Rumors abound involving Redskins moving up for Sanchez

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Rumors abound involving Redskins moving up for Sanchez

Postby fleetus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am

A couple of rumors, both about the Redskins mortgaging more picks away to get Sanchez. According to the rumors, they feel they need to move up to the #4 to get Sanchez. Funny thing is, every one knows the Seahawks have wanted to trade out of this spot all along. So here comes Danny boy offering whatever it takes.

I doubt the Seahawks would spend such a high pick on a QB who has only started 1 full season in college only to put him on the bench behind Hasseback.

If Snyder really wants Sanchez, why not play it smart and see if he slips to 8 or 9? If Raji is available at 8, I can't imagine the Jags passing him up for a trade down. The Packers are always looking for a trade down, so either 8 or 9. Not 4! That's crazy. Sanchez isn't even worth a 4 pick anyway.

The second part of the rumor involves either the Vikings or Jets trading for JC after we draft Sanchez. That's funny. Teams see the Snyder train wreck coming and they are already licking there chops over the spoils. :lol: :lol:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1608 ... -nfc-north

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/0 ... try_t.html
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:18 pm

This whole thing is just embarrassing.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:39 pm

riggofan wrote:This whole thing is just embarrassing.

I feel the same way if it is true. If it is true, why wouldn't they keep it under wraps, because what they are doing is showing their cards. I hope the Lions take Sanchez....
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

swine

Postby CajunSkin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm praying that this is all a smoke and mirrors of some sort..... Its really going to suck letting go of JC he'son the verge of good and great. I think he deserves one more season to blossom. Sanchez is too risky of a pick

Hog

Postby Skinna Mob » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:18 pm

I am feeling really nauseous right now. My goodness this would such a ridiculous move.

1 step forward...5 steps back!!!
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom," he said. "And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that."
Sean Taylor

-REDSKINS TILL I DIE-

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:12 pm

It's like they own a car and keep tinkering with the engine .... not noticing that the shocks, brakes, alignment, etc. all need work ...... and they still wonder why they keep needing a tow.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:36 pm

On ESPN Radio apparently there was a report from Mortenson saying that the Skins are trying to trade JC to the Jets for their 2nd rounder (52nd overall). The team would then try to package that 2nd rounder, along with our first rounder and next year's 2nd rounder to move up to #4 to draft Sanchez.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby vwoodzpusha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:38 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:On ESPN Radio apparently there was a report from Mortenson saying that the Skins are trying to trade JC to the Jets for their 2nd rounder (52nd overall). The team would then try to package that 2nd rounder, along with our first rounder and next year's 2nd rounder to move up to #4 to draft Sanchez.

Thats insane to give up that much for one QB who MAY or MAY NOT be that good. I really hope someone beats us to the punch and drafts him.

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:05 pm

riggofan wrote:This whole thing is just embarrassing.

No matter what the Redskins do there will always be someone that will never be happy. Why is this embarrassing? There are at least 10 teams interested in Mark Sanchez. Secondly what has Jason Campbell done? NOTHING. Everything that you do as an owner is a gamble. Sometimes there are good gambles and then there are bad gambles. If the Redskins aren't sold on Jason Campbell and aren't going to give him any commitment then they need to get rid of him now rather then lose him to free agency and get NOTHING for him

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Matt Ryan did out perform Jason Campbell, and Matt had less weapons.
Maybe the rookie with all the moxie is the way to go, Jason has a nice deep ball but ZERO swagger.
HAIL

piglet

Postby Leadbelly » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Peter King did an article the other day counting the number of times that teams moved forward or back in the draft over the past decade. The results...the Patriots, Steelers and the Colts moved back the most. THe teams that moved up the most were the Lions, Browns and Bengals...see the connection here? If this moved happens it will be absolutly disgraceful on a couple of fronts. First of all we would be getting rid on a Veteran quaterback who's on his second year in a system for a rookie quaterback who has 16 total starts under his belt and throwing him to the wolves. Ridiculous! Secondly, I think we all can agree that JC's(I call him Soup) play took a downward turn in the second half of the season. However, I think that the front office is missing the fact that the O-line was injured and teams figured out that they could run the QB making him less effective. So basically Soup is catching all the blame for the second half of the season and we would be ignoring the bigger problem which is Oline. The thing that really really infuriates me is that Synder is a very smart guy...you don't become that wealthy without being very bright. Why can't he see that his way of doing things isn't working??? Other teams have shown the way...the Steelers, the Patriots the Giants. Draft well and develop their players, let go of free agents that want huge contracts. This system has won the Superbowl for the last few years. Someone needs to slap Vinny and Danny and talk some sense into them! Oh, one more thing...How many other GM's have the time during their busy schedule to do a radio show?? NONE. WTF! The Redskins are veering away from our glory days and a proud NFL francise to something closer to a circus and a punchline in jokes. I'm normally not a hater all at...but when I heard this on the radio today...I wanted to gouge my eyes out, leave work and find a nice quiet corner to cry in.

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 pm

i think sanchez is a red hering. if we move up it will be to grab a great OT
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

G4L

Sanchanna Moss!

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Sanchez to Moss! Sanchez to Moss! Sanchanna Moss!

Let me elabo...

Jason locks on his recievers everyone knows that.

Sanchez looks people off and plays with passion.

Because of this Santanna's production instantly goes up.

Did Sanchez play at all with Fred Davis?
Last edited by Gibbs4Life on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL

Hog

Postby Skinna Mob » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:45 pm

I don't know why people really think a rookie QB with 16 college starts, will come in into the NFL game and save the Redskins. On top of that, it doesn't take a genius to know that no matter who you have at QB, if your O-line is swizz cheese, and you have multiple holes/deficiencies on defense (wins championships by the way)...the mortgaging of the future to get this shiny new "toy" will add up to the same story since Snyders been here.
Last edited by Skinna Mob on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom," he said. "And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that."
Sean Taylor

-REDSKINS TILL I DIE-

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:45 pm

TincoSkin wrote:i think sanchez is a red hering. if we move up it will be to grab a great OT

I doubt that. There is still a chance that Oher and/or Andre Smith could be available at 13. We would also not need to trade all the way up to #4 to grab one of the top 4 tackles.
Suck and Luck

Return to General Manager's Office