Fletcher or Mcintosh replacement

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Fletcher or Mcintosh replacement

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:06 pm

First off let me say both of these guys r good players and fletcher at 37 is still a top 5 middle linebacker however i believe we will be picking with the 17th pick or so and fletcher is 37 and a free agent next year so 3 great middle line backers we could get in the 2012 draft are vontaze burfict, luke kuechly, and manti te'o. that would be amazing. :lol:

HTTR

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:51 pm

At this point in our season it's a little early to forecast our needs for the next draft. But...I'd go on the offensive side of the ball with a QB and then on the defensive side with a CB.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Linebackers can be found all over the draft. Fletcher was undrafted. Unless there is a Patrick Willis or Brian Urlacher type player in the draft, I don't see a reason to take one really high.
XVII XXII XXVI

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:35 pm

^ +1
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:06 pm

andyjens89 wrote:Linebackers can be found all over the draft. Fletcher was undrafted. Unless there is a Patrick Willis or Brian Urlacher type player in the draft, I don't see a reason to take one really high.

At the end of the 1st quarter of the season Patrick Willis and Brian Urlacher are tied at 28th in tackles with 28 each and no sacks. Patrick Willis is 26 and Brian Urlacher is almost 34. McIntosh is only 28, has 27 tackles and a sack. They already have a "Patrick Willis or Brian Urlacher type" ... and almost let him leave.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Im just saying its something we could do.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:36 pm

PickSixerTWSS wrote:Im just saying its something we could do.

We could also blow the rest of the season for a shot at Luck.

just sayin... :twisted:

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Too late
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Re: Fletcher or Mcintosh replacement

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:00 am

PickSixerTWSS wrote:First off let me say both of these guys r good players and fletcher at 37 is still a top 5 middle linebacker however i believe we will be picking with the 17th pick or so and fletcher is 37 and a free agent next year so 3 great middle line backers we could get in the 2012 draft are vontaze burfict, luke kuechly, and manti te'o. that would be amazing. :lol:

HTTR
what i can say now is that McIntosh is doing great and so is fletcher however fletcher is 37 and is a FA next year.

Hog

Postby broomboy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:05 am

GoSkins wrote:At this point in our season it's a little early to forecast our needs for the next draft. But...I'd go on the offensive side of the ball with a QB and then on the defensive side with a CB.

i don't see us grabbing a CB with Hall and Wilson theres not really a need. 1.QB/2.OL or OL/Qb dpendin on draft position.

**LPJ**

Re: Fletcher or Mcintosh replacement

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:33 am

PickSixerTWSS wrote:
PickSixerTWSS wrote:First off let me say both of these guys r good players and fletcher at 37 is still a top 5 middle linebacker however i believe we will be picking with the 17th pick or so and fletcher is 37 and a free agent next year so 3 great middle line backers we could get in the 2012 draft are vontaze burfict, luke kuechly, and manti te'o. that would be amazing. :lol:

HTTR
what i can say now is that McIntosh is doing great and so is fletcher however fletcher is 37 and is a FA next year.

Nothing wrong wit looking towards the future, it'll have to be done eventually but I think Fletcher will come back next year. I honestly believe he'll play out his career here and despite his age he still has plenty of gas left in the tank.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:46 am

1niksder wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:Linebackers can be found all over the draft. Fletcher was undrafted. Unless there is a Patrick Willis or Brian Urlacher type player in the draft, I don't see a reason to take one really high.

At the end of the 1st quarter of the season Patrick Willis and Brian Urlacher are tied at 28th in tackles with 28 each and no sacks. Patrick Willis is 26 and Brian Urlacher is almost 34. McIntosh is only 28, has 27 tackles and a sack. They already have a "Patrick Willis or Brian Urlacher type" ... and almost let him leave.

Urlacher also has a couple of picks and a fumble recovery return for a TD. :shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 am

broomboy wrote:
GoSkins wrote:At this point in our season it's a little early to forecast our needs for the next draft. But...I'd go on the offensive side of the ball with a QB and then on the defensive side with a CB.

i don't see us grabbing a CB with Hall and Wilson theres not really a need. 1.QB/2.OL or OL/Qb dpendin on draft position.

Disagree. Haslett is very aggressive. For some of the stuff he does, he would like to know that he can take away the opponent's #1 for 4 seconds. We don't currently have a corner that can do that, so, yes, there IS a need...

My list of priorities, which is completely dependent upon best available:
1. Quarterback of the future
2. O line OR Cornerback who can reliably take away a receiver when needed (such as a true Zero Blitz).

If he'd been willing to accept what he was actually worth, this would have been Carlos Rogers role. Had he been on the field against the Cowboys, he'd have been man up on Bryant... and that pass would probably have fallen to the ground. Say what you want, but he's not peeking into the backfield... and he doesn't bite on that weak headfake. You don't need an interception in that case... just a pass defensed.

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 am

Countertrey wrote:
broomboy wrote:

Disagree. Haslett is very aggressive. For some of the stuff he does, he would like to know that he can take away the opponent's #1 for 4 seconds. We don't currently have a corner that can do that, so, yes, there IS a need...

If he'd been willing to accept what he was actually worth, this would have been Carlos Rogers role. Had he been on the field against the Cowboys, he'd have been man up on Bryant... and that pass would probably have fallen to the ground. Say what you want, but he's not peeking into the backfield... and he doesn't bite on that weak headfake. You don't need an interception in that case... just a pass defensed.

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:42 am

1niksder wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
broomboy wrote:

+1

+2
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to General Manager's Office