Mike Sims-Walker?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
spudstr04

Mike Sims-Walker?

Postby spudstr04 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 am

http://www.nfl.com/players/mikesims-walker/profile?id=WAL281506

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e998d7/article/jags-wont-keep-wr-simswalker-te-lewis-signs-73m-tender

The Jacksonville Jaguars are moving forward without Mike Sims-Walker, choosing not to tender an offer to the wide receiver who recently completed his fourth season with the team.

Sims-Walker will become an unrestricted free agent when a new collective bargaining agreement is in place, The Florida Times-Union reported Thursday, and the receiver also confirmed the news via Twitter.

"Its official," Sims-Walker tweeted. "I personally wanna thank all the fans who stuck with me in jacksonville for the last 4 years but sorry to say my time is up!!"

Sims-Walker was a third-round pick by the Jaguars in the 2007 NFL Draft, then missed all of his rookie season with a knee injury and sat out seven more games with injuries in 2008. The receiver flashed some of his potential in 2009, hauling in seven touchdown passes while leading the team in receptions (63) and receiving yards (869).

Sims-Walker's production dipped to 43 catches and 562 yards in 2010, though he did have seven more TD receptions.

This guy could be a good pick up if we miss out on a bigger FA name or Julio Jones in the draft. If we resign Santana, Sims-Walker could be a good #1 or #2. He is 6'2'', so size isn't a problem.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:08 pm

That would be a really good pickup and we wouldn't have to use a pick for a WR. Also, defenses knew the Jags didn't have an elite QB so they really weren't scared of the pass.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:11 pm

As long as he's not wanting the world, I'm game for the pickup
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:18 am

T.O. !!!
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:44 am

brad7686 wrote:T.O. !!!

N.O. !!!!!!!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:51 am

Red_One43 wrote:

N.O. !!!!!!!

Every year they say no, and every year he posts huge numbers.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 am

brad7686 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

N.O. !!!!!!!

I Like T.O. and I agree he posts huge numbers, but can you imagine what it would have been like with T.O. on the team last year especially with McNabb stinking it up. The two of them said that they made up, but one of the first ones to comment about McNabb when he was pulled in Detroit was T.O. He said, "I told you so." T.O. behaved in Buffalo but in Cincy, he popped off at the mouth as usual. I don't have a problem with T.O. and his mouth, but with the Skins still trying to establish an identity, I don't think a lightning rod like T.O. is the player to bring in.

So my No to T.O. is not because I don't think that he can play. It is because, if we are going to bring in an older player, he needs to be a guy who is all about team. If someone gets injured and TO is still out there, I would bring him in. You can always cut him if he gets out of line. I hope he does play next year, but not with the Skins.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:46 am

brad7686 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

N.O. !!!!!!!

And, every year, the team he was on has a locker room meltdown
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:20 am

Countertrey wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

N.O. !!!!!!!

No locker room meltdown in Buffalo and the meltdown in Cincy was the other WR, not T.O.. actually, according to the coaching staff he was quite helpful in trying to difuse the #85 situation in the locker room. You guys are sure living in the past when it comes to T.O., may want to get over that.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 am

Here are numbers for your consideration friends.
Catches/Yards/TDs

Santana- 93/1115/6
Armstrong- 44/871/3
Owens- 72/983/9
SimsWalker- 43/562/7

Let's put aside Sims-Walker for a second. Our boys had McNugget and Rex throwing the ball and you see the numbers. T.O. had Carson and with #85 opposite him, he was able to get some great plays made. T.O. is older but he's in shape and though not as fast as before, he still has great hands. (you can see that from last year)

Now, if you guys don't want T.O. here because you live in the past or for whatever reason, take a look at SimsWalker. This guy was hurt for a few games and even when healthy opposing defenses would stack the box to stop the run and Garrard was just not good enough to get the ball down the field. I can care less if we don't get T.O. but SimsWalker with Moss/Armstrong/Cooley can be a serious force, NO MATTER WHO THE QB IS. Yes, sounds absurd but if I told you that Moss/Armstrong had 137/1986/9 with Mcnugget and Rex some would say I was nuts.

I say we go after SimsWalker.. I mean geez, we had Galloway and some unknown guy all year for Christ sake, SimsWalker is a stud and he can get it done.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:01 pm

One Jaguars "insider" explained to ESPN 101 that free agent Mike Sims-Walker was more of a problem than an asset in Jacksonville.This explains why the Jags did not tender MSW. "He can't beat press coverage off the line of scrimmage and he also whines if they don't throw to him even if they win," the insider explained. "He doesn't want to take the blame when he doesn't make a catch and he has a bad knee. ... (Sims-Walker) had 18 of his catches in two blowouts, 10 in a loss to San Diego and eight in a win over Dallas. In no other game did he have more than four."

from rotoworld so take it as you will.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:12 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:

N.O. !!!!!!!

No locker room meltdown in Buffalo and the meltdown in Cincy was the other WR, not T.O.. actually, according to the coaching staff he was quite helpful in trying to difuse the #85 situation in the locker room. You guys are sure living in the past when it comes to T.O., may want to get over that.

Yes... it's just a coincidence that this follows him around. :roll: San Fran, Philly, Dallas, Cincy... sorry, but a year of silence in the vacuum of Buffalo just isn't convincing. We are still struggling to deal with the consequences of bringing in the princess known as Albert... and you want another...

say N.O. to T.O.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:05 pm

:thump: @ CT for rolling his eyes @ me! LOL

Preciate the link Vet, I'll be honest and admit I didn't know anything about how he was on the Jags.

.. but sheesh guys, I just want someone to make an impact and help us win, can't fault me for that :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Here are numbers for your consideration friends.
Catches/Yards/TDs

Santana- 93/1115/6
Armstrong- 44/871/3
Owens- 72/983/9
SimsWalker- 43/562/7

Let's put aside Sims-Walker for a second. Our boys had McNugget and Rex throwing the ball and you see the numbers. T.O. had Carson and with #85 opposite him, he was able to get some great plays made. T.O. is older but he's in shape and though not as fast as before, he still has great hands. (you can see that from last year)

Now, if you guys don't want T.O. here because you live in the past or for whatever reason, take a look at SimsWalker. This guy was hurt for a few games and even when healthy opposing defenses would stack the box to stop the run and Garrard was just not good enough to get the ball down the field. I can care less if we don't get T.O. but SimsWalker with Moss/Armstrong/Cooley can be a serious force, NO MATTER WHO THE QB IS. Yes, sounds absurd but if I told you that Moss/Armstrong had 137/1986/9 with Mcnugget and Rex some would say I was nuts.

I say we go after SimsWalker.. I mean geez, we had Galloway and some unknown guy all year for Christ sake, SimsWalker is a stud and he can get it done.

I see your numbers JPJ and like I said in my post, TO can still can play, but if I remember correctly, TO finished the year on IR and a young stud named Simpson seemed to come out of nowhere. I am going to defer to Vet's post on SimsWalker and pass on him as well. I say we look for the young stud like Simpson.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Ouch!

Return to General Manager's Office