Is Pryor a good gamble if your the Skins

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
^^^^^^^

Is Pryor a good gamble if your the Skins

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post but if you're the GM, would you draft Tyrell Pryor in the supplemental draft this year (when there is one). Also, what would you give up. Here's my two cents.

I'd offer a 4th round draft pick. Maybe 3rd depending on interviews. He has accuracy issues but I think a lot of that is due to footwork issues which can be corrected but will take some time to sit on the bench and learn under a Vet QB. Use the 4th rounder you got for J Campbell from the Raiders and pick this guy up. May be a head case but has an athletic gift. Just needs a good role model and some time on the bench to learn under a VET coaching staff.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 pm

If I needed a wide receiver I'd consider a 4th or 5th rounder for him. As a qb, nooooooo chance in hell.
Suck and Luck

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:40 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:If I needed a wide receiver I'd consider a 4th or 5th rounder for him. As a qb, nooooooo chance in hell.

+1

I was thinking the same thing
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

kazoo

Re: Is Pryor a good gamble if your the Skins

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:01 am

frankcal20 wrote:if you're the GM, would you draft Tyrell Pryor in the supplemental draft this year (when there is one). Also, what would you give up. Here's my two cents

I'll pass. I'm with Joe Gibbs on focusing on character guys. Pryor's issue is that he's a self centered dumb jock, we don't need that
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:31 pm

I have to pass altogether as well. With Shanny passing on all those QB's in the draft, I doubt that we would have an interest in him as a QB.
With undrafted guys like Joe Devlin still out there and most likely a veteran signing for free agency, I would go as far as to say, no way Shanny is even thinking about him as a QB.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:33 pm

no way, he doesn't have a position

piglet

Postby G0V0LS33 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:32 am

Um no way!
Hey Griswold, where do you think your gonna put a tree that big?

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:46 am

please tell me we were NOT in attendance for his pro day...

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:49 am

sorry to report but we were there.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:53 pm

if we go for him, it better be for a flyer pick, a 7th rounder!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:38 am

I'm still suggesting an 8th round pick - Here's another thread about this

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&start=30

I hope we continue to follow the 'plan' and if that includes this idiot, so be it - I am not convinced he's a team first player

this kid does not fit the profile of the players that we are bringing in here
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 am

I think this kid has a TON of talent. But we're talking talent that we won't see for a few years. He would be our #3 QB and a player that you could use in certain situations like WildCat, etc. If the coaches are ready to groom a guy, he's a decent investment for a 6th round pick in my opinion. I think he has talent and potential but nothing that I want to see right now.

I say a 6th b/c I think that's what it's going to take to get the guy and it was a round where we were able to get a number of picks this past year in. So essentially it isn't going to cost us anything.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 am

I'd agree that offering a 6 is worth wasting :wink:

I really like that we are picking up players based on their character and how they will make other players here better than players that might be 'stars' but only in their own world (and maybe Fantasy football)

I hope that some other franchise picks him with a 4 or a 5
ESPECIALLY after he ran a 4.4 at his Pro day

NOTHING Pryor 'offers' is as important as which franchise picks him - if he gets picked by a franchise that the media thinks are stupid (Redskins, etc...) then it will be regarded as a stupid investment
HOWEVER, if he is picked up by the Eagles, Patriots, Ravens or Steelers it will then be a great move by that franchise :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Ok, if we are talking about a "Slash" type of guy used in the wildcat, wide receiver, and emergency QB. Pryor said that he is open to playing other postions. It is worth the gamble of a 4th, but I am thinking someone is going 3rd with him. Colts are the only team to say that they aren't interested - smoke screen maybe?

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Drafted by Raiders - 3rd Round 18th pick

Return to General Manager's Office