Great Idea

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Great Idea

Postby andyjens89 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 pm

I know this is all fantasy but how about trading McNabb and Haynesworth to Cincinnati for Palmer, Ochocino and a draft pick. That would fill two holes for us temporarily and we could actually get something in return for two huge mistakes made by this organization. My 2 cents

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm all for it. Make it so.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm

There is no way on earth that the Bengals give up Palmer, Ocho and a draft pick for McNabb, but you did say "fantasy," so YES I'd do it.

Now, for the the reality. Shanny doesn't want Ocho - we don't need anymore drama here. A straight up Palmer for McNabb could be a huge possibility if the Bengals sign Childress, who they interviewed, as OC.
http://www.thesportsjury.com/2011012110 ... to-bengals
Carson's contract calls for $11.5 million. McNabb $12.5 million so that is almost even. Carson Palmer ranked 19th and McNabb 24th - that's close.

Possible drawbacks:

1. Palmer would need time to learn Kyle's offense. Apparently, Mike wasn't kidding when he said two to three years to learn it.
This means Grossman might start the season so we can operate with a full playbook.
2. A healthy McNabb has more mobility - A need based on last year's line
3. The Bengals may want more since Carson is younger and was rated a little higher

IF Childress, is hired (the Bengals still have their OC under contract), then then the Bengals would probably the only team willing to give up something worth gettting Shanny's ear.

I am going to bet that McNabb hangs around Redskin Park for quite awhile and might even play again next year, if we don't get a QB of the future in the draft.

Postby yupchagee » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Red_One43 wrote:There is no way on earth that the Bengals give up Palmer, Ocho and a draft pick for McNabb, but you did say "fantasy," so YES I'd do it.

Now, for the the reality. Shanny doesn't want Ocho - we don't need anymore drama here. A straight up Palmer for McNabb could be a huge possibility if the Bengals sign Childress, who they interviewed, as OC.
http://www.thesportsjury.com/2011012110 ... to-bengals
Carson's contract calls for $11.5 million. McNabb $12.5 million so that is almost even. Carson Palmer ranked 19th and McNabb 24th - that's close.

Possible drawbacks:

1. Palmer would need time to learn Kyle's offense. Apparently, Mike wasn't kidding when he said two to three years to learn it.
This means Grossman might start the season so we can operate with a full playbook.
2. A healthy McNabb has more mobility - A need based on last year's line
3. The Bengals may want more since Carson is younger and was rated a little higher

IF Childress, is hired (the Bengals still have their OC under contract), then then the Bengals would probably the only team willing to give up something worth gettting Shanny's ear.

I am going to bet that McNabb hangs around Redskin Park for quite awhile and might even play again next year, if we don't get a QB of the future in the draft.

1) You're talking about Mike Brown, so almost anything is possible.
2) Palmer wants out in the worst way.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Red_One43 wrote:There is no way on earth that the Bengals give up Palmer, Ocho and a draft pick for McNabb

Haynesworth would be included.. he would be in a 4-3 and I'm sure Zimmer could get him to play at a high level. Plus the Bengals love players with attitude problems.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:04 am

andyjens89 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:There is no way on earth that the Bengals give up Palmer, Ocho and a draft pick for McNabb

Haynesworth would be included.. he would be in a 4-3 and I'm sure Zimmer could get him to play at a high level. Plus the Bengals love players with attitude problems.

AH doesn't have an attitude problem. He signed a free ice cream for life contract. He doesn't give a rat's posterior. He's set
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:07 am

People keep talking about Carson Palmer like he's still a good qb, he's not. And Ochocinco ain't too good anymore either.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:31 am

brad7686 wrote:People keep talking about Carson Palmer like he's still a good qb, he's not. And Ochocinco ain't too good anymore either.

You might be right in both cases, but suppose that the Shanahan's and McNabb cannot mend their relationship ( that seems likely though I am going to predict they will), in a straight up trade for McNabb you get something rather than nothing. You get a QB that had a better season than McNabb. Palmer's contract cost is slightly lower. He would be a short term fix at QB. He is better than Grossman. He probably is a better fit for the O than McNabb.

Note* I don't think that this can happen unless Childress is hired as the Bengals OC.
Note 2 In order for the Shannys and McNabb to mend the relationship, the Shannys will have to tweak the O to fit McNabb and allow for some improvising. McNabb would probably have to agree to work on his footwork. Yes, I am going out on a limb predicting McNabb will return, but the Shanny's and McNabb's acceptable choices are so limited

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 pm

brad7686 wrote:People keep talking about Carson Palmer like he's still a good qb, he's not. And Ochocinco ain't too good anymore either.

thank you sir. there is no ;furious; way a trade for mcnug/palmer even makes sense. no way we need ochocinco here. no way we need t.o. here. only bengal worth getting is cedric benson so please let's stop the madness..
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

**ch44

Re: Great Idea

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:21 am

andyjens89 wrote:I know this is all fantasy but how about trading McNabb and Haynesworth to Cincinnati for Palmer, Ochocino and a draft pick. That would fill two holes for us temporarily and we could actually get something in return for two huge mistakes made by this organization. My 2 cents

It would also create one big problem with Ochocinco/Johnson. (I think he changed his name again :roll: )
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to General Manager's Office