Trade For Boldin

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Yea fellas, that's all true indeed. It really must be money he's searching for because him and Fitzy were a great duo who had potential to be the greatest duo ever.. To me besides Monk/Clark it would be Jerry Rice w/Tim Brown.. I'm just saying, not trying to change the subject

Not even close... Taylor and Mitchell.

Great choice. Another duo to consider is Stallworth/Swann.

Why
They aren`t even in the same neighborhood as the two skins duos or fits and bolden

Uh, both Stallworth and Swann are in the hall of fame?

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 am

PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Yea fellas, that's all true indeed. It really must be money he's searching for because him and Fitzy were a great duo who had potential to be the greatest duo ever.. To me besides Monk/Clark it would be Jerry Rice w/Tim Brown.. I'm just saying, not trying to change the subject

Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Also Moss and that little dude in New England. Moss and Chris Carter was a deadly combo as well.

Sterling Sharpe, Robert Brooks and Antonio Freeman was a triple threat. Until Sharpe had that neck injury. Jerry Rice and John Taylor. If we want to count Tight ends as well. Shannon Sharpe and Ed Mcaffrey was a good duo.

Oh yeah, I don't think it is fair to mention just Clark and Monk. It was Monk, Clark and Sanders. It was a triple threat if I remember correctly.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 am

PulpExposure wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Why
They aren`t even in the same neighborhood as the two skins duos or fits and bolden

Just because they are in the HoF, doesn't put them in the same neiborhood! They were extremely overhyped and played on a Steelers team that has almost every player in the HoF. With as many players as they have in, you would think they were the 60's Packers or something.

They were good WR on a great team. Neither should be in the HoF! I would take Clark, Moss or even Sanders over either of them.

Maybe I'm a bit too biased against them, but either of them being in Canton is just a joke!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Also Moss and that little dude in New England. Moss and Chris Carter was a deadly combo as well....

None of the "add ons" ever had to do what Mitchell and Taylor did... over a 12 game season... all while being mugged constantly by physical dbs who didn't have to worry about PI being called because they breathed too hard on the receiver...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Also Moss and that little dude in New England. Moss and Chris Carter was a deadly combo as well....

None of the "add ons" ever had to do what Mitchell and Taylor did... over a 12 game season... all while being mugged constantly by physical dbs who didn't have to worry about PI being called because they breathed too hard on the receiver...

Good point. Swan and Stallworth had to deal with the same circumstances as well. Yeah back in the day it was a much more manlier game IMHO. Even in the leatherhead days. Now that must have been brutal.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:46 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Why

Just because they are in the HoF, doesn't put them in the same neiborhood! They were extremely overhyped and played on a Steelers team that has almost every player in the HoF. With as many players as they have in, you would think they were the 60's Packers or something.

They were good WR on a great team. Neither should be in the HoF! I would take Clark, Moss or even Sanders over either of them.

Maybe I'm a bit too biased against them, but either of them being in Canton is just a joke!

Man that is hillarious. Swan has made some of the greatest catches in history. In the Playoffs. In the SuperBowl. Same can be said for Stallworth. Without Swan or Stallworth the Steelers of the Seventies do not have four SuperBowls. They complemented Bradshaw and Franco Harris. Just like Rice and Montana.

Also consider they had different rules for defensive backs then. DBs could bump you all the way down the field. Not like now.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:00 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Also Moss and that little dude in New England. Moss and Chris Carter was a deadly combo as well.

Sterling Sharpe, Robert Brooks and Antonio Freeman was a triple threat. Until Sharpe had that neck injury. Jerry Rice and John Taylor. If we want to count Tight ends as well. Shannon Sharpe and Ed Mcaffrey was a good duo.

Oh yeah, I don't think it is fair to mention just Clark and Monk. It was Monk, Clark and Sanders. It was a triple threat if I remember correctly.

I mentioned Clark and Sanders and I know they were #2 and #3 WR for the Posse, but they were also more porductive than the Stallworth and Swann combo. Monk/Clark combo is so far above the combo of Stallworth/Swann that any comparrison if laughable.

I tried to find where Swann fell on the all time reception list and I couldn't because it only listed the top 252 players :shock:

But here is a great combo that I'm surprised no one has mentioned.
Bruce/Holt.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:42 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

I mentioned Clark and Sanders and I know they were #2 and #3 WR for the Posse, but they were also more porductive than the Stallworth and Swann combo. Monk/Clark combo is so far above the combo of Stallworth/Swann that any comparrison if laughable.

I tried to find where Swann fell on the all time reception list and I couldn't because it only listed the top 252 players :shock:

But here is a great combo that I'm surprised no one has mentioned.
Bruce/Holt.

Well did you consider the difference in rules? The receivers are protected now. Pass interference makes a big difference if you are talking stats. Imagine if you could bump the receivers anytime on the field. They would virtually have three catches a game, if that.

Just think about what a guy like Sean Taylor would do to a receiver. He would maul him all the way down the field. No receiver would stand a chance. That is what those receivers in the past had to deal with.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:59 pm

neighborhood, its spelled neighborhood
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:54 pm

Just think about what a guy like Sean Taylor would do to a receiver. He would maul him all the way down the field.

Just want to point out that this is exactly how Pat Fischer made his living... and he was very good at it. Playing against him was literally a painful experience for receivers of the '60's and '70's.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to General Manager's Office