VJax

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 pm

That's funny, 'cause VJax told me that he had no idea who you were. :moon:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Countertrey wrote:That's funny, 'cause VJax told me that he had no idea who you were. :moon:

ROTFALMAO jerk!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:52 am

SkinsJock wrote:I hear you LPJ - I totally agree that Moss will be even more effective for this franchise as a slot (or #2) WR

I'm not sure we'll get Jackson but I will be very surprised if we don't have a true #1 WR here soon

Brandon Marshall seem not a good fit in Maimi. Can we trade for him? Does Shanny have a connection with Marshall....?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:43 pm

I hope that Moss finishes out his career here as he's still a good WR and he's still got something to give IMO - I just hope we can move him around a bit and that they find some guys that will make it possible for him to play at different positions and not be constantly doubled
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:24 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I hear you LPJ - I totally agree that Moss will be even more effective for this franchise as a slot (or #2) WR

I'm not sure we'll get Jackson but I will be very surprised if we don't have a true #1 WR here soon

Brandon Marshall seem not a good fit in Maimi. Can we trade for him? Does Shanny have a connection with Marshall....?

Marshall's a great talented WR but do you honestly think Shanahan wants a guy who kicked the ball in practice and deliberately dropped passes thrown to him in practice? Shanahan, our guy who said "you guys don't know what I see in practice".. :lol: I don't even want Marshall here, it's VJax for me 100% !!!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Does Shanny have a connection with Marshall....?

RU serious?

He drafted Marshall and made him a star when they both were in Denver!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Both Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall are knuckleheads.

Ever notice how WRs are the biggest egomaniacs and knuckleheads in the NFL? Why is that?

I'd trade a 2nd rounder for Marshall, I wouldn't go for Jackson -- he's only one slip up from being suspended for one year.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 pm

fredp45 wrote:Both Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall are knuckleheads.

Ever notice how WRs are the biggest egomaniacs and knuckleheads in the NFL? Why is that?

I'd trade a 2nd rounder for Marshall, I wouldn't go for Jackson -- he's only one slip up from being suspended for one year.

First I wouldn't even think about giving up a second rounder for a wr! We have way too many needs to over pay for a wr.

The JETS only have up a second for S. Holmes and he is a better receiver than Jackson!

Jackson isn't even on Marshall's area code in terms of productivity!

The most I would consider giving up for Jackson is Haynesworth, if the Chargers were willing to toss in a 5th or 6th too.

Lets compare Jackson and AH.
Both have run out of favor with their teams!
Both are boom/bust type players.
However
When he is on his game AH is am elite defensive player.
VJ is not an elite wr.
Elite DT's have more of an impact on a game than elite wrs.

If you look at it from that stand point SD would need to chip in some extra to make the trade fair

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Incorrect. The Chargers want Jackson back.

How so? Jackson improved each of his first five seasons and posted back-to-back 1000 yard seasons in 2008 and 2009.

VJ is not an elite wr.

I guess it depends on your definition of elite. Is he on the level of Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald? No. Is he a top 10-15 wr? Absolutely.[/quote]
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:04 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
The most I would consider giving up for Jackson is Haynesworth, if the Chargers were willing to toss in a 5th or 6th too.

However
VJ is not an elite wr.
Elite DT's have more of an impact on a game than elite wrs.

If you look at it from that stand point SD would need to chip in some extra to make the trade fair

Good comparison; however, the Chargers run a 3-4 and the new DC, Greg Manusky, former Redskin, called the plays for the same 3-4 scheme for the Niners. No way the Chagers even think about trading for AH. Also, by now, every GM knows that the only way to maximize AH is to build the D around him - there are not many coaches willing to do that. That only leaves Detroit (former AH DC), Tenn (former AH HC), and Philly (former DL coach and HANDLER) as potential trading partners. Possibly a few teams with a 4-3 might trade for him during pre-season if a D lineman goes down. We have very little trade value for the the Chargers. It is time to stop giving up draft choices. Carter is only good for a 4-3 team. McIntosh and Rogers are free agents (supplemental picks coming)- no trade value unless - sign and trade. Look for Shanny to try to pull his magic and find a Marshall or Rod Smith from a small school.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:12 am

VJax came in the game after his "time away" and posted HUGE numbers like it was nothing. Yes, he had issues.. haaaad issues, doesn't mean he'll do it again. Even with those same past issues he still played his butt off weekly and even when he was double teamed was still able to make the catches.

I don't want to lose draft picks ultimately though, I feel we need to get younger in plenty of positions. There's other WRs out there in free agency that wont cost us as much so there's really no need for VJax..

.. but I like dat SOB!!!! :lol:

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:VJax came in the game after his "time away" and posted HUGE numbers like it was nothing.

His "huge" numbers were very simular to AAA's during that same five game stretch. Actually, AAA posted better numbers in most areas.

AAA posted better numbers this year than VJ did in his first two seasons, combined!

Am I saying AAA is as good as VJ? No. Am I implying he is better than VJ? Of course not. What I am saying is VJ isn't an elite WR and by that I mean he isn't a top ten WR (i might not even put him in the top 20). He would be somewhere bellow Tana on my list.

He is a big yards per catch guy that will never be a 80-100 catch type WR. He is a big play guy on a team with a great QB that makes all of his WRs look good.

A very good player, but not elite.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:VJax came in the game after his "time away" and posted HUGE numbers like it was nothing.

His "huge" numbers were very simular to AAA's during that same five game stretch. Actually, AAA posted better numbers in most areas.

AAA posted better numbers this year than VJ did in his first two seasons, combined!

Am I saying AAA is as good as VJ? No. Am I implying he is better than VJ? Of course not. What I am saying is VJ isn't an elite WR and by that I mean he isn't a top ten WR (i might not even put him in the top 20). He would be somewhere bellow Tana on my list.

He is a big yards per catch guy that will never be a 80-100 catch type WR. He is a big play guy on a team with a great QB that makes all of his WRs look good.

A very good player, but not elite.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 pm

What I am saying is VJ isn't an elite WR and by that I mean he isn't a top ten WR (i might not even put him in the top 20). He would be somewhere bellow Tana on my list.

That is an absolute joke. Below Moss? Not top 20? Time to take off the homer glasses. In 2010 Jackson was in the top 10 in the NFL in yards, average per reception, catches for 1st downs, and td's. How is that not elite?
Suck and Luck

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:52 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
What I am saying is VJ isn't an elite WR and by that I mean he isn't a top ten WR (i might not even put him in the top 20). He would be somewhere bellow Tana on my list.

That is an absolute joke. Below Moss? Not top 20? Time to take off the homer glasses. In 2010 Jackson was in the top 10 in the NFL in yards, average per reception, catches for 1st downs, and td's. How is that not elite?

Which Jackson? I was taking Vincent Jackson. He was none of what you stated last year.
He only has two good seasons. His best season isn't as good as Moss' and Moss had that with a noodle armed QB not a elite QB like Rivers. Moss has been more productive than VJ over the past four years if you take Moss' best four and they are better than VJ's. Moss' worst two are better than VJ's. Moss is just better!

VJ is only bigger and younger, and I would take him over Moss only because of that and only if he didn't have legal issues, which he does. He is simply not an top 20 guy.

I know you don't agree and you would have a lot of people that would agree with you, but l also know I'm right Vincent Jackson.

I guarantee if he becomes a Skin, he will go down as just another high priced bust!

Return to General Manager's Office