Post Draft Areas of Need

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
goskins

Post Draft Areas of Need

Postby GoSkins » Fri May 06, 2011 1:17 pm

With a solid draft behind us we still have some obvious needs. In my view they are:

QB
C
OG
ROT
NT
ILB
CB

If we re sign Brown (ROT), Rogers and Buchanan (CBs) then what top FAs, if any, are we likely to look at for QB, C, OG, NT and ILB?

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Fri May 06, 2011 2:52 pm

I hope we move Montgomery to center to at least give him a shot there. I've accepted the fact that Grossman or Beck will be our QB so I'm not worried about QB next year.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Kicker is still a major question mark also. Gano sucks.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Davin Joseph G - Tampa Bay - A Bruce Allen draftee
Ryan Harris T - Denver - A Mike Shanahan draftee

Center - Kory, Will, Erik Cook (2010 draft choice) All are better than Rabach - no free agents needed for this position

ILB - Perry Riley is the real deal

QB - Bulger (insurance in case Beck or Grossman falter)

NT- Brandon Mebane (SEA) – At only 6’1, Mebane has the natural leverage and quickness to give interior linemen fits. He’s as underrated as they come and when you look at his numbers, it’s easy to see why he’s often snubbed when the discussion of the best defensive tackles comes up. Mebane has the work ethic and the tools to be a dominant defensive tackle for next decade and has been instrumental to the Seahawks’ run defense over the last 2 seasons.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html

Mebane took only a season to establish himself as an excellent nose tackle, capable of collapsing pockets, stopping the run, and even sacking a few quarterbacks with 7.5 sacks in 26 games up until the end of 2008.

http://17power.blogspot.com/2011/02/bra ... st-of.html

CB - I think a high motor blue collar guy will be signed - not a high priced guy.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri May 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Davin Joseph G - Tampa Bay - A Bruce Allen draftee

Center - Kory, Will, Erik Cook (2010 draft choice) All are better than Rabach - no free agents needed for this position

NT- Brandon Mebane (SEA) – At only 6’1, Mebane has the natural leverage and quickness to give interior linemen fits. He’s as underrated as they come and when you look at his numbers, it’s easy to see why he’s often snubbed when the discussion of the best defensive tackles comes up. Mebane has the work ethic and the tools to be a dominant defensive tackle for next decade and has been instrumental to the Seahawks’ run defense over the last 2 seasons.

Mebane took only a season to establish himself as an excellent nose tackle, capable of collapsing pockets, stopping the run, and even sacking a few quarterbacks with 7.5 sacks in 26 games up until the end of 2008.

CB - I think a high motor blue collar guy will be signed - not a high priced guy.
Bulger is the only one that will be a UFA if they revert back to 2010 League rules (players will need 6 yrs in the league to hit the market. The other 3 will surely get tendered,
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Thu May 12, 2011 4:59 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:Kicker is still a major question mark also. Gano sucks.

excellent point. as my friend declared during the season last year, "Gano = Guano".

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 am

I REALLY hope Gano is not kicking for us this year but I think he's going to be

I think he'll beat out whomever they bring in for a tryout
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat May 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Every offensive position except tight end

NT

CB
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Postby yupchagee » Fri May 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Does Seatle play 3-4 or 4-3?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri May 27, 2011 8:59 pm

yupchagee wrote:

Does Seatle play 3-4 or 4-3?

4-3
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Mora's Seahawks ran a more hybrid 4-3/3-4 scheme, much as the Cardinals defense did under Clancy Pendergast.

http://arizona.sbnation.com/arizona-car ... ora-jr-for

I assume this is where Mebane got his nose tackle experience.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sat May 28, 2011 6:57 am

None of you think Albert can play NT??

Gano is young -- most kickers take awhile to figure it out. His leg is so strong, I would not give up on him, especially since we suck anyway. Once we become a playoff contender we will need to ensure our kicker is ready. If he's still figuring it out and we're making a playoff push, then I agree our kicker needs to be ready to do it.

I don't believe we spend big dollars on Carlos, we'll spend it on another high priced CB.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:22 am

fredp45 wrote:None of you think Albert can play NT??

Have you ever heard the footballical story about two brothers, Can and Able?

In the beginnning of the 2010 football season, there lived two brothers named Can and Able who lived in the land of NFL. Also, living in the land was a man named Albert. Now, Albert was friends with Can, but even a closer friend with Able. Often, Albert was invited over to play nose tackle with the brothers, but Albert almost always declined to play nose tackle with the brothers. When he did play, he gave a poor, poor effort, often known in NFL land as piss poor. Albert was no fun. Can was confused. He knew that Albert could play nose tackle and Able was even more confused, because he knew that Albert was able to play nose tackle. What was the problem with Albert?

What is seldom mentioned in the story of Can and Able is, the brothers had a sister, Wanna. You see, Albert didn't and doesn't wanna to play nose tackle because he doesn't like the brothers' sister, Wanna. The brothers didn't and don't like the fact that Albert does not like their sister. Can and Able will never ask Albert to play nose tackle again.

The End, or rather, To Be Continued - the story isn't over just yet. Meanwhile, Can and Able search for someone to play nose tackle with them.

Return to General Manager's Office