Rumors abound involving Redskins moving up for Sanchez

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
piglet
User avatar
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: University Place, Washington

Postby blowwad » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 pm

jeremyroyce wrote:
riggofan wrote:This whole thing is just embarrassing.


No matter what the Redskins do there will always be someone that will never be happy. Why is this embarrassing? There are at least 10 teams interested in Mark Sanchez. Secondly what has Jason Campbell done? NOTHING. Everything that you do as an owner is a gamble. Sometimes there are good gambles and then there are bad gambles. If the Redskins aren't sold on Jason Campbell and aren't going to give him any commitment then they need to get rid of him now rather then lose him to free agency and get NOTHING for him



I gotta call BS on that. Cambell is finally getting the chance to work with the same offense for more than 1 year in a row and he deserves a fair shot at showing that he can grow in said system. All that aside, we have far bigger issues to settle. How's Sanchez supposed to save the team if he's lying on his back because our o-line has fallen off the truck and there's nothing but the wind left to protect him?

Fire in the Sky
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:31 am
Location: Surfside

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:57 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
TincoSkin wrote:i think sanchez is a red hering. if we move up it will be to grab a great OT


I doubt that. There is still a chance that Oher and/or Andre Smith could be available at 13. We would also not need to trade all the way up to #4 to grab one of the top 4 tackles.


I disagree. Mocks now have all four top OT's going in the top ten, check out McShay's for example. There is a premium placed on franchise tackles, check out last years first round. Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe are the truly elite OT's and are a step above Andre Smith and Michael Oher. So if you want one of the elite OT's, trading up to #4 is where you'll have to go. And knowing how bad we need a franchise OT, I wouldn't have a problem trading up for one.

G4L
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: no

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Why must we wait two more days! Start the draft already!
HAIL

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:36 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
TincoSkin wrote:i think sanchez is a red hering. if we move up it will be to grab a great OT


I doubt that. There is still a chance that Oher and/or Andre Smith could be available at 13. We would also not need to trade all the way up to #4 to grab one of the top 4 tackles.


I disagree. Mocks now have all four top OT's going in the top ten, check out McShay's for example. There is a premium placed on franchise tackles, check out last years first round. Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe are the truly elite OT's and are a step above Andre Smith and Michael Oher. So if you want one of the elite OT's, trading up to #4 is where you'll have to go. And knowing how bad we need a franchise OT, I wouldn't have a problem trading up for one.


So the idea would be to trade three picks, likely two firsts and a third (or something along those lines) to the #4 spot to draft someone that is going to play right tackle for at least the first 2 years of his contract? That makes little sense. Jason Smith is all but certain to go second to the Rams, so in essence this type of trade would be to get Eugene Monroe, who isn't so much better than Smith and Oher imo to trade multiple picks to get him. You are right about McShay's mock, but Kiper's doesn't have Oher going until the 20th pick.
Suck and Luck

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:27 pm

Postby jeremyroyce » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:38 pm

blowwad wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:
riggofan wrote:This whole thing is just embarrassing.


No matter what the Redskins do there will always be someone that will never be happy. Why is this embarrassing? There are at least 10 teams interested in Mark Sanchez. Secondly what has Jason Campbell done? NOTHING. Everything that you do as an owner is a gamble. Sometimes there are good gambles and then there are bad gambles. If the Redskins aren't sold on Jason Campbell and aren't going to give him any commitment then they need to get rid of him now rather then lose him to free agency and get NOTHING for him



I gotta call BS on that. Cambell is finally getting the chance to work with the same offense for more than 1 year in a row and he deserves a fair shot at showing that he can grow in said system. All that aside, we have far bigger issues to settle. How's Sanchez supposed to save the team if he's lying on his back because our o-line has fallen off the truck and there's nothing but the wind left to protect him?


Campbell already had a chance to work in a system for atleast two years. Campbell problem is and somebody already mentioned this he locks on receivers and the defense knows who he is going to throw it to. Another problem with Campbell is his decision making. He takes too long to figure out who he is going to throw it to, when he is going to take off and run with it, or throw it out of bounds. I think that we can address our OL, and DL however like I said if the Redskins aren't sold on Campbell then they need to do something with their QB situation.

Fire in the Sky
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:31 am
Location: Surfside

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:46 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
TincoSkin wrote:i think sanchez is a red hering. if we move up it will be to grab a great OT


I doubt that. There is still a chance that Oher and/or Andre Smith could be available at 13. We would also not need to trade all the way up to #4 to grab one of the top 4 tackles.


I disagree. Mocks now have all four top OT's going in the top ten, check out McShay's for example. There is a premium placed on franchise tackles, check out last years first round. Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe are the truly elite OT's and are a step above Andre Smith and Michael Oher. So if you want one of the elite OT's, trading up to #4 is where you'll have to go. And knowing how bad we need a franchise OT, I wouldn't have a problem trading up for one.


So the idea would be to trade three picks, likely two firsts and a third (or something along those lines) to the #4 spot to draft someone that is going to play right tackle for at least the first 2 years of his contract? That makes little sense. Jason Smith is all but certain to go second to the Rams, so in essence this type of trade would be to get Eugene Monroe, who isn't so much better than Smith and Oher imo to trade multiple picks to get him. You are right about McShay's mock, but Kiper's doesn't have Oher going until the 20th pick.


Some guys on the NFLN rate Monroe higher than Jason Smith. Some say Andre Smith is the best run blocker. Opinions vary, Canes. My point was that it may not be likely that one of the top four OT's will be available at #13. I have serious doubts Oher drops to #20.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Charlottesville, Va.

Postby fleetus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 pm

jeremyroyce wrote:
riggofan wrote:This whole thing is just embarrassing.


No matter what the Redskins do there will always be someone that will never be happy. Why is this embarrassing? There are at least 10 teams interested in Mark Sanchez. Secondly what has Jason Campbell done? NOTHING. Everything that you do as an owner is a gamble. Sometimes there are good gambles and then there are bad gambles. If the Redskins aren't sold on Jason Campbell and aren't going to give him any commitment then they need to get rid of him now rather then lose him to free agency and get NOTHING for him



Problem is, every time Snyder gambles he shows everyone his hand. So everyone either folds or takes him for a ride. The Seahawks are just dangling Sanchez because they figure it will get them the best offers. Snyder just happens to be gullible enough to do it. (over and over)
Build through the draft!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Charlottesville, Va.

Postby fleetus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
TincoSkin wrote:i think sanchez is a red hering. if we move up it will be to grab a great OT


I doubt that. There is still a chance that Oher and/or Andre Smith could be available at 13. We would also not need to trade all the way up to #4 to grab one of the top 4 tackles.


I disagree. Mocks now have all four top OT's going in the top ten, check out McShay's for example. There is a premium placed on franchise tackles, check out last years first round. Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe are the truly elite OT's and are a step above Andre Smith and Michael Oher. So if you want one of the elite OT's, trading up to #4 is where you'll have to go. And knowing how bad we need a franchise OT, I wouldn't have a problem trading up for one.


So the idea would be to trade three picks, likely two firsts and a third (or something along those lines) to the #4 spot to draft someone that is going to play right tackle for at least the first 2 years of his contract? That makes little sense. Jason Smith is all but certain to go second to the Rams, so in essence this type of trade would be to get Eugene Monroe, who isn't so much better than Smith and Oher imo to trade multiple picks to get him. You are right about McShay's mock, but Kiper's doesn't have Oher going until the 20th pick.


Some guys on the NFLN rate Monroe higher than Jason Smith. Some say Andre Smith is the best run blocker. Opinions vary, Canes. My point was that it may not be likely that one of the top four OT's will be available at #13. I have serious doubts Oher drops to #20.


There is no player in this draft worth all that. it is a relatively weak draft compared to most. The teams with picks in the 20's are in the best shape because they likely will get players almost as good as the top 10 and will pay them significantly less.

Snyder is about the only owner dumb enough to pay extra so that he can pay extra to the player he already paid extra to get. :lol: :lol:
Build through the draft!

+++++++++
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:10 am

There was already a thread about this very subject: http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31499
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Return to General Manager's Office