Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing and others linked to hate group

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
+++++++++

Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing and others linked to hate group

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 am

USC OLB Clay Matthews reportedly created a Facebook group during his junior season called "White Nation," which showed a photo of an African American baby in handcuffs.
Under the picture was a caption saying "arrest black babies before they become criminals." It also said "This group is not for the faint of heart. All members are athletes of Caucasion descent. We are just doing our duty of protecting the Arian brotherhood." Brian Cushing, K David Buehler, and former Redskins draft pick Dallas Sartz joined the group. The athletic dept. billed the group as a joke. Matthews later issued a formal apology.
Source: The Daily Trojan

Wow, this is serious.

http://www.dailytrojan.com/news/faceboo ... r-1.206854

That would be a serious red flag IMO and if I was an NFL team I would take Cushing and Matthews off my draft boards. Best case scenario is that this really is a joke... which would display terrible, terrible judgment and total maturity. Worst case is they're all skinheads.

No good can really come out of drafting those two clowns.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 am

Yea bro, that's pretty serious indeed. I heard cowpunks took Percy Harvin off the list cause of some issues too. Stupid people out there brutha, really ignorant folks man.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:49 am

Why would you do this? Even if it is a joke its a pretty stupid joke.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:45 pm

It was a pretty dumb thing to do but keep in mind, they were 19. This was something also that they thought was private, and of course it wasn't. It was a team thing, all be it black and white players.

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 pm

It says this was originally published 2 years ago. If it were true, it would have become public much sooner. It looks like an attempt by someone to hurt his draft position 1 week before the draft.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to General Manager's Office