Skins 2011 season off to a bad start.

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
piglet
User avatar
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: Bristol Tn

Skins 2011 season off to a bad start.

Postby butterd97 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:39 am

Ok really? I understand that McNabb is on the back side of his career but a 7th round pick? That is almost as bad as signing Haynesworth to start with. We sign Cofield and overpay for him , sign Stallworth and his bad off the field issues.... Man will this Franchise ever learn? :x

the 'mudge
Posts: 14371
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 am

Better to own a mistake and move on than to keep pounding on that square peg in the round hole.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piglet
User avatar
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: Bristol Tn

Postby butterd97 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 am

Wise and true words... I agree
Man that fight with girl all day get no piece at night.

piglet
User avatar
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am
Location: Bristol, TN

Postby G0V0LS33 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:16 am

Very true but when you do it CONTINUALLY every darn year someone has to be held accountable. I understanding the beating a horse thing but something has to change in the front office. You enter the name
Hey Griswold, where do you think your gonna put a tree that big?

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Skins 2011 season off to a bad start.

Postby 1niksder » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 am

butterd97 wrote:Ok really?

REALLY


butterd97 wrote:I understand that McNabb is on the back side of his career but a 7th round pick?

Really ...? it's two 6th round picks



butterd97 wrote:That is almost as bad as signing Haynesworth to start with.

Really...? AH was a good signing, he was paid too much and it went to his head... and gut


butterd97 wrote:We sign Cofield and overpay for him

Really...? C Johnson set the market and Cofield's total deal is worth less than what CJ got in guaranteed money

butterd97 wrote:sign Stallworth and his bad off the field issues....

Really...? He had one issue 4 years ago, took responsibility from day one... what other off field issue is there that is out there


butterd97 wrote:Man will this Franchise ever learn? :x



Really looks like they have learned.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

piglet
User avatar
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am
Location: Bristol, TN

Postby G0V0LS33 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:27 am

What the hell have they learned? To make bad decisions?
Hey Griswold, where do you think your gonna put a tree that big?

**LPJ**
Posts: 6346
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 am

G0V0LS33 wrote:What the hell have they learned? To make bad decisions?


We went from a team that signed ANYONE who's name was recognized in China to only signing people who fit our needs at a paticular position. That seems like they learned to me.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

spudstr04
Posts: 4116
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:13 am
Location: NC

Re: Skins 2011 season off to a bad start.

Postby spudstr04 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:02 pm

1niksder wrote:
butterd97 wrote:Ok really?

REALLY


butterd97 wrote:I understand that McNabb is on the back side of his career but a 7th round pick?

Really ...? it's two 6th round picks



butterd97 wrote:That is almost as bad as signing Haynesworth to start with.

Really...? AH was a good signing, he was paid too much and it went to his head... and gut


butterd97 wrote:We sign Cofield and overpay for him

Really...? C Johnson set the market and Cofield's total deal is worth less than what CJ got in guaranteed money

butterd97 wrote:sign Stallworth and his bad off the field issues....

Really...? He had one issue 4 years ago, took responsibility from day one... what other off field issue is there that is out there


butterd97 wrote:Man will this Franchise ever learn? :x



Really looks like they have learned.


+1 Good post!
#21 = Forever in our hearts

piglet
User avatar
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: Bristol Tn

Re: Skins 2011 season off to a bad start.

Postby butterd97 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:08 pm

1niksder wrote:
butterd97 wrote:Ok really?

REALLY


butterd97 wrote:I understand that McNabb is on the back side of his career but a 7th round pick?

Really ...? it's two 6th round picks

2 6th round picks ... BRAVO SKINS for showing us again the future of our franchise will be determined by those "Gems" from round 6 and 7...



butterd97 wrote:That is almost as bad as signing Haynesworth to start with.

Really...? AH was a good signing, he was paid too much and it went to his head... and gut

AH is a waste of space and face it , he had one dominant year in Nashville and everyone jumped on his oversized band wagon.


butterd97 wrote:We sign Cofield and overpay for him

Really...? C Johnson set the market and Cofield's total deal is worth less than what CJ got in guaranteed money

The only positive thing about this signing is that it almost promises that AH will be packing his bags and getting out of town soon.

butterd97 wrote:sign Stallworth and his bad off the field issues....

Really...? He had one issue 4 years ago, took responsibility from day one... what other off field issue is there that is out there

Well if you want to get technical about it it wasnt 4 years ago. It was March 14th 2009 and he was drinking. He took the responsibilty for it and I applaud him for that but he is a professional athlete and is held to a higher standard than us common folk.


butterd97 wrote:Man will this Franchise ever learn? :x



Really looks like they have learned.


Well I guess even a backwoods edjumacation is still considered learning in certain parts of the country right?

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Skins 2011 season off to a bad start.

Postby 1niksder » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:17 pm

butterd97 wrote:
Well I guess even a backwoods edjumacation is still considered learning in certain parts of the country right?


I really think Mike and Bruce haven't told "the Danny" that the lockout is over
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

piglet
User avatar
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am
Location: Bristol, TN

Postby G0V0LS33 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Huh? The lockout is over? WTH!!!
Hey Griswold, where do you think your gonna put a tree that big?

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4592
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 pm

G0V0LS33 wrote:Huh? The lockout is over? WTH!!!


We signed Santonio and Nnamdi, right??

What? We didn't?

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:10 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
G0V0LS33 wrote:Huh? The lockout is over? WTH!!!


We signed Santonio and Nnamdi, right??

What? We didn't?


Looks like they will both be on our minor league team
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:54 pm

1niksder wrote:Looks like they will both be on our minor league team


The ONLY good part of that will be getting to hear the Pats fans whine for two weeks (one before/one after) each of the times the JETS plaster them this year.

******
Posts: 2512
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:55 pm
Location: charlotte nc

Postby redskinz4ever » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Countertrey wrote:Better to own a mistake and move on than to keep pounding on that square peg in the round hole.
:hail: :hail: :hail:
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Return to General Manager's Office