Kyle Orton

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Kyle Orton

Postby LORD GIBBS » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Why are we not making a play for Kyle Orton????? He has to be way better than what we have right?
I BLEED BURGUNDY AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 pm

LORD GIBBS wrote:Why are we not making a play for Kyle Orton????? He has to be way better than what we have right?
Denver was asking for at least a 3rd round pick, then had to pay him a $1.5M bonus today.... I'm sure the price went up after that. He might not even be on the trading block anymore
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Re: Kyle Orton

Postby yupchagee » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 pm

LORD GIBBS wrote:Why are we not making a play for Kyle Orton????? He has to be way better than what we have right?

The Fins turned him down because the asking price was too high.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 pm

The Dolphins allegedly never even made an offer. I live in Broncos country and there is a HUGE push to start Tim Tebow. No one is every happy with solid production at the QB spot, there's always this feeling that you need to have Brady or Manning or Brees and you should never settle on someone who is solidly above average.

Bottom line is, Kyle Orton is still only 29, and in Denver has two straight 20 TD years, a 60+ completion percentage, only 21 total INTs, and 7,455 yards of passing. Who cares if he's only 11-17? The team stinks!

Orton is a very good quarterback in the NFL and he's proven it, it's insanity that Kevin Kolb, who is a complete nobody could get DRC AND a 2nd round pick while Orton can't generate a 3rd rounder.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:44 am

Why so we can just continue to add to the collection of trash that we have at the QB position.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:33 am

jeremyroyce wrote:Why so we can just continue to add to the collection of trash that we have at the QB position.

Dag Jeremy, not even an inch of love for Orton my friend?

He had a really good year last season and their OL wasn't that much better than ours. He made the Brandon Lloyd look like Jerry Rice at times too (I still hate B Lloyd..lol).
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Postby Skins BestSafety #21 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:Why so we can just continue to add to the collection of trash that we have at the QB position.

He had a really good year last season and their OL wasn't that much better than ours. He made the Brandon Lloyd look like Jerry Rice at times too (I still hate B Lloyd..lol).
Kyle Orton is a solid QB with good stats. Were going to start the season with John Beck as our starting QB. He couldn't even beat out Chad Henne or Tyler Thigpen in Mia. For all of that we could have kept our 2nd round pick that we gave the Eagler for McSlabb and gave J. Campbell two more seasons with a solid O-line. John Beck over Kyle Orton Shanahan's are you serious.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:44 am

Skins BestSafety #21 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Kyle Orton is a solid QB with good stats. Were going to start the season with John Beck as our starting QB. He couldn't even beat out Chad Henne or Tyler Thigpen in Mia. For all of that we could have kept our 2nd round pick that we gave the Eagler for McSlabb and gave J. Campbell two more seasons with a solid O-line. John Beck over Kyle Orton Shanahan's are you serious.

In hindsight you are right. We should have kept our draft choices for McNabb, but what makes you think that Shanny would have done something different with the O line? With that second rounder for McNabb, he might have used that pick on Clausen. Where would we have been without McNabb? Still rotating guards and an o line that that stank up the season at the beginning AND J. Campbell flat on his back and throwing INTs when he wasn't (Not that he had that rep, but that's what he would have been doing with our O which was probalby worst than 2009) As bad as McNabb played for us, I believe we would not have beat the Cowboys, Eagles, or Pack without him.

Trading for Orton now - what is the estimation when he would be ready to handle this O. Why go into the year with only 50% of your O? Play your full O so your guys can learn it and take your lumps with Beck and Grossman. We aren't expected to compete for the division. Let's just play competitive football and put us in position to make that run next year and the years to come. We don't have the personnel to get into the pay big bucks for a OK QB when our Future QB is still in college to be gotten next year.

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:30 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

No, I'm sorry I have never liked Orton. I honestly would rather trade for Tebow then I would for Orton. Just my opinion.

Postby yupchagee » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:33 pm

jeremyroyce wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

No, I'm sorry I have never liked Orton. I honestly would rather trade for Tebow then I would for Orton. Just my opinion.

So would I, but he's not available.
Skins fan since '55

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:47 pm

yupchagee wrote:
jeremyroyce wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

So would I, but he's not available.

If what I am hearing is correct maybe he just might be available. I'm not so sure that the Broncos are sold on him.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Hearing the same thing
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Tim Tebow will be no better than any other Florida quarterback in this league. I am simply schocked at how much smoke is blown up this guys backside. I just don't get it.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby yupchagee » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:31 pm

emoses14 wrote:Tim Tebow will be no better than any other Florida quarterback in this league. I am simply schocked at how much smoke is blown up this guys backside. I just don't get it.

What does the name of the school have to do with anything? Thr famous flops played for Spurier.
Skins fan since '55

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:57 pm

yupchagee wrote:
emoses14 wrote:Tim Tebow will be no better than any other Florida quarterback in this league. I am simply schocked at how much smoke is blown up this guys backside. I just don't get it.

What does the name of the school have to do with anything? Thr famous flops played for Spurier.

It doesn't, necessarily. Was only using it to say none of them amounted to anything, as I don't believe this guy will. Didn't mean to imply it was BECAUSE of the school or having the same coach. Hell, its probably coincidence they've all sucked, but the fact still holds they all have.

But,

Fine, he'll be about as productive as Chris Leek. Same coach. Better? Or, he'll be the next Eric Crouch. Similar mechanics and accolades in college. I think, similar success in the NFL.

My only point being, for a guy who's done nothing, proven nothing, he sure gets a lot of hype. Unless something has changed in the NFL, I'm not seeing a Mike Alstott clone, with a goofy throwing motion, and an "unstoppable" jump pass being a good idea for the 'skins. It'd be a silly move. Let Denver waste their time with him. Or find another sucker, if Elway is even that smart.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to General Manager's Office