Would you...

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Would you trade up for an elite OT or OLB?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes : 11
Fire in the Sky

Would you...

Postby SkinsFreak » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am

Would you trade up to take one of the top offensive tackles, such as Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe?

How about trading up to take the top rated OLB Aaron Curry?

There's been several recent rumors about trading up for Sanchez. I'm not sure I believe that rumor, as I believe we have more glaring needs, but perhaps they're using Sanchez as a smokescreen to move up and grab an elite OT or a stud OLB.

So... the poll is asking if you'd trade up to take an elite OT or OLB... not a QB or Sanchez.

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:56 am

As long as it isn't a crazy, stupid trade I wouldn't mind it.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm

im for it. as i have said on many
a' thread, i believe that upgrading our O line is our primary concern.

like MDSKINSFAN stated though, there is a limit to what we should give up to get a RT. what that limit is should be up to the 'pros' in the FO and not me chilling at work. (though, our FO does not have the best track record)

that being said we could also trade down and get two picks for our 13th and get two OT who can battle for a spot. id almost rather do that.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Depends how high we would have to trade up. If we had to trade up to say the 8th or 9th spot which would cost us a 1st and a 3rd I would consider it. If, on the other hand, we had to trade up to the top 5, which would likely cost us next year's #1, I definitely wouldn't do it.
[/quote]
Suck and Luck

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:09 pm

No
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:14 pm

I would have to say NO also. Its always a risk even a first rounder. If anything trade down if your players is not there at 13. More chances=better luck

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Plain and simple. You could trade #13 for a Vet who has already proven themselves and are at the top of their game. With so man disgruntled players out there, someone's available.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:58 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Plain and simple. You could trade #13 for a Vet who has already proven themselves and are at the top of their game. With so man disgruntled players out there, someone's available.

This is very true and I agree with your thinking. In fact I like it but some players say that we care more about FA than our own. Building thru the draft will stop this. Again, I like the idea of trading a first round pick for an established young vet. Less chance of going wrong there.

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:56 pm

No. We have too few picks already & too many holes to plug,
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:54 am

frankcal20 wrote:Plain and simple. You could trade #13 for a Vet who has already proven themselves and are at the top of their game. With so man disgruntled players out there, someone's available.

It's not that plain and simple. You will get someone at 13 who is a lot cheaper, and younger, than the established vet you may be able to get with the pick. However, which disgruntled vets in particular would you get?

Return to General Manager's Office