Fletcher or Mcintosh replacement

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:58 am

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
broomboy wrote:
GoSkins wrote:At this point in our season it's a little early to forecast our needs for the next draft. But...I'd go on the offensive side of the ball with a QB and then on the defensive side with a CB.

i don't see us grabbing a CB with Hall and Wilson theres not really a need. 1.QB/2.OL or OL/Qb dpendin on draft position.

Disagree. Haslett is very aggressive. For some of the stuff he does, he would like to know that he can take away the opponent's #1 for 4 seconds. We don't currently have a corner that can do that, so, yes, there IS a need...

If he'd been willing to accept what he was actually worth, this would have been Carlos Rogers role. Had he been on the field against the Cowboys, he'd have been man up on Bryant... and that pass would probably have fallen to the ground. Say what you want, but he's not peeking into the backfield... and he doesn't bite on that weak headfake. You don't need an interception in that case... just a pass defensed.

+1

+2

+1(more win if he was)

Carlos Rogers is a moron.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:04 pm

As much as I despised Rogers, I have to agree with that statement. He def. would've played that better and even gotten an INT out of it. :shock: Naw of course not but he would've knocked it down for sure.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Countertrey wrote:Disagree. Haslett is very aggressive. For some of the stuff he does, he would like to know that he can take away the opponent's #1 for 4 seconds. We don't currently have a corner that can do that, so, yes, there IS a need...

I disagree. The reason that I do is because it's longer than 4 seconds. It's 6,7,8 seconds. I'd be willing to bet if we go back and look at the Romo-Dez play, it's in the 5+ second category.

Baltimore overall has secondary vastly inferiror to our own. Their DB's could lay on the ground and WR's would still be covered. Why? Pass-rush.

We had Springs, Smoot, Taylor and Landry and our secondary was getting torched... Why? No pass rush.

You want Hall to look better? Get a better pass rush? Just because we've elevated from an atrocious pass-rush to what we have today does NOT mean we have arrived. Our NT and DE's don't get the pressure they should be getting, although they are AT LEAST occupying blockers.

In short. Improve the pass-rush, you improve the secondary.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Once we get Jenkins back, that will change.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

C'mon Man !!! :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:38 pm

1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

NICE!

:!:

Dag, NFC East holding the top 3 down.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:47 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

NICE!

:!:

Dag, NFC East holding the top 3 down.

And the G-strings are tied for 5th.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:24 am

I've clamored for years about not taking a qb because our team isn't good enough to win with one anyway, but man, the time has come, qb is by far the most glaring issue on this team. The only way I see passing one up next draft is if there is a potential star receiver that's big, like in the CJ/Fitz mold. We'll probly finish with a good enough record where we can't get a decent qb or wr. oh well.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:53 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Disagree. Haslett is very aggressive. For some of the stuff he does, he would like to know that he can take away the opponent's #1 for 4 seconds. We don't currently have a corner that can do that, so, yes, there IS a need...

I disagree. The reason that I do is because it's longer than 4 seconds. It's 6,7,8 seconds. I'd be willing to bet if we go back and look at the Romo-Dez play, it's in the 5+ second category.

Baltimore overall has secondary vastly inferiror to our own. Their DB's could lay on the ground and WR's would still be covered. Why? Pass-rush.

We had Springs, Smoot, Taylor and Landry and our secondary was getting torched... Why? No pass rush.

You want Hall to look better? Get a better pass rush? Just because we've elevated from an atrocious pass-rush to what we have today does NOT mean we have arrived. Our NT and DE's don't get the pressure they should be getting, although they are AT LEAST occupying blockers.

If you look at that play, Hall was handed his butt at 2 seconds. Had he covered Bryant for 4 seconds, he would have been there when the ball arrived at 5 or 6 seconds. PERIOD. After the head fake and the inside slant move, he ran in a straight line. A corner that doesn't spin in his boots at the headfake would have still been with him. A corner that isn't peeking into the backfield doesn't get distracted from his cushion, and doesn't allow Bryant to close it up, making him susceptible to the head fake.

The pass rush was effective. Romo was retreating when he threw the pass up. No pass rush would have been there.

4 seconds is the best you will get from virtually any cornerback. Beyond that, a solid RECEIVER begins working back towards the line of scrimmage, to give his quarterback a target. At that point, the job of the cornerback is no longer to defense the pass, but to make an immediate tackle. That's just how it is.

Pass rush? Lead the league in sacks. Lead the league in GB hits. What do you want, Chris? The pass rush was effective on this play... there were 4 Redskins in pursuit of the retreating Romo at the time. One (Kerrigan) peeled off when he saw the TE slip his blocking assignment, apparently setting up a delay screen...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:43 am

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
broomboy wrote:
GoSkins wrote:At this point in our season it's a little early to forecast our needs for the next draft. But...I'd go on the offensive side of the ball with a QB and then on the defensive side with a CB.

i don't see us grabbing a CB with Hall and Wilson theres not really a need. 1.QB/2.OL or OL/Qb dpendin on draft position.

Disagree. Haslett is very aggressive. For some of the stuff he does, he would like to know that he can take away the opponent's #1 for 4 seconds. We don't currently have a corner that can do that, so, yes, there IS a need...

If he'd been willing to accept what he was actually worth, this would have been Carlos Rogers role. Had he been on the field against the Cowboys, he'd have been man up on Bryant... and that pass would probably have fallen to the ground. Say what you want, but he's not peeking into the backfield... and he doesn't bite on that weak headfake. You don't need an interception in that case... just a pass defensed.

+1

+2

=
+3

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
broomboy wrote:

+1

+2

=
+3

+4 ... but still an ill-advised defensive call in that situation ... and they were gonna punt it they didn't end up with 4th and very short.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:16 am

Countertrey wrote:
broomboy wrote:

My list of priorities, which is completely dependent upon best available:
1. Quarterback of the future
2. O line OR Cornerback who can reliably take away a receiver when needed (such as a true Zero Blitz).

I loved Rogers. However his attitude made it clear he did not want to be a Redskin anymore. Whenever a player clearly wants to leave what can we do?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:27 am

well now resigning London Fletcher might be weird because he is paid as the number 5 or so linebacker at about 4.90 million$$. look here is the deal , he makes more money then Ray Lewis, Navarro Bowman, Terrell Suggs.....and a bunch of others . But guess what! He makes more freak'n money than

CLAY MATTHEWS-
DEMARCUS WARE-
PATRICK WILLIS!

for alll the respect I have for London Fletcher, he is not worth more those 3. i am sorry. However with the season this guy is having (leading the leauge in tackles) we should make him a reasonable offer about 5.10 million$$ or something like

I want you guys to tell me what would be the limit of money to offer london fletcher this year.

PicksixerTWSS

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:09 pm

How much a player makes is not relevant in this case

Should Aaron suddenly make more than Brady or Peyton?

London Fletcher's leadership is not easily replaced
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 ... 27-21

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:45 pm

SkinsJock wrote:London Fletcher's leadership is not easily replaced
now this is true :-k

Return to General Manager's Office