2010 Mock Draft

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:26 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I saw Tim Tebow in their top ten picks and immediately dismissed the website

Well, since Sam Bradford wasn't the first overall pick, I almost dismissed it as well. Then I realized that this mock only includes seniors, and Bradford will be a junior this coming year.

Folks shouldn't be so quick to judge Tebow. I live in Florida and Urban Meyer is going to make every effort to get Tebow drafted high as a QB. Meyer has hired a new offensive coordinator this offseason. And while Steve Addazio has said he won't make many changes to Meyer's spread offense, this is widely considered by the media and fans to be more of a respectful gesture by Addazio not to undermine Meyers highly successful offense and that changes will be introduced to shift the offense to more of a NFL pro style offense in some capacity.

Secondly, Meyer also hired Scot Loeffler, a QB coach from the NFL. Loeffler has been working all offseason with Tebow tweaking his mechanics and footwork. They've said Tebow already looks like a different QB with regard to his throwing motion and footwork.

SCOT LOEFFLER, QUARTERBACKS: In interviews, you can tell Loeffler doesn't want to step on any toes. He's working with the mechanics of the most important quarterback in college football, and nobody wants to screw him up. But Loeffler can relax, because already Tim Tebow and backup John Brantley have seen marked improvement this spring under Loeffler.

Tebow is throwing much less sidearm, more over the top and, for the most part, a crisper spiral. The two work on footwork and five-step drops constantly. Tebow has made it clear he came back to school to win a title, not prepare for the NFL, but Loeffler's NFL pedigree with Tom Brady, Brian Griese and Chad Henne is UF's nod to Tebow that they care about his future beyond college.

Meyer and Tebow are best friends and I can assure you Meyer is going to do everything possible to get Tebow ready for the NFL. The general feeling here in Florida is that Tebow decided to return for his senior year to do just that, get ready for the NFL.

Tebow is the NFL's version of Tyler Hansborough. GREAT college player, but no true NFL position. If Pat White works out well for the Dolphins maybe a team drafts Tebow to play in a Wildcat-style offense. Maybe some team drafts him to be a longterm qb project. Who knows. But the fact remains that Urban Meyer's offense (and similar offenses) don't prepare players well for the NFL and it's going to be very difficult for Tebow to work out all of his problems as a qb (accuracy, mechanics, inability to read defenses) in one college season. All you have to do is go back and watch tape of the games in which Florida's opponents forced Tebow to pass and you'll see how lost he was (Auburn, Georgia, and LSU in 2007 for example).

That's great that you want to point out things he did LAST year. Evidently you didn't read my post. :roll:

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:33 am

SkinsFreak wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I saw Tim Tebow in their top ten picks and immediately dismissed the website

Well, since Sam Bradford wasn't the first overall pick, I almost dismissed it as well. Then I realized that this mock only includes seniors, and Bradford will be a junior this coming year.

Folks shouldn't be so quick to judge Tebow. I live in Florida and Urban Meyer is going to make every effort to get Tebow drafted high as a QB. Meyer has hired a new offensive coordinator this offseason. And while Steve Addazio has said he won't make many changes to Meyer's spread offense, this is widely considered by the media and fans to be more of a respectful gesture by Addazio not to undermine Meyers highly successful offense and that changes will be introduced to shift the offense to more of a NFL pro style offense in some capacity.

Secondly, Meyer also hired Scot Loeffler, a QB coach from the NFL. Loeffler has been working all offseason with Tebow tweaking his mechanics and footwork. They've said Tebow already looks like a different QB with regard to his throwing motion and footwork.

SCOT LOEFFLER, QUARTERBACKS: In interviews, you can tell Loeffler doesn't want to step on any toes. He's working with the mechanics of the most important quarterback in college football, and nobody wants to screw him up. But Loeffler can relax, because already Tim Tebow and backup John Brantley have seen marked improvement this spring under Loeffler.

Tebow is throwing much less sidearm, more over the top and, for the most part, a crisper spiral. The two work on footwork and five-step drops constantly. Tebow has made it clear he came back to school to win a title, not prepare for the NFL, but Loeffler's NFL pedigree with Tom Brady, Brian Griese and Chad Henne is UF's nod to Tebow that they care about his future beyond college.

Meyer and Tebow are best friends and I can assure you Meyer is going to do everything possible to get Tebow ready for the NFL. The general feeling here in Florida is that Tebow decided to return for his senior year to do just that, get ready for the NFL.

Tebow is the NFL's version of Tyler Hansborough. GREAT college player, but no true NFL position. If Pat White works out well for the Dolphins maybe a team drafts Tebow to play in a Wildcat-style offense. Maybe some team drafts him to be a longterm qb project. Who knows. But the fact remains that Urban Meyer's offense (and similar offenses) don't prepare players well for the NFL and it's going to be very difficult for Tebow to work out all of his problems as a qb (accuracy, mechanics, inability to read defenses) in one college season. All you have to do is go back and watch tape of the games in which Florida's opponents forced Tebow to pass and you'll see how lost he was (Auburn, Georgia, and LSU in 2007 for example).

That's great that you want to point out things he did LAST year. Evidently you didn't read my post. :roll:

I still get the feeling that Tebow will be running more than throwing. I could be wrong. He's going to have to give teams a big sample size of him making pro style throws. I'm not saying he can't play qb in the NFL, I just don't think he'll be drafted high at QB. Maybe late 2nd early 3rd.

Hog

Postby vwoodzpusha » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:35 am

SkinsFreak wrote:

Sportscenter was talking about this yesterday I think. Tebow with the right coaching has what it takes to make it in the NFL, He seems to be a great leader.

Hog

Postby vwoodzpusha » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:46 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

Another one from SI.com they have us taking Tim Tebow.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 am

vwoodzpusha wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andrew_perloff/04/28/2010/index.html

Another one from SI.com they have us taking Tim Tebow.

He'll have to have a huge passing season to go 13. If Gresham falls to 24, that will be the steal of that draft for sure.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Even with a new offensive coordinator, I have a hard time believing that their offense will change much. You don't win two national championships and then start changing things. They also spent a good amount of time in recruiting this past year selling kids on the idea of taking over Percy Harvin's role in the offense. However, as you point out, they have a new coordinator and given how close Meyer and Tebow are, it wouldn't be all that much of a surprise to see them go more with some more pro-style sets. Their planned replacement for Tebow, John Brantely, is much more of a pocket passer so at some point they will have to tweak their offense somewhat. I had figured that they would do it after Tebow leaves, but you might be right about it happening sooner rather than later.
Suck and Luck

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:22 am

bump the gators... LETS GO "U".. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:35 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:bump the gators... LETS GO "U".. :lol:

Haha yea. Personally I hope that Tebow completely fails in the NFL. I love watching UF qb's and wr's continue to suck in the pros. I hate the Gaytors.
Suck and Luck

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:55 am

Deadskins wrote:We could very well end up in the market for a first round QB next season. I'm hoping we don't go down that road, but The Danny is known for coveting those big names.

If Campbell doesn't produce this year, we'll be in the market for a QB next year, that's for sure.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:01 pm

I'd expect them to go thru free agency if possible for a QB.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:14 pm

I'd expect them to try and get one in the draft. I just don't see a vet QB being available who's any good.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:49 am

There's not much out there in terms of FA qb's for 2010...

Mark Brunell
David Carr
Brodie Croyle
Jake Delhomme
Jeff Garcia
Joey Harrington
Tarvaris Jackson
Jon Kitna
Josh McCown
Kyle Orton
Chris Redman
Kellen Clemens
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby vwoodzpusha » Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:There's not much out there in terms of FA qb's for 2010...

Mark Brunell
David Carr
Brodie Croyle
Jake Delhomme
Jeff Garcia
Joey Harrington
Tarvaris Jackson
Jon Kitna
Josh McCown
Kyle Orton
Chris Redman
Kellen Clemens

Take Jake Delhomme off that list he just resigned until 2013 I think....

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Fri May 01, 2009 11:57 am

I found the 2011 mock draft even more compelling on that website.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 01, 2009 12:32 pm

vwoodzpusha wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:There's not much out there in terms of FA qb's for 2010...

Mark Brunell
David Carr
Brodie Croyle
Jake Delhomme
Jeff Garcia
Joey Harrington
Tarvaris Jackson
Jon Kitna
Josh McCown
Kyle Orton
Chris Redman
Kellen Clemens

Take Jake Delhomme off that list he just resigned until 2013 I think....

You can add Jason Campbell to the list also. :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to General Manager's Office