Mike Sims-Walker?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:03 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:T.O. !!!

N.O. !!!!!!!

Every year they say no, and every year he posts huge numbers.

And, every year, the team he was on has a locker room meltdown

No locker room meltdown in Buffalo and the meltdown in Cincy was the other WR, not T.O.. actually, according to the coaching staff he was quite helpful in trying to difuse the #85 situation in the locker room. You guys are sure living in the past when it comes to T.O., may want to get over that.

Correct, there was no meltdown in Buffalo and no meltdown in Cincinnati, but Terrell does speak his mind and he did so in Cincinnati he blamed the owner and the coaches for Cincy's mess. Now, Terrell might be right because Marvin Lewis downplayed the comments and Carson obviously agrees with TO that's why he wants out, but we don't need this kind of distraction. The Skins are still dealing with the two ring circus of McNabb and Albert, do not need TO coming in here and speaking his mind and adding a third ring for the press to jump in. It might be fun hearing him say the owner is to blame, but that is not all he will say. JPJ, TO is TO and he will always speak his mind - in the past, in the present and in the future. Let's pass on TO.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/f ... index.html

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Wait, 2 ring circus? You were at the wrong show my friend.. it was a 3 ring circus.. Mcnugget/FatAlbert/ShanAllen

.. but I agree with you guys overall though, we really don't need T.O. here (especially since we have that all-star stud Malcolm Kelly) .. wait, I'm hurt again.. or sick this time.. crap, I don't feel good :puke:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:02 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Wait, 2 ring circus? You were at the wrong show my friend.. it was a 3 ring circus.. Mcnugget/FatAlbert/ShanAllen

.. but I agree with you guys overall though, we really don't need T.O. here (especially since we have that all-star stud Malcolm Kelly) .. wait, I'm hurt again.. or sick this time.. crap, I don't feel good :puke:

LMAO

As soon as the offseason gets going expect to see more smart FA signings like Atogwe and some good darfting - you will be feeling good in no time.

Postby kidwell38 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:38 am

Great player with size. Plays like Rod Smith
"No Mission Too Difficult, No Sacrifice Too Great-Duty First"

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:05 pm

kidwell38 wrote:Great player with size. Plays like Rod Smith

Bet he doesn't have Rod Smith's character. :)

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:05 am

I used to dog my fellow posters about caring too much about "character issues".. then I read stuff about SimsWalker online and I'm having a change of heart here. With last season's "episodes", I really don't even want ANYONE with questionable character issues. So SimsWalker, no.

Just my opinion but I'm the same guy who thought football was a ball shaped like a foot! :shock:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:02 am

So, the Jags are dumping a "quality" WR due to character issues?

I'd assume, if he was really good, they'd put up with him. If he's just okay, it isn't worth it...

My question -- why would we, or more specifically, why would Mike Shanahan? We got enough of that now!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:48 am

For a talented receiver like Sims-Walker to change his diva ways, he has to be on his last leg, bounce around to a couple of teams, like Brandon Lloyd. Even then they don't change. They just subdue their behavior to survive. See Brandon Lloyd interview:

http://broncotalk.net/2010/12/20152/bro ... mer-teams/

Also TO didn't tone it done untill he was under one year contracts, but the key is tone it down.

Another example is Randy Moss, he subdued his ways when he got to a strong no nonsence organization that used him the way he wanted to be used, but in the end when he didn't get his way, the old Randy Moss came out.

Since the Redskins are still building an identity - No Divas WR's!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
Since the Redskins are still building an identity - No Divas WR's!!!

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to General Manager's Office