Trade For Boldin

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
G4L

Trade For Boldin

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:42 am

John Clayton says Philly and the Giants are eyeing Anquan and that Arizona's asking for a 1st and a 3rd or a 1st and a player.

I would not be angry at giving Ari no.13 and either devin thomas or antwaan for boldin
HAIL

Re: Trade For Boldin

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:01 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:John Clayton says Philly and the Giants are eyeing Anquan and that Arizona's asking for a 1st and a 3rd or a 1st and a player.

I would not be angry at giving Ari no.13 and either devin thomas or antwaan for boldin

Bolden is not worth or 13th pick. You have to use a pick that high for someone more important. Here are some position s that need help before WR: OT, DE, OLB, QB, OG, DT, DE, OT, OLB, CB.

Yes, I know I listed DE, OLB, and OT twice, but I would draft two of each before even thinking about a WR. Our WR are better than average. We have no person to start at RT, LDE, or SAM. We don't have a single player on our roster that could get a starting job on ANY team in the NFL at those positions. S Moss would be an upgrade for the #1 WR spot on more than half the teams and every team in the NFC East. Same for ARE #2.

I have no idea why people are so down on our WRs, but the stats speak for themselves! Our top two WR are simply better than the top two WR for more than half of the teams in the league.

Beside I would rather them use the #13 pick on that stud Center from California, Alex Mack. I know centers never go in the top half of the draft and rarely go in the first round. I have a hard time with that. Other than your QB, they are the only player on the field that touches the ball on every play. And other than your LT they are the most important player on your OL. A team with a great C WILL run the ball well and pass pro well!

WR should NEVER be taken that far up in the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:39 am

Chad Johnson, Bolden, Parrish etc...Didn't we draft TWO wr's last year :hmm:
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:51 pm

DEHog wrote:Chad Johnson, Bolden, Parrish etc...Didn't we draft TWO wr's last year :hmm:
We did?

I saw practically nothing of them last year. I know they are rookies, but c´mon...besides that trick play in which one of them scored, they were invisible.

And let's not even get into the TE we drafted last year while having a probowl TE already on the roster.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:30 pm

El Mexican wrote:
DEHog wrote:Chad Johnson, Bolden, Parrish etc...Didn't we draft TWO wr's last year :hmm:
We did?

I saw practically nothing of them last year. I know they are rookies, but c´mon...besides that trick play in which one of them scored, they were invisible.

And let's not even get into the TE we drafted last year while having a probowl TE already on the roster.

Heh, lets give them a chance. It might take 3 or 4 seasons or less. This is why I think we should have some cheap older guy to receive that can still get open and catch to help Moss. Randle El might be better this year. Our draft picks last year are projects... They might surprise us this year. We can't fix everything this year so lets give them a chance and then we can evaluate.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:16 pm

El Mexican wrote:
We did?

Right, because injuries aren't worth considering, rookie WR's are ALWAYS successful in their first year and teams only need one TE.

You're right, let's not get into it. ](*,)

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:12 pm

I think its fair to assume at least a 50% chance that Kelly will be injury riddled. Thomas, who knows at this point. One thing I will say is that I am not overwhelmed at what we can get at pick 13 and therefore would not freak out if we traded for Boldin.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Two players to remember: Taylor Jacobs and Desmond Howard.

Kelly and Thomas were high picks in last year´s draft. There are no excuses for them not performing. Even Zorn called them out. They could not even move ahead of ancient James Thrash.

Kelly was drafted by Vinny and Snyder even when practically everyone else in the League knew he had knee problems.

Now for the Davis situation: Zorn publicly called this guy out. With all the holes this team has, TE was not the most pressing need. What´s the problem with Todd Yoder?

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:16 am

brad7686 wrote:I think its fair to assume at least a 50% chance that Kelly will be injury riddled.

Nice way to be able to fall back either way. Can't we say that for anyone.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:06 am

Even if we had what Arizona wanted, we couldn't afford him.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:32 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I think its fair to assume at least a 50% chance that Kelly will be injury riddled.

By injury riddled I mean won't have a career, so I'll rephrase. There's a fifty percent chance Kelly won't have a career.

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:17 am

brad7686 wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:

By injury riddled I mean won't have a career, so I'll rephrase. There's a fifty percent chance Kelly won't have a career.

does that mean there is a 50% chance that he will live up to the hype and be a rpototypical wide out? wow what a gutsy stance.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 am

TincoSkin wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:

does that mean there is a 50% chance that he will live up to the hype and be a rpototypical wide out? wow what a gutsy stance.

Do you really have to take that literally? It's pretty obvious that he's just saying that there is a strong likelihood that Kelly's career wont pan out because of his knee injury. It's hard to argue with that statement.
Suck and Luck

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 am

TincoSkin wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:

No, I'm saying theres a 50% chance he will make it onto the field on a somewhat consistent basis. What he will be able to do with those knees if he actually can play is hard to predict. I'm really just saying he will struggle immensely to stay healthy, which i'm sure anyone who has watched kelly or others with that many knee problems can agree with. Cough, Lavar, Cough.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Right, we can't afford him BUT if we could, I'd be all over that Anquan bandwagon.. IF we could keep Moss and Cooley. Still of course, we have other needs for the draft that we must consider.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to General Manager's Office