Personnel Priorities for 2012

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

What are our personnel priorities fro 2012?

QB
94%
OG
No votes
ROT
No votes
RB
No votes
CB
6%
NT
No votes
ILB
No votes

Total votes : 18
goskins

Personnel Priorities for 2012

Postby GoSkins » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:56 pm

What position would you acquire in FA and the Draft for 2012?

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:58 am

Priority 1 has to be qb. #2 is oline.....and a distant #3 is dline and cb.
Suck and Luck

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:Priority 1 has to be qb. #2 is oline.....and a distant #3 is dline and cb.

QB and O-L are definitely the clear needs.

After that it's where the guys we like appear. You get better by getting better players, not filling slots with the best player available in that slot.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am

i agree with the prevailing sentiment here.

QB
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL
CB
DL
WR

we are a QB and 1 or 2 OL starters (and some good OL depth) away from being a pretty competetive team. it's not nearly as bad as it seems right now. we'll be pretty good soon.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:38 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:Priority 1 has to be qb. #2 is oline.....and a distant #3 is dline and cb.

I think dline is competent (especially when Jenkins comes back to play next year). I would say WR is more of a distant 3rd need.

Or a replacement for London Fletcher...good lord, we need one badly, because when he retires, our defense is going to feel that retirement.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:33 pm

He will never retire!
I agree tho first round franchise qb then comes best players available like Kaz said. We need some playmakers not just add depth cus we need it best player available.
I also agree Qb and Oline depth make us a much better team pretty quickly
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Qb
OL
WR
DB
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:20 pm

PulpExposure wrote:

I think dline is competent (especially when Jenkins comes back to play next year). I would say WR is more of a distant 3rd need.

Or a replacement for London Fletcher...good lord, we need one badly, because when he retires, our defense is going to feel that retirement.
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+!.........................

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:13 am

+1

Although you could make the case the WR could be #3, but #3 or #4 it is still distant like you said.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:45 am

PulpExposure wrote:Or a replacement for London Fletcher...good lord, we need one badly, because when he retires, our defense is going to feel that retirement.

+1k

This needs to be a priority after the QB and O-Line. Even if Riley is ready, he ain't Fletcher and that still leaves a spot open (sorry Rocky). London is in on every play, rarely misses a tackle, and gets the occasional interception. He's probably the smartest football mind on the field. He may be good for another year or two, but you want him around to mentor whoever we bring in.

I've said it before, but the FO needs to keep Fletcher on as an assistant LB coach after he retires. His leadership, football smarts, professionalism, character, and work ethic are things you don't see often. He's the ideal mentor for any young players the team brings in.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:50 pm

QB and OL - we have to get better and have depth

the secondary looks like we need help but our defense will be fine when we can consistently get pressure up front
the D line also needs depth

like dcd said - we are not far away - these guys have done well considering the state of the franchise in 2008/9
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Return to General Manager's Office