Kyle Orton

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 am

yupchagee wrote:
emoses14 wrote:Tim Tebow will be no better than any other Florida quarterback in this league. I am simply schocked at how much smoke is blown up this guys backside. I just don't get it.

What does the name of the school have to do with anything? Thr famous flops played for Spurier.

It has to do with the system that the particular school employs. While Urban Meyer ran a different system than Spurrier, it was still a run-first spread offense that is significantly different than what most NFL teams run. If you go back and watch Tebow's games at UF where he was forced to pass, either because a team took away the run or because they were down, he struggled. Tebow, as much as I hate him, was a great college player, but it's difficult to see how his skills translate to playing qb in the NFL.
Suck and Luck

Postby yupchagee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:31 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
emoses14 wrote:Tim Tebow will be no better than any other Florida quarterback in this league. I am simply schocked at how much smoke is blown up this guys backside. I just don't get it.

What does the name of the school have to do with anything? Thr famous flops played for Spurier.

It has to do with the system that the particular school employs. While Urban Meyer ran a different system than Spurrier, it was still a run-first spread offense that is significantly different than what most NFL teams run. If you go back and watch Tebow's games at UF where he was forced to pass, either because a team took away the run or because they were down, he struggled. Tebow, as much as I hate him, was a great college player, but it's difficult to see how his skills translate to playing qb in the NFL.

A lot of colleges play some sort of spread. If you only want QB's from pro style systems, you will overlook a lot of talent.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Maybe Shanahan is setting this team up for a low pick next year to get "Luck"y or Barkley or Jones. Why give up too much now for a guy that will be your backup after you get one of those three guys?

I can see it happening -- we have another crappy year. Win 4-5-6 games, get a low pick, hope that we can get one of those guys even if we trade away two first rounders, 12 and 13.

3 years to fix Vinnie and Danny's mess!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Shanahan is trying to do whatever he can to make this franchise successful as quickly as possible

He will try to win as many games as possible

He will find a QB as soon as possible WITHOUT giving up too much

we are trying to recover from a terrible job here by Cerrato & Snyder

THIS WILL TAKE TIME
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:48 pm

fredp45 wrote:Maybe Shanahan is setting this team up for a low pick next year

No organization would ever throw a 16 game season to get one player. Even the Lions never did that. They didn't "try" to suck, they just sucked.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to General Manager's Office