourselves thinking on draft day. Just do not mess this up Snyder! This is where I have found myself along this journey as a Redskin brethren. I think most will agree they have said this before. Just dont mess this up Snyder!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 pm

i voted DE only because drafting a QB would be stupid. O LINE!!!!
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Return to General Manager's Office