Steve Slaton?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
spudstr04

Steve Slaton?

Postby spudstr04 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:37 pm

The Houston Chronicle suggests that Steve Slaton will be on the trade block prior to the 2011 season.

Beat writer John McClain confirms that it will be "hard" for Slaton to make the 2011 roster behind Arian Foster, Derrick Ward, and Ben Tate. "Ideally," writes McClain, "he looks good in preseason and they can get something for him. If there is a preseason." A zone-blocking club like the Redskins could have interest. Slaton also still has some potential as a change-up back.

http://www.rotoworld.com

Is he a decent fit for RB?
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Fit, maybe. He is only 25 and fits a one-cut system. He also only carried the ball 19 times last season and would cost a draft pick that could be used on a much younger player like Ryan Williams or Da'Rel Scott. I think I'd pass.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:15 am

Not unless they're moving him for a 3rd day pick.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:06 am

Is this another scam by a players agent? It seems that every time somew agent wants to peddle his player, they mention the Redskins. This guy isn't worth a draft pick of any level.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:28 pm

aswas71788 wrote:Is this another scam by a players agent? It seems that every time somew agent wants to peddle his player, they mention the Redskins. This guy isn't worth a draft pick of any level.

Agreed.. and I'm a Slaton fan
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:47 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:Is this another scam by a players agent? It seems that every time somew agent wants to peddle his player, they mention the Redskins. This guy isn't worth a draft pick of any level.

The agent wasn't quoted in the article, the writer mentioned the Skins because Slaton's best year was under KS.

He also thinks DT Amobi Okoye wont make the Texans this year (because he isn't a good fit for their new 3-4 scheme) and might fit here.

Why the Skins were mentioned in connection with Okoye is a mystery
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:36 am

1niksder wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

The agent wasn't quoted in the article, the writer mentioned the Skins because Slaton's best year was under KS.

He also thinks DT Amobi Okoye wont make the Texans this year (because he isn't a good fit for their new 3-4 scheme) and might fit here.

Funny how he won't "fit" their 3-4......but they suggest that he could FIT our 3-4. How different can 3-4 be from one team to another??? IDK
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Funny how he won't "fit" their 3-4......but they suggest that he could FIT our 3-4. How different can 3-4 be from one team to another??? IDK

Tribe buddy I was thinking the same thing. I want people to fit, not try to fit. LOL
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:07 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
1niksder wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Funny how he won't "fit" their 3-4......but they suggest that he could FIT our 3-4. How different can 3-4 be from one team to another??? IDK

The Redskins had an interest in Okoye when he was drafted in 2007. So did the Broncos. When he was drafted the Redskins still used a base 4-3 defense. Someone drew a half-assed connection without giving any thought to the fact the Redskins have changed defensive schemes. Hard to connect using logic but many writers don't. They are simply filling page space.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:55 am

TCIYM wrote:Someone drew a half-assed connection without giving any thought ... Hard to connect using logic but many writers don't. They are simply filling page space.

Wiser words have never been spoken.

The Media is in the business of getting a reaction from their intended audience. They simply don't care if their information is accurately portrayed and often they don't care is it is accurate at all!

As long as they can get lemming fans to swallow it hook line and sinker.

Unfortunately, their is no shortage of mindless fools that will soak up anything the media spews.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:01 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
TCIYM wrote:Someone drew a half-assed connection without giving any thought ... Hard to connect using logic but many writers don't. They are simply filling page space.

Wiser words have never been spoken.

The Media is in the business of getting a reaction from their intended audience. They simply don't care if their information is accurately portrayed and often they don't care is it is accurate at all!

As long as they can get lemming fans to swallow it hook line and sinker.

Unfortunately, their is no shortage of mindless fools that will soak up anything the media spews.

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:01 am

chronic fumbler
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:22 pm

gay4pacman wrote:chronic fumbler

That's huff, puff, give and not huff, puff, drop!

People that fumble chronic (sp?) mess up the rotation.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:03 pm

"puff puff give".....just not "puff puff give" the football up!

To the left sf33, to the left.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog

Postby broomboy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 pm

gay4pacman wrote:"puff puff give".....just not "puff puff give" the football up!

To the left sf33, to the left.

Puff puff pass /thread

Return to General Manager's Office