Draft Day Scenario

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm

frankcal20 wrote:The ownership and management suck. Everyone says that Danny doesn't have a problem spending money but its one thing to spend your money correctly and its another to throw your money out the door and that's what he does. He's an owner that's all about hype. I feel like his philosophy is "I can buy a championship" when history shows you that you can't.

Wow, that's only been said 5,000 times. Make that 5,001.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Sorry but I'm fed up today. I'm a "redskins first" type of guy but I'm getting really pissed off. I'm tired of being mediocre and that's all you can be if you change your entire team year in and year out. Just STOP!!! Let the team develop. I would guess that Danny didn't play football ever in his life outside of his dorky friends pretenting they were pro's back in the day before the games. Sad to say but his Dad, god bless his sole, probably would tell him to stop too.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:09 am

DEHog wrote:Bidding war or Pick(s) for JC ..really....your dreaming of you think we are getting anything for JC. As far as trading up...I don;t like our history with trades we seems to always give up that extra pick.

For once we are in a good spot with a player, why not just let it play it out on the field this season.

Just because YOU don't like him doesn't mean other people don't. There are at least a half dozen teams who both need a new QB and believe he is a good player. Your opinion of Jason Campbell is completely irrelevant.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:18 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:
DEHog wrote:Bidding war or Pick(s) for JC ..really....your dreaming of you think we are getting anything for JC. As far as trading up...I don;t like our history with trades we seems to always give up that extra pick.

For once we are in a good spot with a player, why not just let it play it out on the field this season.

Just because YOU don't like him doesn't mean other people don't. There are at least a half dozen teams who both need a new QB and believe he is a good player. Your opinion of Jason Campbell is completely irrelevant.

At best we'll get a 2nd rounder for JC. You're dreaming if you think that a team would give up a first round pick for him.
Suck and Luck

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:33 am

Here's the bottom line, the Skins will not trade up and they won't pick a QB, LB, RB, OL, DL, DB, S, WR, TE, P, K, ST.. none of those.. they are going to draft a Power Forward/Center.. his name is Blake Griffin. Though many people speculate the Wizards are trying to get him, Danny Snyder has more pull in the DC area and had this to say..

"Over the years of owning the Skins I've made many mistakes but this one here has been calling my name for months. The kid can be a great part of our team and I know our fans would love to see him in the burgundy and gold."

Some of Griffin's strengths include:
Efficiency, Ball-handling skills, Excellent hands, Excellent Touch, Nimble footwork, Defensive potential, Energy/Intensity, Potential, Unselfishness, Winning mentality, Work ethic, Ability to finish through contact, Athleticism, Body control, Coordination, Explosiveness, Fluidity, Quick off feet, Strength

His only weakness:
He plays basketball, not football ](*,)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:07 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:

At best we'll get a 2nd rounder for JC. You're dreaming if you think that a team would give up a first round pick for him.

The Pats only get a 2nd rounder for Cassel...
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:12 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:

I don't like him?? I love Jason I think the world of him as a person. As I said I'm in favor of him being the QB this year...again look at what the Pats got for Cassel??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:35 am

The Pats got their pants pulled down over Matt Cassel. It was not a fair trade. That swap has nothing to do with actual market values and everything to do with the relationship of the Chiefs GM and the Patriots.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:51 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:The Pats got their pants pulled down over Matt Cassel. It was not a fair trade. That swap has nothing to do with actual market values and everything to do with the relationship of the Chiefs GM and the Patriots.

Link please!

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:51 pm

The sky is blue today, would you like a link confirming that too?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

"The compensation is surprising, because two years ago, the Atlanta Falcons got two second-round picks from Houston for a far less experienced quarterback, Matt Schaub.

My take: Bill Belichick either didn't get a better offer, or he did one of his best friends, Pioli, a favor with a player Belichick wanted to put in a good situation; Belichick is very fond of Cassel. It would not be surprising to see Belichick make the deal with Pioli because both were trained under Bill Parcells, and Parcells always made sure he watched out for his lieutenants and helped them whenever it didn't hurt him."

There's more:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1360 ... -foil-hats

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/ma ... e-job/5669

Just do a GIS for Matt Cassel trade (or trade value, or compensation etc.) and you'll find a host of articles questioning the haul the Patriots got in return. The did not get good value for their player and it's pretty much common knowledge.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:The sky is blue today, would you like a link confirming that too?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

"The compensation is surprising, because two years ago, the Atlanta Falcons got two second-round picks from Houston for a far less experienced quarterback, Matt Schaub.

My take: Bill Belichick either didn't get a better offer, or he did one of his best friends, Pioli, a favor with a player Belichick wanted to put in a good situation; Belichick is very fond of Cassel. It would not be surprising to see Belichick make the deal with Pioli because both were trained under Bill Parcells, and Parcells always made sure he watched out for his lieutenants and helped them whenever it didn't hurt him."

There's more:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1360 ... -foil-hats

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/ma ... e-job/5669

Just do a GIS for Matt Cassel trade (or trade value, or compensation etc.) and you'll find a host of articles questioning the haul the Patriots got in return. The did not get good value for their player and it's pretty much common knowledge.

Again do you have a link where BB is quoted as doing them a favor??

This is my favorite part..
Bill Belichick either didn't get a better offer, or he did one of his best friends,

I'll go with
didn't get a better offer
after reading this...
The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Graves denies dropping the asking price:
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/51792

Also it's funny how that same sentence you quoted actually goes: Bill Belichick either didn't get a better offer, or he did one of his best friends, Pioli, a favor

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Graves denies dropping the asking price:
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/51792

Also it's funny how that same sentence you quoted actually goes: Bill Belichick either didn't get a better offer, or he did one of his best friends, Pioli, a favor

Well we don't know do we?? IMO I don't see the Pats doing that. Had they gotten a better offer from a team (outside the division) I think we would have heard about it...I think that team would have cpmplained to the Commish. I can buy that they got similar offers and decided to do the players a favor.
But what we are really debating here is the worth of JC...I think we'd be lucky to get a mid-round pick for him. I hope these rumor aren't true and that JC know it. IMO this is one of the things the Skins have done right. Let JC 's play determine his future with the team. What the Skins are doing now ( if true) is dangerous IMO because if he has a good season he's not going to be so willing to resign here...we will have to tag him. Back to his worth...Had this been JC's contract year do you think the Skins would have resigned him or tagged him like the Pats did with Cassel??

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 am

DEHog wrote:Well we don't know do we?? IMO I don't see the Pats doing that. Had they gotten a better offer from a team (outside the division) I think we would have heard about it

We did hear they had a better offer.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen has since reported there was a much better offer on the table, that the Patriots passed on the 12th overall pick in a three-way trade that would've sent Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Return to General Manager's Office